PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the ACIII first trailer will be like?

Rakudaton
12-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Let's face it, all four big games so far have had utterly awesome trailers. I thought it might be interesting to predict what the first (E3, I presume) trailer for ACIII will be like. Here's just a reminder of what the first four were:

AC: Altair in Acre, assassinates an executioner, then runs/climbs away, finally escaping by disappearing into a crowd of monks.

ACII: Ezio assassinates a man at a big Venetian party. He fights off a handful of guards and then pursues his second target by rooftop. The target sets up an ambush, which Ezio circumvents by shooting him and then disappearing.

ACB: In Rome, Rodrigo and Cesare Borgia are riding in their papal carriage in front of the pantheon. Ezio walks through the crowd, his recruits taking out guards. Papal guards back up Cesare; Ezio responds with his own recruits, and they charge.

ACR: Ezio reaches Masyaf and is attacked by Templars. His hidden blade breaks and he is swamped by numbers. He is taken to be hanged, but at the last instant fights back.

I'm expecting something magnificent for ACIII. Obviously we know nothing about what it's going to be like, so anything at this point is 100% speculation. Going on the (not universally accepted) theory that it will be purely Desmond's game, here's my call for the trailer:

ACIII: Late at night in some city. Two important templars leave their workplace and walk the streets, presumably discussing something. We get brief camera shots from the rooftops, where we see flashes of someone moving. One of the templars turns to get in a car. We see a shadow leap from the rooftops; as it lands on the first templar the camera cuts to the second templar, who turns around at the sound to see Desmond. There's the slow-motion staring contest for a second (with compulsory hidden blades out!), before the templar rushes to his car and is driven off. Desmond runs and climbs to the rooftops, giving chase. Eventually he sprints and throws himself from the roof, landing on the car. As he tries to get inside it the driver swerves, throwing him off. He hits the ground and the car gets away. As he's getting up, he looks around to see himself surrounded by abstergo agents (from the multiplayer training program). Commence awesome assassin/templar fight, which Desmond wins, before walking off down an alleyway into darkness; the camera pans up to the dawn sky and "AC III" fades in.

Anyway, I'd just love to know any ideas on what it might be like. Thoughts?

-- EDIT --

1. For Assassin_M's sake, I hereby promise the sum of one (1) cookie shall be awarded to whoever correctly guesses the content of the trailer.
2. I know some people hate the modern-day thing. I love the historical settings of the games... BUT I think now that they've set up Desmond like this and the modern-day setting, they can't back out now.
3. Rileypoole1234, if I remember correctly the first trailers for ACII, Brotherhood and Revelations all surfaced at around the same time of year. I'd anticipate fairly early in the year?

Assassin_M
12-18-2011, 10:56 AM
I`ll tell you what i think, if you promise to give me a cookie in 2012 if I get it right..

Inorganic9_2
12-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Personally, I really hope that's not the ACIII trailer. I'd like history! Modern times are boring :P

JumpInTheFire13
12-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Rakudaton I really like this idea I think it'd make an awesome trailer, but I don't like the idea of AC3 being in the present day. One of the things that makes Assassin's Creed so awesome is the history

rileypoole1234
12-18-2011, 11:29 AM
I'd first like to know WHEN we actually are going to see it.

Sarari
12-18-2011, 11:37 AM
I think it's gonna be amazing without a doubt.

playassassins1
12-18-2011, 11:49 AM
I think the trailer is going to be shown at E3 as always.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
12-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Personally, I really hope that's not the ACIII trailer. I'd like history! Modern times are boring :P

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Assassin_M
12-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:

1. For Assassin_M's sake, I hereby promise the sum of one (1) cookie shall be awarded to whoever correctly guesses the content of the trailer.

Ok then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
It`ll probably be the same type as AC II, as in introducing a new character; It`ll be during the french revolution, where it opens to show the on coming chaos and Instability, then shifts to a closed dark room where some templars are having a meeting and are discussing the current situation, with some quick shots of our Assassin watching them from the shadows (or the Window)
Then the Leader of them Templars is done and then proceeds to leave when "CHIIIIIIIIIING !!!!" the Assassin lands on him from above, the others hear the commotion and send guards after the Assassin, who proceeds to escape, and then enters a marching demonstration where he disappears and the shot starts to zoom out..

AC III ----> 16/11/2012 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 12:21 PM
It will include someone looking overwhelmingly badass who kills unrealistic numbers of guards in seconds, while looking just as relaxed as he did before.

lukaszep
12-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I'd first like to know WHEN we actually are going to see it.

Seeing as it's a whole new ancestor and presumably time period, the trailers and announcement will probably follow a similar course to AC2. So a few teaser trailers around April/May and then the E3 trailer.

dewgel
12-18-2011, 12:51 PM
I hope it's Desmond. I'd love to see a high quality rendered Desmond in CGI form.

I expect it to surface around May time, when they'll start diong the Facebook teasers and then the CGI trailer to prepare us for E3, then they'll have a gameplay demo for E3 and it'll be hype after hype until then

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
I hope it's Desmond. I'd love to see a high quality rendered Desmond in CGI form.

I expect it to surface around May time, when they'll start diong the Facebook teasers and then the CGI trailer to prepare us for E3, then they'll have a gameplay demo for E3 and it'll be hype after hype until then
I doubt it tbh - Assassin's Creed is famous for it's rich, realistic environments of the past.. They wouldn't suddenly make a Desmond trailer.

EzioAssassin51
12-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Content of the trailer = Bloody awesome

Cookie please

E-Zekiel
12-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Oh man, if they do a cinematic with Desmond...that'd be epic.

JumpInTheFire13
12-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:

It`ll probably be the same type as AC II, as in introducing a new character; It`ll be during the french revolution, where it opens to show the on coming chaos and Instability, then shifts to a closed dark room where some templars are having a meeting and are discussing the current situation, with some quick shots of our Assassin watching them from the shadows (or the Window)
Then the Leader of them Templars is done and then proceeds to leave when "CHIIIIIIIIIING !!!!" the Assassin lands on him from above, the others hear the commotion and send guards after the Assassin, who proceeds to escape, and then enters a marching demonstration where he disappears and the shot starts to zoom out..

AC III ----> 16/11/2012 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

This

MrAnarchist
12-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by JumpInTheFire13:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

This </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?

NewBlade200
12-18-2011, 08:21 PM
It will be filled with lies. All lies. *Curls up in corner*

JumpInTheFire13
12-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by MrAnarchist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JumpInTheFire13:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

This </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whenever somebody quotes a post saying this it means they agree with the original poster

goclo822
12-19-2011, 06:20 AM
I think the trailer will start out with the new ancestor. Following him through an intense assassination similar to AC2 and ACB. However through it, we will see glimpses and flashes to the modern times with Desmond doing an assassination paralleling the new ancestor without showing either of their faces to keep the mystery. Each flash to modern day will be very cryptic and hard to make out what's happening so that you don't know for sure what time period it is or who the dark mysterious figure is. The trailer will end showing the new ancestors face and then flashing to Desmond in the modern day standing on a roof with a quick pan out to a city or something similar and then of course ending the trailer with the title.

Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Oh man, if they do a cinematic with Desmond...that'd be epic.
This!

masterfenix2009
12-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Starts with a new ancestor fighting some guards. Then it changes to a new ancestor and a new time period. That ancestor would run around and show the environment. Then it would show one morr ancestor oing whatever he does. Than it would show desmond on top of a building with his hidden blade out watching an abstergo press conference