PDA

View Full Version : Extra effects of bombs

Inorganic9_2
12-24-2011, 12:08 PM
I have noticed that some of the bombs seems to have extra effects not mentioned in the in-game descriptions of bombs. These can be useful and may not be noticed at first. I wondered if there were any more I haven't spotted.

Blood bombs: don't just distract briefly in a fight. They can also make an enemy flee the fight in fear.

Coin bombs: don't just distract civilians. Civilians will grab guards like vigilantes if they get close (but how? Do they have to be in open conflict?)

Stink bombs: don't just repulse guards from one target. The guards who get into range of the smell will be highly distracted. Useful (I find) for a cherry bomb/tripwire stink bomb combo for luring guards away from areas/treasure chests.

Any more?

Saqaliba
12-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Coal dust amd shrapnel can be used as audio distraction like the sulphur. The also trigger off a tripwire bomb and take down scaffolds.

Phosporus works as a visual distraction just like the salt of petra and you can use phosphorus smoke bombs to plant a tripwire while hidden just as you can use the Romanis to plant a tripwire without being detected.

Saqaliba
12-25-2011, 01:42 AM
Some fun things to do with bomb crafting:

Set up a tripwire caltrop at the base of a lift and then drop a sticky sulfur distraction straight on the lift base. Situate yourself nearby and waith for the guards to explore the distraction. When they trip the caltrops they will be momentarily incapacitated under the weight bag of the lift. Now run staight at it and take a ride to the rooftops. When you look down your victims shall be satisfyingly crumpled under the rubble.