PDA

View Full Version : PATCH 4.01 - what a joke!

Tvrdi
06-16-2005, 04:52 PM
OMG...I tried 4.0 and it was great...planes were heavier...new FM...in 4.01 FM is very similar to what we had in 3.04....is this because of kids or what? wtf? and wher gone trim rudder in Bf109?...and it seams that FM in planes like p51 and BF109 didnt changed alot (compared to the 4.0) but on example Spit is almost reversed to the 3.04 state....wher is the f nose in Spit V? sometimes a wing of a Spitfire simply disappear in front of my eyes when im looking from the cockpit , and then suddenly its again visible..WTF? I didnt tested, but i got reports from others that the same thing is with the one of the Kis....another strange thing appeared in 4.01 - sometimes you can rip a wing of your enemy with short burst in one area of his plane - but next time, if you shoot with the same weapon, from the same angle and in the same area of enemy plane he will continue to fly without prob - so u need more and more and more puch...WTF?? what you did with the patch??? what? what??

and it seams that 4.01 readme is actualy a 4.0 readme because of that what I said about DM in 4.01...and takeoffs in 4.01 arent more difficult than they were in 3.04- almost the same f thing....in 4.0 I felt real difference..read this funny words from 4.01 readme:

"....It is likely that some people may have a problem in their first attempts to fly with the new flight model, especially with take-offs and landings when FM is set to ‚‚ā¨ňúrealistic‚‚ā¨ô. However, once you understand the differences and get used to it, everything will fall into place...."

Tvrdi
06-16-2005, 04:52 PM
OMG...I tried 4.0 and it was great...planes were heavier...new FM...in 4.01 FM is very similar to what we had in 3.04....is this because of kids or what? wtf? and wher gone trim rudder in Bf109?...and it seams that FM in planes like p51 and BF109 didnt changed alot (compared to the 4.0) but on example Spit is almost reversed to the 3.04 state....wher is the f nose in Spit V? sometimes a wing of a Spitfire simply disappear in front of my eyes when im looking from the cockpit , and then suddenly its again visible..WTF? I didnt tested, but i got reports from others that the same thing is with the one of the Kis....another strange thing appeared in 4.01 - sometimes you can rip a wing of your enemy with short burst in one area of his plane - but next time, if you shoot with the same weapon, from the same angle and in the same area of enemy plane he will continue to fly without prob - so u need more and more and more puch...WTF?? what you did with the patch??? what? what??

and it seams that 4.01 readme is actualy a 4.0 readme because of that what I said about DM in 4.01...and takeoffs in 4.01 arent more difficult than they were in 3.04- almost the same f thing....in 4.0 I felt real difference..read this funny words from 4.01 readme:

"....It is likely that some people may have a problem in their first attempts to fly with the new flight model, especially with take-offs and landings when FM is set to ‚‚ā¨ňúrealistic‚‚ā¨ô. However, once you understand the differences and get used to it, everything will fall into place...."

ImpStarDuece
06-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Back away from the keyboard now. Slowly.

Come back in half an hour. Go to the windows start menu, go to the IL2 icon and click to 'uninstall' icon.

Obviously, the game has been ruined. Totally and completely unplayable. It would be better for the whole world if IL2 never existed. Tvrdi, you can help by making that change http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

faustnik
06-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Check this:

Official Word (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/9941039033/p/1)

Tvrdi
06-16-2005, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
Back away from the keyboard now. Slowly.

Come back in half an hour. Go to the windows start menu, go to the IL2 icon and click to 'uninstall' icon.

Obviously, the game has been ruined. Totally and completely unplayable. It would be better for the whole world if IL2 never existed. Tvrdi, you can help by making that change http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you funny guy.....btw, Im here from the very f beginning.....I love this sim....Im very satisfied with the sim......but 4.01 is a **** compared to the 4.0 --&gt;its simply a compromise made by 1C so that kids could be a part of our community....and its good for newcomers...so they can fly with us....did you saw those guys in warclouds and other servers stalling like hell (with v. 4.0) in their spits??? they couldnt do a wild and arcadic manoevres without goin to stall....and now they can do almost the same things... is this a sim or a game/sim for all...we must decide...if it is a compromise....let it be like that...but SAY its a compromise in readme

Grisha7
06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
So you don't like it then? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tvrdi
06-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Faustnik.....nonsense there...read my post there pls....

