PDA

View Full Version : New ..

SupaX
08-27-2010, 07:29 PM
as seen in the new 7 min video of the gc demo

The blood when you kill guards

what do you guys think of it? Hope it doesn't change like in AC2 like the blood liked liquidly
but changed.

SupaX
08-27-2010, 07:29 PM
as seen in the new 7 min video of the gc demo

The blood when you kill guards

what do you guys think of it? Hope it doesn't change like in AC2 like the blood liked liquidly
but changed.

EzioAssassin51
08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
I don;t get your last line, but i like how they added a bit more blood getting on Ezio's Robes and hands

EmperorxZurg
08-27-2010, 08:06 PM
he means he hopes the blood doesn't look so much like a liquid, but that it changed and has more texture to it.

JonnyQuickShot
08-27-2010, 08:24 PM
You can't be sure this will be the permanent look of blood. This is rather early on in video previews...

phil.llllll
08-27-2010, 08:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
The blood in AC2 was much better than in AC1. I don't think we can rely to much on this early of trailers. A lot can change in a couple of months.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The blood in AC2 was a horrible looking sprite based effect that literally shot out at times in a linear stream and looked quite bad if viewed at the wrong angle (similar to red strips of paper flying out of someone). The blood effect in AC1 was a nice particle effect that had none of the horrible looking 2d attributes of the latter and was more subtle as well. To each their own.

NuclearFuss
08-28-2010, 08:47 AM
AC Brotherhood needs dismemberment!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

SBRedFlag
08-28-2010, 08:56 AM
I think what the OP was saying was that in the earlier demos of AC2, the blood looked amazingly realistic and liquidy, while in the final game, it was what phil.lllll just described.

SupaX
08-28-2010, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
I think what the OP was saying was that in the earlier demos of AC2, the blood looked amazingly realistic and liquidy, while in the final game, it was what phil.lllll just described. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes that is what i was trying to say thanks!!!

AnthonyA85
08-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Hm, I think the blood does need to be a little thicker/darker. Aspyr Media's first game, Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel without a pulse (really funny game!) had an excellent particle-based system for blood, it even remained on surfaces (walls and floors), it also had a descent dismemberment engine (it used the same engine Halo used).

Of course, blood isn't as important in AC, since we're traing a band of Assassins, not raising and leading a horde of brain-eating zombies. :P So there's not going to be as much, but the system in ACB should be particle-based i think, it did look kinda better in AC1.

tyrce111
08-28-2010, 10:51 AM
I think they should add a new touch of realism and make the blood stain ezio unroll he goes into the water or the animus skips the story ahead, suggesting that he had washed his robes...

hewkii9
08-28-2010, 11:05 AM
I quite liked that according to Ezio's memories, he would occasionally create fountains of blood. Really summed up his character. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Of course I'd love if the blood effects were improved - it looked especially stupid in one cutscene with Lorenzo, where there's always a perfect circle of blood.

Ru1986
08-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Small things cause mass effect http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

the_Vica
08-28-2010, 05:48 PM
I thought it was pretty awesome in AC2 when, after you've assassinated some dudes, Ezio's robes would be covered in blood. What sucked it how quickly it disappeared, though...

Caligula__
08-28-2010, 07:35 PM
can you please post a link? my computer's really lagging atm and I can't search on youtube, can only look thru links http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thankyou