PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain Campaign?

SpitfireSeafire
07-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Could anyone recommend a good Battle of Britain campaign, that includes spitfires, fighter vs. fighter and interception action?

SpitfireSeafire
07-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Could anyone recommend a good Battle of Britain campaign, that includes spitfires, fighter vs. fighter and interception action?

FritzGryphon
07-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Haven't seen any myself. Keep in mind that there's no Spit MKI, so you'd be stuck with the Hurri in a BoB campaign.

SpitfireSeafire
07-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Are there any campaigns that you know of that have spits?

p.s. Can you have missions in the desert, or does the game just not have any desert maps?

Chuck_Older
07-12-2005, 07:34 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Like Gryphon said- We cannot make a realistic Battle of Britain sceanrio like you want with the planes we have- the Spitfires we need are missing; Mk V wasn't in service yet in 1940

If you consider that Spitfires were not the most numerous RAF fighter (by far!) in the Battle of Britain, it is entirely plausible to make a Battle of Britain mission or campaign using the aircraft we have that was the most important RAF fighter in the Battle of Britain- the Hurricane

It is common misconception that Spitfires got the job done alone. In fact, while they certainly did their share, the Battle would have been lost if all the RAf had was Spits- the Hurri rearmed, refueld, and replenished oxygen far quicker than the Spit, something like 11 minutes for the Hurri and 26 for the Spit- the RAF could have been defeated on the ground. the Hurricane was much more responsible for the RAF's success in the Battle. Even German pilots would not acknowledge a Hurricane shot them done after it happened. They would say a Spitfire did it. It was called "Spitfire Snobbery"

All in all, I wish we had a Spit Mk I myself, but we don't

Extreme_One and Poymando made a great campaign called the Battle Over Britain, which I highly recommend- you fly Hurricanes for the RAf during the Battle of France and the Battle of Britain

VW-IceFire
07-12-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm working on the preliminaries of a Spitfire campaign flying the Mark IXc with RCAF No.401 squadron during the D-Day landings. But don't count on it being ready any time soon...

PlimPlam
07-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Correct me if Im wrong here but didnt simon1- or one of the other big campaighn makers- actually make a bob campaighn already?

But ya the spit mk1 would be nice.

scratches head. could of sworn i remember someone made a bob campaighn though.

TSmoke
07-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Just my 2 cents here if you want a Spitfire Campaign have you gone to airwarfare.com ?

Leaning forward into france is an alright one for spits. Personally I don't go any where else to d/l campaigns. Been dissapointed to many times by other sites, most of the campaigns aren't up to the same standards as the ones on airwarfare IMO. There are exceptions of course.

Like I said just my 2 cents is all.

vocatx
07-13-2005, 06:50 AM
PlimPlam, I believe you are thinking of Extreme_One's and Poymondo's "Battle Over Britian". It is a very good campaign;very well done, lots of detail, and a few surprises thrown in, but it features the Hurricane, not the Spitfire.

Chuck_Older
07-13-2005, 07:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlimPlam:
Correct me if Im wrong here but didnt simon1- or one of the other big campaighn makers- actually make a bob campaighn already?

scratches head. could of sworn i remember someone made a bob campaighn though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should have read my post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Extreme_One and Poymando made a great campaign called the Battle Over Britain, which I highly recommend- you fly Hurricanes for the RAf during the Battle of France and the Battle of Britain"

fabianfred
07-22-2005, 02:59 PM
I have a couple at Airwarfare.com...

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_campaigns_loon.htm

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif 'loon'

3.JG51_BigBear
07-22-2005, 09:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlimPlam:

scratches head. could of sworn i remember someone made a bob campaighn though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should have read my post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Extreme_One and Poymando made a great campaign called the Battle Over Britain, which I highly recommend- you fly Hurricanes for the RAf during the Battle of France and the Battle of Britain" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Highly recommend that campaign. I can't stand flying the Hurricane and I still found myself eager to move from mission to mission.