Grisha7..no..I think 4.01 is better than 3.04 but thers no significant changes in FM....OK FM changed but not so much....FM of 4.0 was better than it is in 4.01.....

Tooz_69GIAP
06-16-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark here:

Did you install the 4.01m patch over the 4.00m patch?

If so, try a re-install, and this time, follow the installation instructions and install 4.01m over 3.04m. If your game is still porked, then I dunno what to tell ye.

LStarosta
06-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Haha... Whiners...

There always have been, are, and will be.

Tvrdi
06-16-2005, 05:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:

If so, try a re-install, and this time, follow the installation instructions and install 4.01m over 3.04m. If your game is still porked, then I dunno what to tell ye. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

assuming, this is not a joke....1.) Oleg said we can install 4.01 over 4.0 2.) if that what are you saying is a truth, then we, who installed 4.01 over 4.0 are cheaters because our planes are "easier",...."easier FM"

Starosta..you registered in 2004....go back to the CFS and FPSs

Grisha7
06-16-2005, 05:42 PM
I honestly don't feel there is a huge difference in the FM between 4.0 and 4.01. Admittedly, I haven't tested many of the aircraft since installing 4.01, just my favourites.

I like this new patch. Yes, the torque seems to have been reduced on certain aircraft but I felt the FM was a little harsh in 4.0 anyway. I think it's just about right now IMO. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
06-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Host your own server running 4.0 then all your worries will be gone.

Tvrdi
06-16-2005, 05:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
Host your own server running 4.0 then all your worries will be gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think there would be dedicated 4.0 servers full of il2 veterans http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

GRisha7 wrote: "...but I felt the FM was a little harsh in 4.0 anyway..." ---&gt; just because of that Oleg changed FM in 4.01....so the ppl like you, for which 4.0 was to harsh can play without a problem......I mean, I dont have anything against you guys....but we were closer to the realism in 4.0...s***

F19_Orheim
06-16-2005, 05:49 PM
here we go again... didn't you find any other threads here that you could continue but had to start a "what a joke"thread all by yourself?

F19_Ob
06-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Sorry, but I cant seem to find any noticeable difference between patch 4.0 and 4.1 regarding FM.

Some say they got a porked install when they patched from 4.0 to 4.1 but that seem strange since it isn't a real installation , just a zip file that replaces files. So not much can go wrong there.
I tested both installations and they turned out the same for me.
-----------------------

Other than that, I think many planes are easier to fly now (than in 3.04) because the stalls and spins are gentler and the recovery is easier.
P38, spit, p40 and p51 for example.

Tvrdi
06-16-2005, 05:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F19_Ob:
Sorry, but I cant seem to find any noticeable difference between patch 4.0 and 4.1 regarding FM.

Some say they got a porked install when they patched from 4.0 to 4.1 but that seem strange since it isn't a real installation , just a zip file that replaces files. So not much can go wrong there.
I tested both installations and they turned out the same for me.
-----------------------

Other than that, I think many planes are easier to fly now (than in 3.04) because the stalls and spins are gentler and the recovery is easier.
P38, spit, p40 and p51 for example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im affraid they are looking for new buyers....

F19_Orheim
06-16-2005, 05:52 PM
go to bed Obhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LStarosta
06-16-2005, 05:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tvrdi:
Starosta..you registered in 2004....go back to the CFS and FPSs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I hit a nerve. It must have been a good one, because your comeback was lame. Try again next time. You wanna try a Polak joke while you're at it? Or how about making fun of my age? C'mon, be original.

That's the difference between real pilots, and little armchair pussies like you. When I f*ck up in the air, I know it's my fault. When you f*ck up, you blame the FM.

Grisha7
06-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Oleg changed the patch for people like me? How kind of him!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

You seem to like making assumptions, Tvrdi. I coped with the last FM fine. What I was getting at was the Fw190, for example, had an tendency to 'bouce' it's nose no matter how often you trimmed it. This characteristic has now gone, which pleases me, thanks very much.

