PDA

View Full Version : How to Determine what I need 3.03 or 3.03m

sdreagan
12-31-2004, 01:10 AM
How do I know what load I have... Standalone or Merged? I suspect that that was a choice at the autorun menu... unfortunately I get an error message and have to run setup directly. the error message states that the application failed and leaves this code (0xc0000005) whenever I insert the CD and wait for the autorun menu to appear... it never does. I suspect I have a standalone install but would prefer a merged install if it means I can access all theaters from the game main menu. Please help

sdreagan
12-31-2004, 01:10 AM
How do I know what load I have... Standalone or Merged? I suspect that that was a choice at the autorun menu... unfortunately I get an error message and have to run setup directly. the error message states that the application failed and leaves this code (0xc0000005) whenever I insert the CD and wait for the autorun menu to appear... it never does. I suspect I have a standalone install but would prefer a merged install if it means I can access all theaters from the game main menu. Please help

fordfan25
12-31-2004, 01:15 AM
to have a merged install you need not only PF but FB and AEP. if all you have is PF then you need patch 3.03 . as far as the error goes post in the comunity help forum and be sure to post your dxdiag. sounds though like you have that problem others have had were if you have a programe like CDclone it wont work.

sdreagan
12-31-2004, 01:44 AM
I have all IL2 games... I don't know what CDclone is... don't think I have that. Also not sure what -4 is...
Scott...

sdreagan
12-31-2004, 01:47 AM
I should also note that Pacific Fighters installed in a different Ubisoft directory... Not my choice ... it just did it that way. The directory was already there from some other UBI games I have. I'm wondering if that effected my install and prevented the merge from happening.
Scott...

fordfan25
12-31-2004, 01:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sdreagan:
I have all IL2 games... I don't know what CDclone is... don't think I have that. Also not sure what -4 is...
Scott... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol -4 is my sig man.

fordfan25
12-31-2004, 01:49 AM
post this also in help forum. wish i could help you more

sdreagan
12-31-2004, 01:52 AM
Also... my system is very fast... with tons of memmory and great video card XT9800 (256). I have a tons of programs ... games and other applications on my hard drives. Trackir as well.
Scott... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Wilburnator
12-31-2004, 11:50 AM
It's simple... if you have no German or Russian aircraft in your game, you didn't do a merged installation. You must CHOOSE the merged installation option when you install PF.

If you chose to create a desktop shortcut, it should read "PF+FB+AEP.

I hope this clears things up a little for you.