PDA

View Full Version : Hey Question about MSFFB2 and X45

Raptor_20thFG
12-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Hey Guys and gals I am trying to set up to use my rudder on my X45 as my flaps put it in the Hotas section but it did not work any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Bearcat99
12-25-2004, 12:12 PM
You will have to us the profiling software. Set up the rudder as a switch with a dead zone in the middle. Assign one side to the F command and one to the V command (or whatever you have assigned for flaps).

Raptor_20thFG
12-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Thanks Bear I appreciate the quick reply now I did just get the software today. Do I assign as a switch by splitting the bands evenly. Or How do I do that

Raptor_20thFG
12-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Also here is another noob question Bear or anybody I want to keep the profiler but I dont want the throttle to mess with My Internet settings what do I not need to install\

Thanks Again

T_O_A_D
12-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Go download adlabs profile http://www.geocities.com/adlabs6/B/ then look it over I for one learn faster with an example to look at. I'm at work or I would send ya mine to look at. As far as your Internet settings, I'm confused to what your implying. Mine doesn't effect them at all.

Raptor_20thFG
12-25-2004, 01:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T_O_A_D:
Go download adlabs profile http://www.geocities.com/adlabs6/B/ then look it over I for one learn faster with an example to look at. I'm at work or I would send ya mine to look at. As far as your Internet settings, I'm confused to what your implying. Mine doesn't effect them at all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For some reason when I installed Magic keyboard and Mouse it messes with my Internet settings like when I touched the throttle My Nortan popped up it was weird

T_O_A_D
12-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Its only a guess but do you have some other keyboard profiler running for some fancy keyboard with quick buttons on it. If so turn it off, and try it.

Raptor_20thFG
12-25-2004, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T_O_A_D:
Its only a guess but do you have some other keyboard profiler running for some fancy keyboard with quick buttons on it. If so turn it off, and try it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ill check it but I dont think so

Thanks for your help toad.

T_O_A_D
12-25-2004, 01:36 PM
The only other thing is you may have some setting already asigned to the auxilary switch. It sends a constant keystroke of what ever it is programed to. With the profiler off turn on notepad then turn on profiler and see if it types something. Hopefully its not typing a F1 or something you can't see.

It does only mess with things if a profile is truned on right?

Raptor_20thFG
12-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Well I fixed that problem Uninstalled the software and reinstalled fixed that

T_O_A_D
12-25-2004, 02:26 PM
good http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Bearcat99
12-25-2004, 02:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor_20thFG:
Thanks Bear I appreciate the quick reply now I did just get the software today. Do I assign as a switch by splitting the bands evenly. Or How do I do that <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I split mine evenly. Just make sure you set the extreme L & R bands for press and release. Toad has a good suggestion.

Raptor_20thFG
12-25-2004, 03:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raptor_20thFG:
Thanks Bear I appreciate the quick reply now I did just get the software today. Do I assign as a switch by splitting the bands evenly. Or How do I do that <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I split mine evenly. Just make sure you set the extreme L & R bands for press and release. Toad has a good suggestion.[/QUOT
Okay thanks again guys one fianl thing when I program that after I split my bands how do i make it press and release sorry if this is a noob question but i am not used to this thing yet

Thanks

Bearcat99
12-25-2004, 05:08 PM
I forgot and since I dont have my main PC I am at a bit of a loss.... hiowever if you are running an MSFFB2/CH Pedals/X45 set up then go to our squad site and go to the downloads page... there you can get my stick profile which is a combo profile. Read the readme though.

Tully__
12-25-2004, 06:00 PM
To set up keyboard flap control on the rudder rocker, split it in three even bands. Leave the centre band blank (no assignment).

To assign to press or release only, right click the band you wish to assign and select "New Advanced Command". This brings up a little pop up that you can use to assign or delete key press and key release events to the joystick band "press" and "release" events. You can also ajust the timing on multiple key strokes. For more detail refer to the "Advanced command" section of the X-45 documentation.

Raptor_20thFG
12-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Okay guys this thing is kicking my butt. I am at a complete loss. And I cant find a guide to show me how to do things. Now here is my other problem when I make my rudder rocker a key press like F and V it starts typing on my screen any help guys I am losing my mind

Raptor