PDA

View Full Version : No kill

skimbo
08-18-2006, 03:23 AM
Lo all

Playing using grey wolves mod and sunk a medium cargo last night. Watched it sink (veeerrrry sllooowlly) through the periscope yet I didn't get kill credit in my patrol.

Anyone else have this or know a way to make sure you get the credit?

Cheers!

Skimbo

skimbo
08-18-2006, 03:23 AM
Lo all

Playing using grey wolves mod and sunk a medium cargo last night. Watched it sink (veeerrrry sllooowlly) through the periscope yet I didn't get kill credit in my patrol.

Anyone else have this or know a way to make sure you get the credit?

Cheers!

Skimbo

Ali_109
08-18-2006, 05:13 AM
Did it show up in your log?

skimbo
08-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Nope!

Not a damn thing. But I did get a credit for a large cargo I torpedoed with 1 shot from the same convoy.

Wierd.

wm4668
09-19-2006, 01:36 AM
I had the same problem with an evarts destroyer and a hunt iii when attacking a convoy. Don't know why, as on the same attack a Flower went down after 5 minutes out of view and registered on the log....

Fish40
09-19-2006, 05:01 AM
Had kinda the same problem last night. Hit a C2 in a convoy, sunk very slowly. My officer confirmed "She's going down", but never saw the sunk ship icon on the map. At least I got credit for the kill in my log. Also useing GW.

GoldenEagle8
09-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I once blew the **** out of a flower corvett, and I was right there and while it sank, game didnt even know it sank, lol, thought it lived.

hueywolf123
09-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Yep, last night I hit a tramp steamer. It took three fish as the first two were duds.
The command screen at the bottom said ship lost and gave a position. So I checked my log right away and it wasn't there. I surfaced and pumped about 1 dozen shells into him until I got the line 'She's going down', then I rechecked my log and there it was.
The moral is, even if you are told something, check and double check. Hang around until it has blown up completely or is mentioned in your log (press K on your keyboard).
Don't take anything for granted, and complete the attack quickly, as they may have friends in the area. Be especially aware of this at night