PDA

View Full Version : disable inflight messages

Fire4Effect
06-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Hello, I've been getting into taking screenshots of the FBM's that I've been making. However, the massive amounts of inflight messaging that's going on between the AI isn't working with taking screenies. So does anyone here know how to disable inflight messages from appearing in game?? There's nothing in the option menus or control menus. Also when I make the AI fly under "radio silence" they don't stay silent for very long. Thanks

Fire4Effect
06-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Hello, I've been getting into taking screenshots of the FBM's that I've been making. However, the massive amounts of inflight messaging that's going on between the AI isn't working with taking screenies. So does anyone here know how to disable inflight messages from appearing in game?? There's nothing in the option menus or control menus. Also when I make the AI fly under "radio silence" they don't stay silent for very long. Thanks

jessi1
06-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Go to your config file and look for the line that says something like chatter= or hud chatter= or something like that, im at work so i cant help you too much, change them to 0 and there will be no more display of chatter, sorry but someone will come along and give you the right advice, its there in the config for sure, sit tight you will be helped soon.

major_setback
06-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Also you could try saving the track, then turning 'messages' off during playback. In playback can also change your view to any external. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif You can increase your visual settings just for playback, as real-time calculations don't have to be made. Slow the playback down if your system has difficulty with the higher visual settings (visibility, landscape, object detail, object lighting etc). Note that if you set visibility to the second-best setting it can sometimes look better than the highest setting, as it's slightly fuzzy, and therefore less 'jagged'.

Fire4Effect
06-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks guys for the replies! Jessi1 I know what you mean, right after I posted I went into config on a hunch that something would be there about inflight chat, sure enough there are a couple of lines that mention that. Thanks.

Major_setback, a question about recording tracks. I've never messed around with that before so I'd figure asking you first would save some time. Okay, so one of the FMBs that I'm doing is pretty massive in scale in terms of number of planes that are flying at one time. It's a bomber raid with ALOT of AAA and Flak and my FPS tends to take a massive hit when the bombers enter the target area. So my question is, will the FPS lag show up on the recorded track? Or will it the track play fine, even though it didn't in game? Thanks again for the help guys!

major_setback
06-04-2005, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fire4Effect:

Major_setback, a question about recording tracks...
... So my question is, will the FPS lag show up on the recorded track? Or will it the track play fine, even though it didn't in game? Thanks again for the help guys! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly I'm no expert on this subject; 'just trying to help you out. Maybe someone else can give you more comprehensive advice.

I don't know if FPS-lags show up in 'Tracks'.

In order to get the best quality for your track you might try RECORDING it at quarter speed. This should ease the load off your system. You can always speed it up later.
Note that you can also increase your screen resolution for playback only! For this I set the highest possible (in-game) screen resolution for track playback (I do this in 'setup') while leaving my MONITOR resolution at 1024x768 pixels. The resulting screenshots will be of the 'higher' resolution.

Also for the best screenshots I turn on anti-aliasing and maybe also anisotropic filtering (I can do this in my graphics-card setup) during track playback.

I have a suspicion that tracks are recorded more accurately if you use 'Quick start/ save track'. For this assign a key (in 'controls) to the command 'Quick start/ save track', and use this to start recording. Tracks recorded this way are saved in the (.ntrk) format.
If you instead record a track using 'Save track' after you have run a mission, it will be recorded in a different format (.trk).

I have noticed that .trk tracks (I think) are unstable, sometimes they play differently to how they were recorded (tracks can also change from one day to another, with aircraft flying in the wrong direction).
Also I think I read somewhere that .trk tracks become unplayable when a new patch is installed whereas .ntrk tracks are always playable!

I have several excellent tracks that I no longer can play, so beware!

I hope this helps!

major_setback