PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, is this possible to work?

WWMaxGunz
03-11-2004, 10:37 AM
We have trim motion at realistic speed.

I do not know the code method, I cannot say what is possible. But;

Could it be that any press of a trim key would immediately stop all trim in motion before doing whatever thing that key is for?

So if I have held pitch down trim key for a short while and now the nose is almost where I want then one more tap of down trim would cause the timed change to stop and then the normal command of one tap nose down works the same, it goes that last increment. If I would see maybe it is going to be too far then I tap up trim, the downward ceases and one step of up is made.

The only change would be to stop the current motion if any. No further checks or enhancements of any kind.

It would add a bit of realism if now 2 kinds of trim can be working at once on timers. What pilot could adjust two trims at once unless he let go of the stick?

I decided it is better to ask than not. I hope it is both possible and can fit in with time to do things.

Neal

WWMaxGunz
03-11-2004, 10:37 AM
We have trim motion at realistic speed.

I do not know the code method, I cannot say what is possible. But;

Could it be that any press of a trim key would immediately stop all trim in motion before doing whatever thing that key is for?

So if I have held pitch down trim key for a short while and now the nose is almost where I want then one more tap of down trim would cause the timed change to stop and then the normal command of one tap nose down works the same, it goes that last increment. If I would see maybe it is going to be too far then I tap up trim, the downward ceases and one step of up is made.

The only change would be to stop the current motion if any. No further checks or enhancements of any kind.

It would add a bit of realism if now 2 kinds of trim can be working at once on timers. What pilot could adjust two trims at once unless he let go of the stick?

I decided it is better to ask than not. I hope it is both possible and can fit in with time to do things.

Neal

Aaron_GT
03-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Sounds like a damn good idea to me.

Although I'd modify it a bit. I tend to
nibble at the trim so I'd still like to be
able to do that, so maybe the functionality
should be that bouncing a trim key trims
it one increment in that direction then stops
trimming?

So if you leant on the downwards trim and it
was doing its delayed auto repeat thing you
could bounce the up trim once and it would
stop any downwards trim and give you one tiny
click of up trim. The chances are that by
the time you've reacted to the over trim
downwards you need to add at least one click
of nose up trim anyway, so I think that will
be easy to code, use, and be very very handy.

So - a good idea that deserves a bump.

Aaron_GT
03-12-2004, 10:20 AM
DoH! Reading more carefully what I said is
EXACTLy what you are proposing. I should have
read in more detail! So I doubly support what
you are saying as it is exactly what I think
is needed too.