PDA

View Full Version : Any way to improve pilot AI?

Noxx0s
02-11-2010, 02:24 PM
For both sides? I was flying against a squadron of FW-190s with my squadron of LA-7s and it was a bit frustrating to watch them all get caught up almost instantly into scissor fighting with my group... We shot down all 9 of them to the loss of 3 of ours.

Is there anything I can edit in the ini files or maybe a mod or something?

Even if there isn't a way to add "AI routines" just making them fly more challengingly would be nice... so many times they fly way too straight even when I'm shooting at them! Nothing compared to humans who juke and roll constantly.

Noxx0s
02-11-2010, 02:24 PM
For both sides? I was flying against a squadron of FW-190s with my squadron of LA-7s and it was a bit frustrating to watch them all get caught up almost instantly into scissor fighting with my group... We shot down all 9 of them to the loss of 3 of ours.

Is there anything I can edit in the ini files or maybe a mod or something?

Even if there isn't a way to add "AI routines" just making them fly more challengingly would be nice... so many times they fly way too straight even when I'm shooting at them! Nothing compared to humans who juke and roll constantly.

thefruitbat
02-11-2010, 04:10 PM
although i agree with you that the ai could be better, its only when i fly online that i can sneak up on a fighter and blast them from dead six without a crazy manuver just before you get to convergance range.... fighter bombers, and bombers offline yes, but fighters offline lol.

in some ways online pilots are easier to shoot down than the offline ai...

jamesblonde1979
02-11-2010, 04:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thefruitbat:

in some ways online pilots are easier to shoot down than the offline ai... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true, online pilots make mistakes.

Ba5tard5word
02-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Different planes have totally different AI tendencies, like some Fw-190's will be absolute insane killers but then other models will be lazier and easier to deal with. LaGG-3's are very hard to shoot down because they make all kinds of insane looping movements when you are on their six. La-5's are very lazy in comparison.

In any case I would recommend the AI that is automatically in UP 2.0, it's very good. Planes on your side will be better than the stock AI, and the enemy AI will be more aggressive when attacking you but less ridiculous when you are on their six. I really prefer it to the stock AI which is boring because you'll tail them halfway across Europe as they constantly do barrel rolls and keep jinking right outside of your gunfire. In UP 2.0 they will do some rolling and be tricky to hit, but with less rolling than stock AI.