PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to Oleg and CrazyIvan1970

almarton2005
08-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Great Oleg and IL2 programmers!

First of all I would like to congratulate your game, I did not know how superb it was before I got to know it better.
At first , because I am a pilot in real life, I was looking at it with prejudice and skepticism but all went into pure
admiration and awe as soon as a got used with it. Its power of immersion and realism is more than impressive, it is
truly a milestone in computing - I do not agree with giving IL2 to real pilots of WWII to evaluate or comment, most
of those great folks (now very old people) are not used to computing and would get the same first wrong impression
as I had, and thus make injustice on their evaluation.

Well, Respectfully... (You more than deserve it's an awesome game!!!) let me present a humble but important
suggestions to enhance it. They are mostly simple ideas and suggestions that would be of much importance to
me and my friends. They seem to be easy to code/implement and would make a big difference in immersion gaming.

1) Having the ability to REARMING AND REFUELING the plane when landing on a carrier or friendly airbase. It could be
done through a menu like in BRIEF and after choosing options one desire it would resume to mission with an animation
(animated) of ground crew externally servicing the plane. The animation crew would be the only hard work on code, but
it would do to (with less glamour though) to only be able to access REARM/REFUEL menu and returning to mission armed
to fight again‚‚ā¨¬¶ and that as I understand could be made with very little coding.

Imagine the possibilities - IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!! Picture yourself taking off from a Carrier for a bombing mission
just to find fighters nearby your take off point. Then having to drop you ordnance to engage the fighters and after
downing them you still can land rearm/refuel and continue mission (as in real life). Or you can do multiple attacks
from a nearby target just landing and rearming‚‚ā¨¬¶

I think this it would be a MUST in a new patch or in BOB - and it is so simple to do (even more comparing to all the
possibilities already done in such a great game like IL2).

2) There is a minor bug concerning carrier plane taxing. I noticed that when the carrier is moving the
plane even if stopped (without chocks) skids many time felling into the water or hitting objects and
getting damaged. In real life on Carriers as you know there are a bunch of guys in the crew to help like
signal officers and other creatures of the like. They would help pilots with their taxing duties due to your
limited internal view - you can't see the edges very well! So I propose that after landed and stopped in a carrier,
in any point of it, one could hit a key on the keyboard and the plane would automatically go to take off
position. To make it better could have an animation crew (like the gunners are now) go to push by hand
the plane to the take off position - THAT WOULD BE REALLY GREAT!!!

3) Would be good to be able to attach cameras to moving objects (like bombs, rockets , planes). It would help us to improve
gunnery , dive bombing , etc.

4) Would be good to see the smoke of large fire of bombed areas or great downed planes (full of gasoline) to go up very high
(up to thousand meters like some large forest fires in real life) as well as to improve the bomb damage effect to landscape
like better impact holes (craters)

IL2 already is a milestone in game computing, but with such little ideas (many of them so easy to implement) the game would
be more immersive and realistic as well as fun to play.

Well and if not for the motives above , for not being accused by my friends of lack of argumentation let me tell you that if you implement these ideas besides our eternal gratitude and enhancing your own product, product satisfaction and thus (ever more) profit - I would be desesperated enough to offer you "any day any time" to be hosted free
of charge at my hotel in Porto Seguro - Brazil if you ever plan to travel here.
(see the site here http://www.barrasol.tur.br)
- It is not a joke! Can be funny but would be my pleasure, just contact if interested....

I think many of us loyal customers like me are sharing these ideas, so thanks in advance and please, please, please.

Alexandre Marton
BRAZIL
almarton@pbh.gov.br

almarton2005
08-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Great Oleg and IL2 programmers!

First of all I would like to congratulate your game, I did not know how superb it was before I got to know it better.
At first , because I am a pilot in real life, I was looking at it with prejudice and skepticism but all went into pure
admiration and awe as soon as a got used with it. Its power of immersion and realism is more than impressive, it is
truly a milestone in computing - I do not agree with giving IL2 to real pilots of WWII to evaluate or comment, most
of those great folks (now very old people) are not used to computing and would get the same first wrong impression
as I had, and thus make injustice on their evaluation.

Well, Respectfully... (You more than deserve it's an awesome game!!!) let me present a humble but important
suggestions to enhance it. They are mostly simple ideas and suggestions that would be of much importance to
me and my friends. They seem to be easy to code/implement and would make a big difference in immersion gaming.

1) Having the ability to REARMING AND REFUELING the plane when landing on a carrier or friendly airbase. It could be
done through a menu like in BRIEF and after choosing options one desire it would resume to mission with an animation
(animated) of ground crew externally servicing the plane. The animation crew would be the only hard work on code, but
it would do to (with less glamour though) to only be able to access REARM/REFUEL menu and returning to mission armed
to fight again‚‚ā¨¬¶ and that as I understand could be made with very little coding.

Imagine the possibilities - IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!! Picture yourself taking off from a Carrier for a bombing mission
just to find fighters nearby your take off point. Then having to drop you ordnance to engage the fighters and after
downing them you still can land rearm/refuel and continue mission (as in real life). Or you can do multiple attacks
from a nearby target just landing and rearming‚‚ā¨¬¶

I think this it would be a MUST in a new patch or in BOB - and it is so simple to do (even more comparing to all the
possibilities already done in such a great game like IL2).

2) There is a minor bug concerning carrier plane taxing. I noticed that when the carrier is moving the
plane even if stopped (without chocks) skids many time felling into the water or hitting objects and
getting damaged. In real life on Carriers as you know there are a bunch of guys in the crew to help like
signal officers and other creatures of the like. They would help pilots with their taxing duties due to your
limited internal view - you can't see the edges very well! So I propose that after landed and stopped in a carrier,
in any point of it, one could hit a key on the keyboard and the plane would automatically go to take off
position. To make it better could have an animation crew (like the gunners are now) go to push by hand
the plane to the take off position - THAT WOULD BE REALLY GREAT!!!

3) Would be good to be able to attach cameras to moving objects (like bombs, rockets , planes). It would help us to improve
gunnery , dive bombing , etc.

4) Would be good to see the smoke of large fire of bombed areas or great downed planes (full of gasoline) to go up very high
(up to thousand meters like some large forest fires in real life) as well as to improve the bomb damage effect to landscape
like better impact holes (craters)

IL2 already is a milestone in game computing, but with such little ideas (many of them so easy to implement) the game would
be more immersive and realistic as well as fun to play.

Well and if not for the motives above , for not being accused by my friends of lack of argumentation let me tell you that if you implement these ideas besides our eternal gratitude and enhancing your own product, product satisfaction and thus (ever more) profit - I would be desesperated enough to offer you "any day any time" to be hosted free
of charge at my hotel in Porto Seguro - Brazil if you ever plan to travel here.
(see the site here http://www.barrasol.tur.br)
- It is not a joke! Can be funny but would be my pleasure, just contact if interested....

I think many of us loyal customers like me are sharing these ideas, so thanks in advance and please, please, please.

Alexandre Marton
BRAZIL
almarton@pbh.gov.br

sgilewicz
08-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Some good ideas there! I really like the rearming option. I was flying a mission from the TLD addon last night in a P51 and my flight was tasked with destroying all parked aircraft on a Luftwaffe airfield. About 20 km from our base we got bounced by four 190s and I was forced to assign my second flight to intercept so my flight could high tail it to our target. Since the P51 is not the best mudmover, our objective was all the more difficult after losing the bombs from my second group. Sure would have been nice to order my entire flight to intercept, get rid of the bandits and then land , rearm and go after the original objective! Hopefully this will come about in the near future. Nice post!

Chivas
08-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Very good post. Rearming/refueling has been brought up a few times before and I'm always amazed at the number of people who dislike this option. The japanese lost the war because they decided to land and rearm their aircraft at Midway. Anyway it would be just and option that you could turn off if it was a problem.

Being able to adjust the turn around time would also be a cool option.

Also having the ability to change the distance objects and smoke would appear. It would be nice to not have so noticable a pop up of these objects. Depending on the power of your system.

VF-29_Sandman
08-19-2005, 03:48 PM
that would make sinking a japanese flattop so much easier with all that ammo on the deck, fuel lines all over the place. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Jetbuff
08-19-2005, 10:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by almarton2005:
gunnery , dive bombing , etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I vote for this one! Excellent, relatively simple and very utalitarian addition if implemented. The others, while welcome, are more fluff than substance so I'm not concerned either way.

Chivas
08-20-2005, 12:15 PM
I think your bomb camera is more fluffy and far less historical than rearming/refueling. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jetbuff
08-20-2005, 12:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chivas:
I think your bomb camera is more fluffy and far less historical than rearming/refueling. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Different strokes...

zimbower1
08-20-2005, 02:28 PM
It would be great to have aircraft trainers !
Game called Aces High have this option.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/Zimbower/do335.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/Zimbower/84dd612e.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/Zimbower/27847eb3.jpg

LEXX_Luthor
08-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Player shared cockpit Advanced Trainers would be useful for a small number of Online internet aces to play with each other....although in a Pay-to-Play system (Aces High??) advanced trainers would be a bonus "Fun Feature" that would fit with monthly payments.

The mass-success realistic sim of the future will offer historically relevant Flyable basic trainers -- not advanced trainers--and offer immersive training missiong available directly on the opening game menu.

Re-arm and Re-Fuel in World War 2...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
During the first days of November, the Romanian Henschel pilots practically saved the 24th Infantry Division, which was retreating followed closely by Soviet forces. They managed to fly about <span class="ev_code_yellow">15-16 missions per day each!</span> No other Romanian group made as many sorties in one day, as the 8th Assault Group did then. There was always a patrul„ (Romanian for Schwarm) in the air covering the infantrymen. Thus they managed to rescue the lives of more than 10,000 men. Five assault aircraft were lost, as were two pilots. The other three were rescued by their comrades.

http://www.worldwar2.ro/arr/g8as_04.JPG
Hs-129B2 on an airfield in Moldavia, summer 1944.

~ http://www.worldwar2.ro/arr/g8as.htm
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And, the days of November are very short. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

crazyivan1970
08-21-2005, 07:08 AM
All ideas are insteresting, but i doubt any of those will be implemented in FB\AEP\PF. But it is very possible that some of it willl be present in new line of sims.

Cheers!

Slater_51st
08-22-2005, 01:50 AM
Ya know what I think'd be cool in a sim? It'd require a bit better dynamic campaign than we have though. But, personally, I think it'd be sweet if each a/c in your squadron moved along in the campaign. I mean, like your squadron has say 20 birds, each bird's got a different number of course. Now, in the current campaign, who flies what bird is essentially random, but I think it'd be sweet if, once you arrived and a certain rank, like Lt. or something, you'd stick with the same plane and the AI pilots would follow the same. And, of course, the # of planes in your squadron would vary due to combat losses, or if modelable, mechanical troubles etc.

Pipe dream full of fluff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif But it'd be so nice to be able to actually develop some sort of attachment to an a/c in the game. You can do personal skins now, but, unless you constantly change the fuse #, you'll get called by a dif # when you're flying *sigh*

But seriously, to this post, good ideas, and THANKS OLEG!!!

S! Slate

Sturm_Williger
08-22-2005, 04:05 AM
A "land and refuel/rearm" would be great in BoB to add immersion - especially because we know they often did land and go straight back up.

It will be great to know what you're intercepting the second time.

Of course, it should take a certain amount of time, during which you would be vulnerable to vulching and/or the actual bomber attacks on the airfield.