PDA

View Full Version : The Force Unleashed

GrImReApEr192
09-16-2008, 08:22 PM
I got it last night and love it so far,the story is really good,the graphics are nice,combat is a little dull but the force powers are sweet.

What do you guys think about it?

GrImReApEr192
09-16-2008, 08:22 PM
I got it last night and love it so far,the story is really good,the graphics are nice,combat is a little dull but the force powers are sweet.

What do you guys think about it?

MadamTampini
09-16-2008, 09:12 PM
I haven't gotten it yet but you did mention it to me so I will probably be getting it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

MeloniesHomeboy
09-17-2008, 08:55 AM
One of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. Im a huge physics junkie, while it has some of the best physics EVAR, it didnt justify a 60 dollar purchase for me. Sadly im going to pass until it hits the bargin bin. Crysis Warhead will save the day w00t!

LaurenIsSoMosh
09-17-2008, 01:10 PM
lol, the best phisix EVAR doesn't justify the purchase? Or do you mean that even though the physics are outstanding, that's the only good thing about it and the rest is not worth it?

I was getting really hyped for this game, but then just yesterday I heard that it has a lot of glitches. Does it run smoothly for you guys? I don't wanna buy something that will freeze in the middle of the climax or steal my girlfriend while I'm away.

GrImReApEr192
09-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Ive experienced only one glitch and that was during a boss battle,i fell into the floor so i couldnt attack them and they couldnt attack me. But it buffed itself out in about a minute.

They didnt use the euphoria engine as good as it could be,enemies would only grab on to stuff if you brought them really close to the object while in force grip.

I just beat it tonight and the ending was awesome,definately worth the money but it is kind of short.I give it a 8.5/10

LaurenIsSoMosh
09-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks, Grimmy.

Falling into/through the floor... my favorite glitch in all of video game history. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Gypsy816
09-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Plan on getting it soon! My friends keep telling me how using the force in evil ways to get people makes them giggle. Jealous!

Boobisphere
09-18-2008, 10:33 PM
has anyone tried the Wii version yet?

savior2006
09-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Saw some videos and here's what I think.
+Force Powers were good.
-main character's overall disposition. He's all "Yes master" one minute and talking about some busty female pilot he likes the next. Neither Sith or Jedi are supposed to think all that much about the opposite sex.
-saber combat.
*Lightsabers are made of light. Therefore they have no weight, so why are these guys getting a knockback effect when the guy hits them? The Jedi Knight games are the best Jedi games ever in my opinion, and neither one had a knockback for sabers.
*saber is way too weak. I can understand a few hits are required to kill a Jedi or Sith (the latter of which tend to wear armor), but a Stormtrooper? A saboteur? One hit should be all it takes.

LaurenIsSoMosh
09-22-2008, 10:07 AM
I bought this game the day after, played it, and beat it a few days ago.

I beat it on the light side twice and liked it, but then I beat it on the dark side and was so depressed that it made me wanna take it back. ;_;

It froze up on me three or four times, and I experienced the falling-through-the-floor glitch once, while fighting Shaak Ti. Fortunately her health was blinking red, so I just shocked her to death. XD

I liked this game, but it wasn't really what I thought it would be. The lightsaber duels really disappointed me.

RoaringMad Mac
09-22-2008, 02:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by savior2006:
Saw some videos and here's what I think.
+Force Powers were good.
-main character's overall disposition. He's all "Yes master" one minute and talking about some busty female pilot he likes the next. Neither Sith or Jedi are supposed to think all that much about the opposite sex.
-saber combat.
*Lightsabers are made of light. Therefore they have no weight, so why are these guys getting a knockback effect when the guy hits them? The Jedi Knight games are the best Jedi games ever in my opinion, and neither one had a knockback for sabers.
*saber is way too weak. I can understand a few hits are required to kill a Jedi or Sith (the latter of which tend to wear armor), but a Stormtrooper? A saboteur? One hit should be all it takes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree with you on the knock back thing. If someone could clue us in on why that happens. I mean one swipe of the saber should pretty much desimate a stormtrooper or anyone with light armor. Over all I love this game so far. I am really into it and it is not soooooo hard in some aspects like Ninja Gaiden where you are more worried about staying alive as much as thinking on what you should do. That is not to say that NG is soooo hard just much more fast paced. I am loving this game so far. I love using the force in these ways. I can't finish the game in two to three days like most of you young people but I am really enjoying it.

I even got back into playing Rainbow yesterday as well.

Gypsy816
09-22-2008, 06:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
I bought this game the day after, played it, and beat it a few days ago.

I beat it on the light side twice and liked it, but then I beat it on the dark side and was so depressed that it made me wanna take it back. ;_;

It froze up on me three or four times, and I experienced the falling-through-the-floor glitch once, while fighting Shaak Ti. Fortunately her health was blinking red, so I just shocked her to death. XD

I liked this game, but it wasn't really what I thought it would be. The lightsaber duels really disappointed me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have heard the same complaints from friends. They all say when they first start playing it that it is really awesome and using the force is so fun and then it starts glitching and they beat it too fast. I was hoping for something like KOTOR in length but from what I hear, I don't think it is even close to being that long.

ERN456
09-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Well thats another one Im not buying. Too bad it isnt as good as thought it would be.

MadamTampini
09-22-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm almost a little afraid to buy another game right now. I keep getting disk unreadable even from Mass Effect which is like the least-glitchy game I have ever played. My box makes all glitches 1000x worse so if people are having problems with freezing I think it would be better if I opted out until I get a new box http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

cooldude6681
09-22-2008, 11:07 PM
I played and beat it over the weekend. Took just under 8 hours on Sith Warrior difficulty. I enjoyed it a lot and experienced very few glitches (I fell into a pile of garbage once and couldn't get out; the game froze once (and consider, this is for two different people who both played the game all the way through)). The story was awesome (dark side ending FTW), combat was frustrating at times but overall pretty fun, DMM is awesomesauce (except for mud acting like Jell-o when fighting Shaak Ti http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif), Euphoria is awesomersauce, I liked the few force puzzles they added.

8/10 from me.

Gypsy816
09-23-2008, 05:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MadamTampini:
I'm almost a little afraid to buy another game right now. I keep getting disk unreadable even from Mass Effect which is like the least-glitchy game I have ever played. My box makes all glitches 1000x worse so if people are having problems with freezing I think it would be better if I opted out until I get a new box http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugh I hear ya. My Elite keeps freezing. It's scaring me...