PDA

View Full Version : I€m being mistreated at the Academy€¦.Help!

Xavier6162
04-20-2005, 10:50 AM
I€m having a problem at the Academy. I guess they don€t like me there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif. I have all the requirements to run the program. My computer is a 2 moth old Dimension 8400, 3.60GHz, 1MB SDRAM, etc, etc€¦€¦(like I really know what all this means). All the parts are there, and then some. In fact, when I loaded the game, internet explore opened (after firewall€s permission) to UBI€s website where the wizard downloads the patches. Wow that was convenient€¦and easy.

My problem at the Academy. Navigation phase: I can€t get the game to end. I follow all the radio instructions. I complete all the missions. I get notifications that all missions are complete and all I need to do is surface to end the game. Well€¦I surface and nothing. Half hour later and in the middle of the ocean and completely out of the channel, nothing. If I hit the escape key I get that summary screen showing the missions completed, crew status before start and at end of game , yadda yadda, etc, etc. There is an option to continue or return to base. If I return to base, I get an unsatisfactory grade. If I return to the game, I just troll around the oceans waiting for the world to end.

So what am I doing wrong, or what have I not done?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

AW3rdUp
04-20-2005, 10:58 AM
I had the same problem (as have a few friends). I think the last pass thru that mission, I ignored the msg to "surface" and awaited a radio msg instead. Once the radio msg came instructing me to return to base, I surfaced and hit the "return to base" option.

But yeah, it's kinda buggy that one.

kSetuni
04-20-2005, 11:00 AM
use your M key to check and read the radio messages. You need to compelte various stages at a specific speed setting, or submerged. Simply going with what you see using the F8 key wont get it done.

dquock
04-20-2005, 12:47 PM
It's also possible that you're running the navigation on "practice mode". Make sure, when you first start the academy mission, you click on the "Exam Mode" button.

Hope it helps!

smokincrater
04-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Know come on admit it you`ve been to Duntroon miliatry academy too!