PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Take Offs

visible_damage
12-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi guys n gals
A multiple question post I'm afraid....

1. Carrier take offs are a bit tricky aren't they, I've manged it a couple of times and I'm still practicing so any tips would be a great help
2. Would a new joystick be of any help ? I've got an old MS force feedback and it's getting a bit slack and some of the buttons are getting "non responsive" if you know what I mean.

3. I was pondering the thought of getting the saitek X-52, is this a good stick ?

4. If you don't agree with my choice any recommendations for a stick in that price bracket (75) or lower ?
Thanks

visible_damage
12-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi guys n gals
A multiple question post I'm afraid....

1. Carrier take offs are a bit tricky aren't they, I've manged it a couple of times and I'm still practicing so any tips would be a great help
2. Would a new joystick be of any help ? I've got an old MS force feedback and it's getting a bit slack and some of the buttons are getting "non responsive" if you know what I mean.

3. I was pondering the thought of getting the saitek X-52, is this a good stick ?

4. If you don't agree with my choice any recommendations for a stick in that price bracket (75) or lower ?
Thanks

J_Weaver
12-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Since 3.03 carrier takeoffs have become harder. I'm not sure but some said that the carrier takeoff training missions for the F4U and F6F are near impossible. Try using 25 or 50% fuel instead of 100%. Sometimes it helps to hit full flaps just before the end of the deck. Pratice, Pratice, Pratice is the best thing.

As for a new joystick, well I don't know. But I have a Saitek X45 and love it. It makes the game easier because you can map most of the most important controls to the stick or throttle. Thus making it easier to look around, hit flaps when needed, user rudder, etc. It also makes it more immersive IMO. for many of the same reasons. The X52 looks good too, but I don't know much about it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

visible_damage
12-29-2004, 04:37 PM
thanks for your reply
The x45 I had a while ago but it didn't work properly for most of the games I was running at the time, it went for fs2000 or whatever it was then but nothing else would work. The two look similar and I was impressed at what I could do with it on fs2000. I pm'd a guy who left a profile for the x52 in a previous post, as a user he would know but your input on the x45 is appreciated and starts to sway my joystickometer in favour of a purchese ! thanks for your advice