PDA

View Full Version : assassins creed 2 vs brotherhood poll!

edzilla_551
01-10-2011, 02:00 AM
now guys i want your honest opinion on which ezio game is better http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Ass4ssin8me
01-10-2011, 04:11 AM
AC2. Better setting, area's and story. However, I loved the Desmond parts of ACB.

AssassinVenice
01-10-2011, 09:44 AM
AC2.
What opening can be better than one with your bro in the top of a church with a superb music that leaves everyone without words.
ACB was more like a DLC nothing else.

Andre_0112
01-10-2011, 09:52 AM
ACB.

Because i never played AC2. Lolz!

But AssassinFirenze is right it was one nice opening with yer bro

notafanboy
01-10-2011, 10:06 AM
acb was awesomesauce but acII felt like a true sequal

SolidSnakeMat
01-10-2011, 10:27 AM
I like both a lot. I chose ACB. Stop saying its a DLC its not a freaking DLC. Can't get through your head just because you play as Ezio again? Its Assassin's Creed Brotherhood not freaking Assassin's Creed 2 Brotherhood DLC

chizzy12
01-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Gameplay is better in brotherhood, but story was better in AC 2. I loved both though..

flyingeaglemile
01-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Voted AC2 but Ezio`s story actually has me interested in killing his enemies, in ACB I really couldn`t care less about the banker, french general or the others that I can`t remember.

Obreezy17
01-10-2011, 07:16 PM
I think AC2 was all around better, but I liked the Desmond parts in ACB a lot too, brehh

joaomuas
01-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Everyone keeps saying there is no better opening than AC2's. What about escaping the Vatican after defeating th Pope and entered the Vault, return to Monteriggioni, sleeping with Caterina Sforza and then escaping your own villa after getting shot in an awesome siege gameplay with horses, cannons and bloody swordfights and then going to Rome. Isn't it awesome?

germanosz
01-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by SolidSnakeMat:
I like both a lot. I chose ACB. Stop saying its a DLC its not a freaking DLC. Can't get through your head just because you play as Ezio again? Its Assassin's Creed Brotherhood not freaking Assassin's Creed 2 Brotherhood DLC
I think it's a DLC because the story disappointed me, being too short and not extremely important.
I'm not saying ACB isn't better than ACII, it has many great factors that didn't exist in ACII, but it just gives *me* the *feeling* that it looks more like a DLC. This is *my* point of view. Okay? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Voted AC2 but Ezio`s story actually has me interested in killing his enemies, in ACB I really couldn`t care less about the banker, french general or the others that I can`t remember.
I agree...

Everyone keeps saying there is no better opening than AC2's. What about escaping the Vatican after defeating th Pope and entered the Vault, return to Monteriggioni, sleeping with Caterina Sforza and then escaping your own villa after getting shot in an awesome siege gameplay with horses, cannons and bloody swordfights and then going to Rome. Isn't it awesome?
The first two parts are normal. I knew about Caterina already.
The attack could have been anticipated since Ezio left all the Borgias alive.
So there's nothing surprising in there.

Pat0307
01-16-2011, 11:41 AM
I voted ACB. I loved the settings in AB2, but honestly i couldnt care less if it was just Venice. It shoulda been set up like ACb where it was one big city with some spots to go outside the main city( may be hard for Venice though).

Also, the multiplayer is amazing, thats what really makes the game for me!

RebeccaLH
01-16-2011, 12:50 PM
AC2
you got to go to venice, florence and more but in ACB it was restricted to Rome.
I just liked the whole storyline of AC2 better but in ACB The desmond parts were good.

ElleCore
01-16-2011, 01:59 PM
I choose ACB cause you have smarter AI, more weapons, Rome, and something I always wanted: you can dye your cape http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Oronra1989
01-16-2011, 05:00 PM
All the little stuff like weaponry and clothes and upgrades and stuff in ACB was ok, and as it's been said the Desmond parts were brilliant.

For me AC2 is majorly more playable and interesting, the million-plus restrictions they throw at you in ACB is so aggrivating. And the story was rubbish, the end of ACB didn't make you care what the next one's going to be like, I nearly dropped off it was so tedious.

As for the combat in ACB it was so simplistic and pointless, if you really wanted to watch him being flash then make him a movie. The combat was the worst part of ACB, he must be the 'worst' assassin I've seen yet. Not to mention he goes round shooting everyone and his targets ignore it, I seriously snuck up on one of them and their bodyguard and he shot the guard and he didn't even flinch.

