PDA

View Full Version : Been Gone 4-months.....Is it any better?

one.zero
08-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone...it's me again. I left the forum four months ago in a total disgust mode over the piss poor release condition of the game.

So, how are things today? Improved? How many patches and mods? Can I update my SHIII from ground zero to the most recent patch without having to add everthing in between?

Share your happiness or frustrations with me....Im interested in what the developers have been doing all this time.

one.zero
08-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone...it's me again. I left the forum four months ago in a total disgust mode over the piss poor release condition of the game.

So, how are things today? Improved? How many patches and mods? Can I update my SHIII from ground zero to the most recent patch without having to add everthing in between?

Share your happiness or frustrations with me....Im interested in what the developers have been doing all this time.

gabriel_cd
08-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Much better and yes, you can go straight to 1.4.

viciii3
08-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Well, I don't have the "advantage" that you and Gabriel have of having tried SH3 upon release...I've only been fighting with it 5 days. If this is "better" then I would really HATE to see what the release was like!

AFAIC I'm giving SH3 until 8/14 to get "better"...and then I'm selling it on Ebay to recover at least some of the $40 I have, apparently, thrown away.

bogusheadbox
08-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Get patched to 1.4.

Get the reel Uboat mod.

Then you will have a good time.

Like i have said before. Its a shame that the community mods can easily do the work that UBI was supposed to.
But alas. Its costs UBI less this way.

The game is good now. Still some issues. but very enjoyable.

GT182
08-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Beery's Sub Commander mod is a good one to install also. But before you install any mods, get and install the JSGME mod installer. Then it's simple to install and remove mods.

Flakwalker
08-05-2005, 10:21 AM
As listed above, plus add an uniform, flag and flotilla mods and it will be 0km