Stop assuming that difficulty equates with 'realism'.

crazyivan1970
06-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Good luck with non existent 4.0 server http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Oh wait... there is none. Unless you think those modded dedicated servers work correctly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

F19_Ob
06-16-2005, 06:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F19_Orheim:
go to bed Obhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going now sir..

NonWonderDog
06-16-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm confused...this thread isn't a joke?

heywooood
06-16-2005, 06:30 PM
sadly - it is a joke.

4.0 and 4.01 are nearly identical

the differences are overblown in the minds of a few as to something as intangeable as the Flight Model of a computer simulator is to people who have never flown - or who have flown but dont like this simulated representation for reasons they cant fully articulate... they only know that they liked the FEEL of 4.0 and dont like the FEEL of 4.01...

Too bad for Oleg that you cant really answer these 'feelings' other than to quote so called experts/fliers/engineers/data of your own.

The problem here is that Oleg will not be able to convince the people that may have preferred 4.0 or some other beta for whatever reason, even if the data supports 4.01 because its just a 'feeling' regarding the tenuous and surrealistic association between real airial combat flying and an office chair in front of a monitor.

For what its worth - I think 4.01 is a major improvement in many ways...and that there are many things yet to see with it. It has after all only been a few days.

1c has shown a perfect track record so far as to their concern for their product so I expect ongoing fixes and patches BoB notwithstanding so for that reason you should...

Post real bugs and issues in the appropriate place and offer constructive criticism if you like - but many are tired of the tears over 4.0/4.01 there just isn't anything to cry about.

Our sim keeps getting improvements and planes added after the fact - what could be better?

Chuck_Older
06-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Personally I think Tvrdi has gone stark raving mad

heywooood
06-16-2005, 06:45 PM
he's barking like a duck alright.

Jasko76
06-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Tvrdi----

Ne gubi zivce oko ovoga, samo ces sebi stvoriti neprijatelje. Slazem se sa tobom, ali u ovom forumu negativno misljenje nije dobro doslo, samo ce se izlajati ko bijesna kerad na tebe. Ovdje svi Olegu lizu dupe i sretni su tako... pusti to!

Sorry 'bout this guys!

LStarosta
06-16-2005, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jasko76:
Tvrdi----

Ne gubi zivce oko ovoga, samo ces sebi stvoriti neprijatelje. Slazem se sa tobom, ali u ovom forumu negativno misljenje nije dobro doslo, samo ce se izlajati ko bijesna kerad na tebe. Ovdje svi Olegu lizu dupe i sretni su tako... pusti to!

Sorry 'bout this guys! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! Slavic languages are so alike. I know Polish, and I had a good laugh from what you wrote.

hobnail
06-16-2005, 06:59 PM
To test the differences between 4.00 and 4.01 I set up 2 PCs side by side, 4.00 on the left and 4.01 on the right. I then set up a quick mission with the Fw on both and flew them at the same time. **** me I found that with my right hand I could steer the 4.01 much easier whilst my left handed 4.00 was very realistic and difficult to control.

See! 4.01 is borked!! waaah

Jasko76
06-16-2005, 07:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
LOL! Slavic languages are so alike. I know Polish, and I had a good laugh from what you wrote. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good for you.

lol!

WholeHawg
06-16-2005, 07:10 PM
So you think they reworked the whole flight model in 1 week?? I think you need to take the crack pipe out of the cockpit.

PBNA-Boosher
06-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Aha! A Squid! I knew we's be catchin one soon, matey!

Tooz_69GIAP
06-16-2005, 11:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tvrdi:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:

If so, try a re-install, and this time, follow the installation instructions and install 4.01m over 3.04m. If your game is still porked, then I dunno what to tell ye. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

assuming, this is not a joke....1.) Oleg said we can install 4.01 over 4.0 2.) if that what are you saying is a truth, then we, who installed 4.01 over 4.0 are cheaters because our planes are "easier",...."easier FM"

Starosta..you registered in 2004....go back to the CFS and FPSs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because Oleg said so, don't mean it does actually work that way. He may well have forgotten, or just couldn't be ersed to do it.

And the ReadMe and the PF official site stated categorically that 4.01m must only be installed over 3.03m or 3.04m.

And official word from Oleg is that the ONLY things changed from 4.00m and 4.01m was the fuel bug on the 190, and the SBD torque.

So if that's the only two things that were changed, how comes your install is porked??

