PDA

View Full Version : should there be bonus weapon like a katana in brotherhood

SAZUN0
08-15-2010, 10:22 AM
katana in brotherhood?

SlimeDynamiteD
08-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Why would you want a Katana if you got a Dagger?

BK-110
08-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Actually, if you look closely at the end of the E3 cinematic trailer, you will see that one of the Assassins, the leftmost if I remember correctly, is wielding a katana.

SAZUN0
08-15-2010, 12:34 PM
well i think it would be cool just for a sword http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

ChaosxNetwork
08-15-2010, 12:39 PM
First your poll is biased towards it being good idea. I think it is not a good idea as a katana is just another sword and nothing that special and it is also from a later time period so...

Murcuseo
08-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by BK-110:
Actually, if you look closely at the end of the E3 cinematic trailer, you will see that one of the Assassins, the leftmost if I remember correctly, is wielding a katana.

I actually had this conversation with someone on here already, I think it was with UchihaKarasu but I can't be sure. Anyway, I was told that the blade you mentioned is not actually a Katana but something very similar. Again you'd have to speak to the source of said info but I believe it was a reliable one lol

Personally I hope at the end of each Tomb in AC:B there will be unique weapons and armour upgrades. Altairs armour was nice but they've run the seals idea into the ground already... and having chests with coin in them was a bit pointless!

SupremeCaptain
08-15-2010, 01:27 PM
I agree with Robson. Give us a unique weapon in the tombs.

PhonicPIE
08-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
I agree with Robson. Give us a unique weapon in the tombs.
Like how each assassin that had a seal had a special weapon that you can see on the seal. You should get their weapon from inside their tomb at the end

Murcuseo
08-15-2010, 01:51 PM
I was also hoping there would be some kind of wear and tear system to the weapons. Much like armour in ACII. The more you use and abuse them the more they would need to be repaired,sharpened or counter weights added to rebalance them. Also the stats would decrease if they remained unrepaired for to long, plus there could be a chance of it breaking altogether and if it was a unique weapon you would lose it.

That's a just a daft feature I would like added, can't imagine it would be a popular idea.

'Aaahhh! My nice unique sword just fell apart*cry**moan**winge**opensthreadonubisoftforums tocomplainandaskforapatch*' etc etc

BK-110
08-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:

I actually had this conversation with someone on here already, I think it was with UchihaKarasu but I can't be sure. Anyway, I was told that the blade you mentioned is not actually a Katana but something very similar. Again you'd have to speak to the source of said info but I believe it was a reliable one lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems to have the length and curve as well as a typical tsuba and tsuka. From what I can see it looks perfectly like a katana. Considering when the katana originated, it may have found its way to the Assassins.

But yeah, I might be wrong and it could be something else...

EDIT: Seems I actually started that conversation back then. Here's a quote from that thread:

Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
Interesting, the leftmost of the Assassins has a sword that looks quite a damn lot like a katana...

EDIT: The curve and thickness seems to be exactly that of a katana and it's got a pretty damn typical tsuba. If that's a Japanese sword, where the hell did he get it. o_o

I noticed that aswell, surely they would of had some trade routes open by that time... maybe UchihaKarasu would know.

She is a Renaissance Fanatic after all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait what?
You called?

*ahem*
The sword's blade does share a great resemblance to a katana, and the the distinctive shape of the guard is definitely that of a tsuba, I honestly haven't heard much about Katanas appearing in Renaissance Italy, but this was also a time of mass trade between Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. And the Assassins probably have their connections, so its highly possible that they could be able to get their hands on such a weapon.
Lesson over!

Also, was anyone else fascinated with Cesare's hair in the trailer? It looked so realistic and swayed so nicely XD

He was also kind of attractive *COUGH* What? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PhiIs1618033
08-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't think a katana would really fit. I mean, the game is all about this Italian feeling (believe it or not, but quite a bit of everything that's said is Italian) and I think a katana (commonly associated with samurai and the like) would be redundant in comparison to a normal sword. If it were to be something alike to the sword of Altair, it would be okay with me.

primerib69
08-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Probably wasn't a katana. Maybe a rapier or some skinny sword like that. But like, the katana is from japan? And we are in Rome? So...doesn't seem like it would fit very well. I mean, if it's like a bonus unlockable, then what the tartarus. It's a bonus, and an extra weapon to kill dudes with. Ain't nothing wrong with that. As long as it's not a b1tch to get, I see nothing wrong with that.

X10J
08-15-2010, 05:38 PM
I was thinking it looked like a wakizashi or maybe a ninjata?

As far as an ingame katana, got to go with no. A katana is a two handed weapon(pretty shore), while Ezio wields his swords with one hand.

bokeef04
08-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by X10J:
I was thinking it looked like a wakizashi or maybe a ninjata?

As far as an ingame katana, got to go with no. A katana is a two handed weapon(pretty shore), while Ezio wields his swords with one hand.

katana can be weilded with one hand, Miyamoto was the founder of the Hy?h? Niten Ichi-ry? or Niten-ry? style of swordsmanship

a katana is generally a two handed weapon, but some instances one hand is used, e.g a push cut is used in confined spaces and involves using one hand or your body on the back of the blade to add power to the strike

X10J
08-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Yea, but it just doesn't feel right when I picture it in my mind.

