PDA

View Full Version : How much renown do you get for a plane?

szala11
03-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Say for a 2 engined bomber and for a single engined fighter-bomber? BTW is there a brief chart / table about renowns?

szala11
03-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Say for a 2 engined bomber and for a single engined fighter-bomber? BTW is there a brief chart / table about renowns?

klcarroll
03-25-2007, 11:04 AM
The amount varies depending on the plane: .....A Hurricane will only get you 20 points, but some of the larger bombers "pay" up to 70 or 100 points.

If you want to see the values, go to "Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII/data/Air": ...in the "Air" folder are sub-folders for each aircraft type. Just open the sub-folder you're interested in and look at the Config file using Windows Notepad.

(BTW: you can use "Notepad" to edit these files, if you feel more renown is needed: .....just remember to make a backup copy of any Config file you intend to modify.)

Foehammer-1
03-25-2007, 03:27 PM
You can also try to browse through the Community manual, there is a lot of useful stuff there. As for renown, you might want to check THIS (http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Renown) page of the manual. Enjoy

bill268
08-01-2007, 04:11 PM
I changed mine. Bombers now at 120. Anything that can drop one bomb and destroy a compartment/sink the boat, should be rewarded more highly. DD's at 340. If a merchant with guns can tear you up, I figure a DD has got to be renown worthy of a C3 cargo or T2 tanker. bill268