Well, given that the vast majority of people who are reporting problems also are people who installed 4.01m straight over 4.00m. And guess what, some of those who were having problems reinstalled the entire game and went from 3.04m to 4.01m, and then they report the problems as being solved!

Logically, that says you messed up by NOT following the correct installation instructions, and it is a likely cause of your problems in game.

sapre
06-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Out of 150 AC, 1 planes DM gots weird, and the entire sim is ruined. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

knightflyte
06-16-2005, 11:58 PM
LStarosta said:

That's the difference between real pilots, and little armchair pussies like you. When I f*ck up in the air, I know it's my fault. When you f*ck up, you blame the FM.

GREAT LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Targ
06-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the warning dude!
I will more than likely toss my computer off a cliff in my outrage at all of the wrongs Oleg and company have done to me over this crime,
Or not.

msalama
06-17-2005, 12:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...you blame the FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww... getting a bit harsh there LStarosta, but gotta laugh my a**e off nevertheless http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

SeaFireLIV
06-17-2005, 12:50 AM
There is no spoon....

Tvrdi
06-17-2005, 01:08 AM
Ivan, pls go to russian forums and ask them there what was changhed from 4.0 to 4.01...as opposed to here there uv got few ppl who are close with the programmers..... russian connection http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yskonyn23
06-17-2005, 01:43 AM
LOL, indeed the whiners will never stop.
LStarosta you are always hard on the lines, aren't you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Fell off my chair laughing, though! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I have so much fun everytime I see armchair pilots talk about 'realism', while they actually never held a yoke or stick in their hands... ever. What realism? In relation to MSFS, or what?

SeaFireLIV
06-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Tvrdi would have been praising 4.01 if he`d never had 4.00. I wonder if he`s realised this? Saying it`s a joke is way over the top.

waffen-79
06-17-2005, 01:47 AM
Someone already said this, You were not supposed to have the 4.00 patch, so quit whining bout being different than 4.01

IvanoBulo
06-17-2005, 02:10 AM
Ivan, pls go to russian forums and ask them there what was changhed from 4.0 to 4.01...as opposed to here there uv got few ppl who are close with the programmers..... russian connection http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is a guy from MG with nick MG13. He personally confirmed on sukhoi.ru forum that there are only two changes were made in 4.01 which Crazyivan posted on ORR (SBD-2 torgue tuned and amount of fuel in FW190 were corrected).
My personal opinion that is just a mass hysteria...

Tvrdi
06-17-2005, 02:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IvanoBulo:
Ivan, pls go to russian forums and ask them there what was changhed from 4.0 to 4.01...as opposed to here there uv got few ppl who are close with the programmers..... russian connection http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is a guy from MG with nick MG13. He personally confirmed on sukhoi.ru forum that there are only two changes were made in 4.01 which Crazyivan posted on ORR (SBD-2 torgue tuned and amount of fuel in FW190 were corrected).
My personal opinion that is just a mass hysteria... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I deleted a post above just to end this fight with the vindmills.....yes..everything is OK...just like it was before.....

Kernow
06-17-2005, 02:51 AM
deleted then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

F19_Orheim
06-17-2005, 03:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IvanoBulo:
My personal opinion that is just a mass hysteria... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I deleted a post above just to end this fight with the vindmills.....yes..everything is OK...just like it was before..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How very chivalrous of you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Vipez-
06-17-2005, 03:54 AM
I noticed a big difference with FM (torque mostly) between 4.01 and 4.0m. 4.0m had considerably more torque, and it felt more realistic. No it is not Mass hysteria. How difficult is this to understand?

Surely Billion flys can't be wrong . $hit tastes good. I think it's a bug, so you have to install 4.01 over 3.04.. not to 4.01 from 4.0. Or this "bug" might come up.

joeap
06-17-2005, 04:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vipez-:
I noticed a big difference with FM (torque mostly) between 4.01 and 4.0m. 4.0m had considerably more torque, and it felt more realistic. No it is not Mass hysteria. How difficult is this to understand?

Surely Billion flys can't be wrong . $hit tastes good. I think it's a bug, so you have to install 4.01 over 3.04.. not to 4.01 from 4.0. Or this "bug" might come up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How difficult is it to understand that many feel no difference between the two patches? We can go back and forth like this forever ... if you're a dimwit who can't understand the placebo effect well sorry.

Huckebein_UK
06-17-2005, 04:33 AM
Tvrdi, even if there is a big difference between 4.0 and 4.1 (which I doubt, though I never d'loaded 4.0), why do you assume that just because 4.0 was harder, it was therefore more realistic? Perhaps 4.0's FM was too hard, so as to be unrealistic? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Vipez-
06-17-2005, 04:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeap:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vipez-:

Surely Billion flys can't be wrong . $hit tastes good. I think it's a bug, so you have to install 4.01 over 3.04.. not to 4.01 from 4.0. Or this "bug" might come up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How difficult is it to understand that many feel no difference between the two patches? We can go back and forth like this forever ... if you're a dimwit who can't understand the placebo effect well sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How difficult is for you to understand that many people have had this "problems" when installing from 4.0m to 4.01m (including me).. by problems i mean noticably different fm, when i first installed from 4.0m to 4.01m the game felt very much like 3.04m. Then I did a clean install, installed from 3.04 to 4.01m, and game was back into 4.0m-like.. So now do you see it? And apparently Oleg has admitted this as well.

So fine, if you installed from 3.04 to 4.01 directly you won't have this problem.

F19_Ob
06-17-2005, 04:53 AM
One thing I wonder about is that Oleg usually leave us just to fantasize and Guess if there have been any changes to guns, FM or whatever.
(no offense ment).

This lead to these long threads with guesses and feelings (me included). I'm sure we all do our best but with a multitude of ideas it's close to impossible to get a right solution and in best case we still are unsure.

It has been like this with all patches and I can understand one point for the developer to not confirm or deny our guesses, and that could be that the FM and DM with hitboxes and gun effectiveness and whatever are a bit of tradesecrets and it perhaps would be stupid to explain them in detail so other competetive developers could come up with something similar? This is after all the best ww2 combatsim on the market.

regards

Kernow
06-17-2005, 05:08 AM
How hard was this to understand:

'The 4.01m patch installs only over 3.03m or 3.04m (FB+AEP+PF merged).'

from the ReadMe?

Sure, you might get away with 4.00-&gt;4.01, but it might not work. I can understand the first person who posted that 4.01 was different to 4.00, but after the reason was pointed out there was no excuse for all the other '4.01: piece of s***' posts. Each one received the same advice, but still they keep coming. Rather than read and digest any of the threads dealing with this already the lackwits will probably start a couple more identical threads today.

Yskonyn23
06-17-2005, 05:26 AM
Installing 4.01m over 4.0m keeps your joystick setting intact.

Claiming you tested the patch on a v3.04 install suggests you uninstalled the game and reinstalled, which reverts your joystick settings back to default. So I wonder if you people realize that this might very well be the reason for the 'difference in behaviour'.
Try adjusting your joystick settings back to the settings you had in v3.04m and see if the 'diffulty gets decreased' as many seem to experience v4.01m over v4.0m.

Only a suggestion, though, but the default joystick setting do make the airplane a little agressive, but all the same for v4.0 or v4.01m.
Really no difference.

KarayaEine
06-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Sorry you feel the way you do Tvrdi.

IMO the 4.01 patch is great and I love it.

to each his own I guess...............

Johann

Huckebein_UK
06-17-2005, 07:19 AM
Well said mate, and ditto. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tvrdi
06-17-2005, 07:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeap:

How difficult is it to understand that many feel no difference between the two patches? We can go back and forth like this forever ... if you're a dimwit who can't understand the placebo effect well sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How difficult is for you to understand that many people have had this "problems" when installing from 4.0m to 4.01m (including me).. by problems i mean noticably different fm, when i first installed from 4.0m to 4.01m the game felt very much like 3.04m. Then I did a clean install, installed from 3.04 to 4.01m, and game was back into 4.0m-like.. So now do you see it? And apparently Oleg has admitted this as well.

So fine, if you installed from 3.04 to 4.01 directly you won't have this problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok so clean install made a difference for you..good news...I hope it will work for me too...I hope that its the problem..but again, that means that guys who wont do a clean install - that they would play with "old FM" closer to the 3-04....than its a bug....then we should be informed about that (you can look at this as cheating--&gt; to have v4.01 over 4.0)....

