PDA

View Full Version : Can I use the new aircraft in UQMG ?

Flying_Buddha
02-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Hello all,

firstly...

Great patch! So happy to see the Tempest MkV and the Mossies in the game...thanks so much for all the contiuned hard work Oleg and team. And all you 3rd party modelers and skinners... Well done! This game is getting better all the time thanks to you guys.

Anyway, a quick question if I may. I've searched the forum and not found what I am looking for, so here goes.

Is there an update for UQMG which uses the new aircraft in the 4.03m patch? And if there's NOT can I update it myself by editing an .ini file or something?

I was using Dgen but it keeps hanging on me and crashing, so I got fed up with it and besides I prefer UQMG.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Flying_Buddha
02-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Hello all,

firstly...

Great patch! So happy to see the Tempest MkV and the Mossies in the game...thanks so much for all the contiuned hard work Oleg and team. And all you 3rd party modelers and skinners... Well done! This game is getting better all the time thanks to you guys.

Anyway, a quick question if I may. I've searched the forum and not found what I am looking for, so here goes.

Is there an update for UQMG which uses the new aircraft in the 4.03m patch? And if there's NOT can I update it myself by editing an .ini file or something?

I was using Dgen but it keeps hanging on me and crashing, so I got fed up with it and besides I prefer UQMG.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Treetop64
02-14-2006, 09:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flying_Buddha:
...if there's NOT can I update it myself by editing an .ini file or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think for the short term, this may be a more viable option. I hope somthing comes up. The recent new aircraft and maps beg to be used in UQMG!

Cloyd
02-15-2006, 01:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flying_Buddha:
...can I update it myself by editing an .ini file or something?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was possible in past versions to edit UQMG files to include new flyables, but only if the plane had already been included as AI. If the plane is completely new, both AI and flyable, then I don't think it's possible. You'll have to wait for UberDemon to update.

(It's been a while since I tried this, so I can't quite remember which files need to be edited.)

Cloyd

Mongoose117A
02-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Shouldn't it work if you build a mission in UQMG using planes that already exist, and the open the mission in the FMB and change them? I'm going to try this out right now.

Tim

Mongoose117A
02-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Update: It worked just fine. I created a mission in UQMG, opened it in the FMB, and changed the airplane to the Do335. Everything worked fine. The only thing I noticed weird is that the autopilot (that I let fly the whole mission, just to see what would happen) did an unusual thing; as the Pfeil approached the targets (a line of parked bombers), it did a barrel roll as it dropped its weapons, which were airburst bombs. The bomblets released all around the airplane, but no damage was incurred. I don't think this had anything to do with UQMG, or FMB. Hope this info helps.
Oh, and by the way, if you plan on making a lot of missions with the new airplanes, I'd suggest creating a new folder in the appropriate country folder for that particular plane. You can then save the missions there when you're done changing them.

Flying_Buddha
02-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks Mongoose, i'll give it a go...

Treetop64
02-15-2006, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mongoose117A:
Update: It worked just fine. I created a mission in UQMG, opened it in the FMB, and changed the airplane to the Do335. Everything worked fine. The only thing I noticed weird is that the autopilot (that I let fly the whole mission, just to see what would happen) did an unusual thing; as the Pfeil approached the targets (a line of parked bombers), it did a barrel roll as it dropped its weapons, which were airburst bombs. The bomblets released all around the airplane, but no damage was incurred. I don't think this had anything to do with UQMG, or FMB. Hope this info helps.
Oh, and by the way, if you plan on making a lot of missions with the new airplanes, I'd suggest creating a new folder in the appropriate country folder for that particular plane. You can then save the missions there when you're done changing them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great workaround there, Mongoose! I'll have to try that.

Quick question, though:
In UQMG you have the option of setting the local scenery and static aircraft to match the aircraft you're flying in the mission. So, if you go into the FMB after setting up and saving in the UQMG, and select a much newer aircraft, will the scenery and static aircraft reflect that change, or will it remain as it was setup in the UQMG?

Thanks.

Flying_Buddha
02-15-2006, 01:48 PM
How do I save my UQMG mission for editing in FMB?

Treetop64
02-15-2006, 04:54 PM
How do I save my UQMG mission for editing in FMB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

&gt; Create your mission in UQMG.
&gt; In UQMG, click on "File" drag-down menu.
&gt; Select "Save".

Flying_Buddha
02-15-2006, 09:04 PM
The file extension is .UQMG

How do I get a UQMG file into the FMB?

Doesn't it need to be a .mis file?

Mongoose?

Mongoose117A
02-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Regarding Treetop: No, everything else will stay the same unless you change it personally. It would take some doing to change all of the dynamic/static scenery such as vehicles and aircraft.

As for saving the mission: (Uberdemon, please correct me if I'm wrong) UQMG saves built missions in three places: Single, Coop, and Multi (I may have those wrong... what I mean is it saves the mission so you can play it offline as a single mission, or online as a coop/campaign, or online as a dogfight arena). It saves them in the country folder marked "NN" (for none). You can open them up directly thru FMB by navigating to the NN folder and open up the one you just built (marked by date, and I think time). As far as saving them when you've completed your changes, just "save as" to your choice of off or online folders, and I even save it in a new folder (I've prepared beforehand) for the country and type of aircraft. For example, as a BIG Do335 fan, I went into the Ubisoft\IL2 folder, and created a new folder inside of Missions\DE marked "Do335" and I save my missions there. Once inside IL2, I can access them by picking Germany as the country, and the Do335 folder. I hope all this made sense. Please email me at Aardvark892@msn.com if you need more specific instructions. Cheers!

Tim

P.S. This was written by memory without having Windows Explorer open, so I may have misnamed the correct folders. Just browse around inside of IL2 and you'll find the folders I mean.

Treetop64
02-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks, Goose. I think mowing the lawn with toe-nail clippers would be less tedious than changing the volume of scenery UQMG generates, since I "check all blocks" in the scenery options within UQMG.

Some way has to be figured to insert the updated plane and scenery files in 4.03 into UQMG. There's gotta be some simple "copy and paste" method that it can be fooled into accepting. Or even inserting some corresponding text within an .ini or .cfg file.

Hoping that, anyways. I'll certainly try.

Mongoose117A
02-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Treetop, I've had a lot of email correspondence with Uberdemon, and I can tell you he's probably right on top of working a new update as we speak. He's dedicated to his UQMG. Too bad he doesn't get paid for his work. Maybe 1C oughta pay him LOTS and work his system into IL2, replacing the sorely lacking QMB.

Tim

Flying_Buddha
02-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Ok I got it now, thanks for helping.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif