PDA

View Full Version : New enemy carriers show up. Bug?

x__CRASH__x
11-19-2004, 07:23 PM
I just built a carrier map. I want the enemy carriers to show up on the pilot map in the game, but I can't get them to show up.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

fabianfred
11-19-2004, 07:47 PM
i think only friendly carriers will show on the pilots map...
try putting the new style static planes on a moving carrier, and they will show...

x__CRASH__x
11-19-2004, 07:49 PM
It's a DF map, so the carriers won't move.

What new style static planes?

fabianfred
11-19-2004, 07:55 PM
for those who wanted static planes on a carrier (not static carrier) there is a new (trial) feature in the patch where you put an a/c with only the t/o wp set to the carrier, but it must have zero fuel, no chute, no loadout....
just eye candy..... I sent in a bug report... as I think it will prevent AI a/c from landing... don't know if collision is on or off for them

not too familiar with DF...
static ships and a/c never did show on the map

x__CRASH__x
11-19-2004, 08:08 PM
I can put static aircraft under/inside the carrier, but that doesn't help.

fabianfred
11-20-2004, 05:55 AM
try and see if what I mentioned for the moving carriers will also work for a static one!!

Tully__
11-20-2004, 06:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
I can put static aircraft under/inside the carrier, but that doesn't help. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not exactly a feature, but rather a side effect that wasn't anticipated and is not guaranteed to continue working in future patches. Use moving aircraft, assign only a takeoff waypoint and set zero fuel. They prolly wont show in a DF map anyway coz they're "moving" objects.