KrYpToNiC95
01-16-2011, 05:37 PM
AC2 really set the Renaissance setting, it felt as If Brotherhood was stretching the story too much. AC had more cities with different cultures and the different atmospheres between the different places diversified the game. AC felt like it had meaning because of the betrayal of Ezio's family. ACB had less people to kill and I really didn't understand why the Baron and Juan Borgia had anything to do with Ezio's betrayal. ACB also felt more rushed and the depth in knowing who your targets were was not quite there. The graphics were a touch down from AC2 but it wasn't anything really noticeable. I loved the combat system but it felt far too easy and I would love to see the AC1 combat system come back. Also the beginning of AC2 was fantastic with Frederico on top of the church, correct me If I'm wrong but Brotherhood does not have a heading that introduces the game. Another very poor feature was that only 3 dates featured in the last sequence of the game, in AC2 each sequence showed the year at which it was set. Why did Ezio lose leap climb ability, did he forget it after the villa attack? I would love to AC3 with a new era and protagonist it will be great.

LaCava1
01-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Andre_0112:
Because i never played AC2.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif play it right now. RIGHT NOW.

Lol, JK. (You should still play it, though) I picked AC2. It had Venice and Florance. And the Altair cameo.

RipYourSpineOut
01-16-2011, 07:33 PM
I love Brotherhood a lot, and the stuff they added was incredible, like the Recruits, but to be honest, I'm more of a man that's more intrigued by a games storyline than its gameplay. AC2 wowed me with its intriguing storyline and had me interested until the very end. Not to say that ACBs storyline wasn't good, but the sheer length and effort put into AC2s story makes me think that that was the best out of the two.

I still love ACB though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Razrback16
01-16-2011, 08:27 PM
AC2 gets my vote. I liked both a lot though. Desmond's story got way more interesting in ACB (minus the ending...which I HATED for obvious reasons).

obliviondoll
01-16-2011, 10:06 PM
If it was based entirely on single-player: I'd vote AC2.

Counting the awesome that is Brotehrhood MP, I vote ACB.

DraconicDak
01-16-2011, 10:55 PM
There's a difference?

ACB is the second half of AC2. It's a perfect fit, like swapping discs in the middle of a long game.

I do love the multiplayer in ACB, though.

Alpha Ender
01-17-2011, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
"I have seen what comes of those who raise themselves above others. Here, let me show you..."

Always loved that quote, just fyi.

Originally posted by AssassinFirenze:
AC2.
What opening can be better than one with your bro in the top of a church with a superb music that leaves everyone without words.
ACB was more like a DLC nothing else.

Absolutely agree. I got shivers playing through again on that part, and that rarely happens with orchestration of any sort.

As far as which I liked the best, I keeping it old school and still saying AC. The atmosphere, the way the crowd really reacted with you, the difficulty, the planning, the...everything. ACII was...not the same, really almost felt like an entire different focus to me, but the storyline made up for where I felt anything else lacked.

KonnecT
02-13-2011, 12:48 AM
I voted for AC2. Yes brotherhood has improved combat (making it easier, even though you cannot strafe and can counter almost everyone for a chain).

AC2 does everything better imo. The cities, story, free-running, progression of an Assassin, assassination missions (with choice and freedom), better looking outfits (armor of brutus really?), Assassination Contracts in which the target didn't know who you were within 100 meters, more detail to buildings, puncture wounds from stabs and squirting blood, Damp clothing coming out of the water, video's of targets to be assassinated instead of text, more guards attacking at once (I can do double kills but why the lack of guards?), flexible ways to use any group you hire, Ezio doesn't have to wear a dress the whole game...etc..

DavidPV86
02-13-2011, 04:44 PM
I like both games, though I sense "brotherhood" a little bit rushed, so lets see

Setting: Both are on the same age, but I choose ACII because I like its landmarks more, of course Castel Saint Angelo, the Colosseum and the Pantheon are beautiful, but I prefer those big venetian and florentine cathedrals more, also Monteriggioni owns Tiber island. Rome is such a gigantic city, but many places, mostly churches were either far too scaled and dully made, like Santa Maria Aracoeli or even IGNORED such as Saint Mary Major, which is the second most important basilica in Rome.

Gameplay: Even, I like Brotherhood, mostly because the "replay" option, Leonardo´s machines
and the apprentices, but I find ACII´ free roaming funnier and more diverse, which relies on the fact that Florence and Venice are better done than Rome.

Story: ACII and it is no even close, in II the developers really made want to kill those fat greedy templars, in Brotherhood the only one I cared about was Cesare. I understand their focus on the multiplayer, but overall, both plot and narration were weak, the only things I really enjoyed were the Desmond parts and the final Sequence, the Battle of Viana, which being honest, I consider it better than crashing the Sistine Chapel, which was too unclimatic, other than that, many side missions, but no solid plot!!!

Graphics: Both are basically the same, but as I said before, that details on Brotherhood landmarks tend to be rushed and unfinished, mostly the on churches, also I find Tuscanian countryside better than the Rome´s, so my vote goes to ACII

So, though I like Brotherhood, I think at the end, ubisoft was more concerned to introduce Multiplayer as fast as possible more than anything else, I hope this does not happen again in future installments.

gamertam
02-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I voted for AC2. it's an easy choice.

the_atm
02-15-2011, 05:12 AM
this question is a bit unfair because ac2 had a way deeper story yet on the other hand acb had better mechanics as far as combat and more to do after you where done the game. but i chose ac2