Post Script: Book of Five Rings is pretty sweat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EzioAssassin51
08-16-2010, 12:59 AM
I guess a lot of people really want AC in Japan, so why not give them a Japanese sword?

Besides, i could not agree more with Robson! I think there should be some swords and stuff for both you and the Brotherhood at the end of tombs.

Maybe each weapon you unlock/buy can also be used by the Brotherhood, along with there being exclusive weapons for the Bros, like the Bow and Arrow!

A cool weapon at the end of the Colosseum would be a Gladiators sword! And maybe here could be sort of a massive/big/main tomb that has Altair's Short Sword in it! That would be awesome!!

PhiIs1618033
08-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
I guess a lot of people really want AC in Japan, so why not give them a Japanese sword?

AC in Japan isn't about the swords, my friend. It's about the culture, the atmosphere, that kind of stuff. (At least for me. I imagine there are people who want to have it there just because of the ninja's and samurai)

A cool weapon at the end of the Colosseum would be a Gladiators sword! And maybe here could be sort of a massive/big/main tomb that has Altair's Short Sword in it! That would be awesome!!
Yeah, the Gladiator's sword is a very good idea! I'm not too sure on Altair's short sword, though.

Lexxbomb
08-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
AC in Japan isn't about the swords, my friend. It's about the culture, the atmosphere, that kind of stuff. (At least for me. I imagine there are people who want to have it there just because of the ninja's and samurai)

one word
botosai

Grand_Arcanum
08-16-2010, 11:29 AM
A bonus weapon would be nice, but if it's a katana, I'm not using it. I've had my fill of anime, manga, and all sorts of thing Japanese (not that I don't like them, but variety is the spice of life). Now the Sword of Eden would be hella sweet!

primerib69
08-16-2010, 10:48 PM
I like the idea of a terra cotta tomb. But the catch is, the tomb is ****ing hard as a sack of balls. Once you get to the end, you get that shogun samurai armor and also a katana. Not sure why there would be a terra cotta tomb in Italy, but they could make it DLC.

EzioAssassin51
08-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't mean AC in Japan was all about Swords, i just meant if they want it in Japan, at least gie them something to do with Japan.

primerib69
08-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Kobe beef, tempura, sushi, sashimi, UNI, SAKE!!!!!!!! cant forget the sake.

Personally, I think the whole AC in Japan idea is basically Tenchu/Ninja Gaiden. But if they make it DLC, id be happy to buy it. Aint nothing wrong with more play time, trophies, equipment, and ***-kicking/stabbing

EzioAssassin51
08-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by primerib69:
Personally, I think the whole AC in Japan idea is basically Tenchu/Ninja Gaiden. But if they make it DLC, id be happy to buy it. Aint nothing wrong with more play time, trophies, equipment, and ***-kicking/stabbing

...ORR...

Make the sword a DLC!

primerib69
08-17-2010, 12:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by primerib69:

...ORR...

Make the sword a DLC! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nahhhhhhh. make the tempura dlc. hardcore tempura vs. rifle battles. them assassins go hard.

PhiIs1618033
08-17-2010, 05:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't mean AC in Japan was all about Swords, i just meant if they want it in Japan, at least gie them something to do with Japan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd like to infiltrate the emperor's palace and then kill him. I don't need a katana to do that.

Ninja Gaiden has very little to do with AC, because Ninja Gaiden is a hack 'n' slash game and AC is supposed not to be. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

XxSYD3WINDERxX
08-17-2010, 10:49 AM
A good special weapon would be a chainsaw and you fire it out of a portable cannon at people.

SlimeDynamiteD
08-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by jmattbacon:
A good special weapon would be a chainsaw and you fire it out of a portable cannon at people.

Uhu ya, if you want to f*** up the game, sure.

XxSYD3WINDERxX
08-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jmattbacon:

Uhu ya, if you want to f*** up the game, sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or you could have a whistle that you blow and that giant squid in one of the Assassin's Tombs comes out of a drain and sucks them down and goes ah-nom-nom-nom-nom-nom.

SlimeDynamiteD
08-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Sounds even better http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

XxSYD3WINDERxX
08-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:

I know. Ubisoft (their fourum's dictionary doesn't recognise their own company (lol) it says it's an error) really ought to hire me.

I have just had another great idea!

What if - you can have a sword?
With a Great White Shark on the end?
Itself, wielding a sword?
On fire?

EzioAssassin51
08-18-2010, 05:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:

I know. Ubisoft (their fourum's dictionary doesn't recognise their own company (lol) it says it's an error) really ought to hire me.

I have just had another great idea!

What if - you can have a sword?
With a Great White Shark on the end?
Itself, wielding a sword?
On fire? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now you're taking it too far http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

X10J
08-18-2010, 07:22 PM

Ah yes, the hidden chainsaw launcher, the last word in subtlety.

Gladiators also used tridents maybe that for their reward. We know you can now keep large weapons.

thekyle0
08-18-2010, 07:57 PM
The majority of fighting moves in the game don't fit with the way a katana is meant to be used at all. Implementing it would feel shallow and gimmicky.