Vipez-
06-17-2005, 07:39 AM
yes it definately made a difference..

Tvrdi
06-17-2005, 12:27 PM
OK I did clean install and everythin was the same (like with 4.01 over 4.0)....I loved 4.0 FM (shaky noses in LW planes are back in 4.01..feeling that ur flyin in a plane that is really heavy also gone in 4.01)...so this topic is closed.....since majority said they like the changes made between 4.0 and 4.01 then let it be...I mean...what a hell....at the end Oleg decided and he is a boss here...

ah yes, and btw, Ivan,...I know that they pay you to say (quick look at the paper and typing): "Of course dear users, we only changed 2 things in 4.01"....I dont mind...

cheers

jurinko
06-17-2005, 12:34 PM
well i did simple test in 4.00m.. started in bf109 in default Okinawa map, 110% trhottle and without any input waited until the crosshair passes the horizont down and after getting some speed, it will pass the horizont up. The plane yaws because of the torque. If the torque is different, the moment of gunight center passing the horizont should be different.

It perfectly matches with 4.01m - 26sec and the screenshots are 100% identical in that moment.

I tested also F6F taking off with tail wheel locked, 110%/120mix from the carrier without any input, checking at which moment it will leave the board and fall into the water. If the torque is weaker, it should stay on board for longer period. It perfectly matches again.

WWSensei
06-17-2005, 01:21 PM
I've got 4.0m in one directory. I've got 4.0.1 in another and it was installed over 4.0m. I've got third install of 4.0.1 over 3.0.4m.

I've test over 25 aircraft so far.

ZERO difference in torgue, or FM. I think the perception something is different is all in people's head. Tracks recorded in one replay EXACTLY the same in the others which wouldn't work if they were different.

Especially since the FM data is all in one file which is overwritten in each case.

Jetbuff
06-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Sensei, it's useless. It's obvious that Tvrdi here has made up his mind and no amount of evidence to the contrary will change his mind. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

NonWonderDog
06-17-2005, 03:15 PM
It should not be possible for there to be a difference between 3.04&gt;4.01 and 4.00&gt;4.01. Patches 4.00 and 4.01 are IDENTICAL except for one file, &lt;files.SFS&gt;. If "files.SFS" isn't copied over on your 4.00 install you still have 4.00, if it is you have 4.01. There is no possible way that installing 4.01 over 4.00 can revert any part of your game to 3.04.

There is only one possibility, then, for something to be different between the two upgrade paths. If the 4.01 installer is buggy and does not overwrite some vital file, then perhaps only those that install 4.00&gt;4.01 will have the correct patch. The probability of this is extremely low, and mass hysteria and the placebo effect is *far* more likely.

Most likely, those that reinstalled the game in order to patch 3.04&gt;4.01 are seeing a difference because the reinstall reset their input settings. A new install defaults to 10 20 30 ... 100 for elevator and aileron controls and 100 100 100 ... 100 for rudder controls, if I remember correctly. (These are actually very good, logical settings, but the rudder is too sensitive if you use a twist stick. I prefer these stick settings to both 1 4 9 ... 100 and Oleg's settings, personally.)

crazyivan1970
06-17-2005, 03:28 PM
There was not only MG13 which is member of dev team that confirmed those two changes only... There was also MG_Dimas who is the lead programmer. If that is not enough... i donno what else to add. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OldMan____
06-17-2005, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yskonyn23:
Installing 4.01m over 4.0m keeps your joystick setting intact.

Claiming you tested the patch on a v3.04 install suggests you uninstalled the game and reinstalled, which reverts your joystick settings back to default. So I wonder if you people realize that this might very well be the reason for the 'difference in behaviour'.
Try adjusting your joystick settings back to the settings you had in v3.04m and see if the 'diffulty gets decreased' as many seem to experience v4.01m over v4.0m.

Only a suggestion, though, but the default joystick setting do make the airplane a little agressive, but all the same for v4.0 or v4.01m.
Really no difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In fact installing 4.01 over 4.0 destroyed my joystick config and in facyt everything in my conf.ini. Also the IL2 Setup program does not work anymore in 4.01 for me, and It took 2 hours to make the game detect sound and joystick again .