PDA

View Full Version : Grey Wolf Help (Can it be pulled apart)

William66th
06-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Great work on the mod i have not yet had a chance to download it myself because of a very slow internet connection. My question is I read some of the files that the program or mod will change and was wondering if there is a way to pick and chose what you want to install and what i want to leave the way it is. For example I would love to have the new bottom textures that i was reading about about the sunking ships at the beginning of the port at Scapa (screenshot of this if anyone can) and also would love to have the small channel that is cut out from around kiel. The problem is that i see there are alot of files that i do not wish to really change at this time. Sound files and things like that. Is there a way to selectivly install some items. Great work from what i have heard on it so far.

U-66 remains in dry dock repairs nearing completion new paint scheme in the works as the crews work to frantically get back in the fight.

Any help and or screenshots of some of the new fetures of this mod would be great to look at and hear about. Thanks for any help that you can give.

William
Captain
U-66

William66th
06-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Great work on the mod i have not yet had a chance to download it myself because of a very slow internet connection. My question is I read some of the files that the program or mod will change and was wondering if there is a way to pick and chose what you want to install and what i want to leave the way it is. For example I would love to have the new bottom textures that i was reading about about the sunking ships at the beginning of the port at Scapa (screenshot of this if anyone can) and also would love to have the small channel that is cut out from around kiel. The problem is that i see there are alot of files that i do not wish to really change at this time. Sound files and things like that. Is there a way to selectivly install some items. Great work from what i have heard on it so far.

U-66 remains in dry dock repairs nearing completion new paint scheme in the works as the crews work to frantically get back in the fight.

Any help and or screenshots of some of the new fetures of this mod would be great to look at and hear about. Thanks for any help that you can give.

William
Captain
U-66

U301
06-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Yes I agree with U-66, I was intereted in a good deck-gun with sonic boom and possibly spent shell case noise and a good hull damage mod when I downloaded GW's.
I will pick and choose mods if possible out of GreyWolves but I supose will be refered to sub-sim.com.
KUrtz.

William66th
06-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Just wondering if anyone in the community has tried to pull Grey Wolves apart and only install the things they want from it. As stated before I love some of the improvments offered by this great Mod however there are several files that I do not wish to change because i have altererd them personally like sounds or other reasons.

Maybe someone could point me in the right dirrection here. I see a list of mods that are installed when the Grey Wolf Mod is installed. Yet I do not see the mods for Keil or few others listed.

When you download the GW mod does it come in folders like that of SH3. Or does it come with a self install .EXE file that can not be altered. Just looking for some help on the subject if at all possible.

Thanks

William
Captain
U-66

Goosen83
06-29-2006, 07:50 AM
Take a backup of the files that you modified, install GW and add your own files or edit the GW ones. The only things I don't recomend changing if you want GW is the damage model (zones) and campaign files. A lot of the things is in those files. I tried to take a look at it a while ago but gave up after about 5 seconds. There are simply too many lines for a single person to work on, unless you have unlimited time.

longam
06-29-2006, 08:06 AM
You can find most of the mods that are included in IUB and GW herehttp://server3.realsimulation.com/u-boot/SH3Mods/

Carotio
06-29-2006, 01:38 PM
you could also look in the creatives section of this forum in my post of my GW add on, where I change some features back to original or RuB, plus add a lot more than GW offered...