PDA

View Full Version : BoB please

wicklow
08-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Hi all firstly I dont want to cause a stink BUT is it not possible that the bus is going to be missed. I have been waiting for news along with all of you as to the release of what seems as good a sim that has ever been made, but no news is as bad as it being put on the market unfinished. We support Il2 and no doubt would be more than willing to support BoB (and wait) but give us some information as to what we,re waiting for, rather than the current rigs aint no good no screens in other words what are we going to be spending our money on. Sorry bout this its not a rant but an ask.

wicklow
08-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Hi all firstly I dont want to cause a stink BUT is it not possible that the bus is going to be missed. I have been waiting for news along with all of you as to the release of what seems as good a sim that has ever been made, but no news is as bad as it being put on the market unfinished. We support Il2 and no doubt would be more than willing to support BoB (and wait) but give us some information as to what we,re waiting for, rather than the current rigs aint no good no screens in other words what are we going to be spending our money on. Sorry bout this its not a rant but an ask.

Chuck_Older
08-22-2006, 10:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wicklow:
Hi all firstly I dont want to cause a stink BUT is it not possible that the bus is going to be missed. I have been waiting for news along with all of you as to the release of what seems as good a sim that has ever been made, but no news is as bad as it being put on the market unfinished. We support Il2 and no doubt would be more than willing to support BoB (and wait) but give us some information as to what we,re waiting for, rather than the current rigs aint no good no screens in other words what are we going to be spending our money on. Sorry bout this its not a rant but an ask. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my opinion, in the last few years it's become very commonplace for every game player to expect detailed status reports weekly, and if they don't get them, they panic.

Lately, Oleg has indicated that code had to be re-written. I'm sure that not only is a screenshot of the re-worked code as boring as all get-out, it's not something Oleg would like to share with his colleagues who work for other companies

Sometimes, what we think of as "progress reports" really just means "sexy screenshots of cool stuff to appease us".

JG53Frankyboy
08-22-2006, 10:21 AM
i would not expect the game release of SoS:BoB to early http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif lets say april 2007 perhaps ?!?!

and as Oleg said in its last interview, we should not expect something serious that they can show the community this year.

a smal summary so far
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/388104122/m/4641029783

LW_lcarp
08-22-2006, 04:44 PM
6 months or 10 years the wait is of no importance just get it right

VW-IceFire
08-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Its a long way off...why worry?

FritzGryphon
08-22-2006, 05:07 PM
There are still IL-2 products that haven't been released yet. Don't expect any big updates until then.

But there has been quite a bit of info already. Plane pics, cockpit pics, info about DM and weather system. The only thing really missing is finished terrain pics.

orkan_3d
08-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Not only that we did`nt saw BOB terrain, we have not seen any planes skins and DM, but it should not be forgoten that after game engin is finished, there must be many months of beta testing, and there is mission and campaign building and testing, so my most optimistic guess is that we might see BOB in late 2007 earliest.

TacticalYak3
08-25-2006, 09:56 AM
I for one understand what you are saying wicklow.

Every developer/publisher promotes their upcoming games. One would certainly have expected more PR from Ubisoft IF the original mention of its release was indeed late 2006 or early 2007. However, I think most in the community realize that the release is further off then what was mentioned/discussed earlier this year.

Perhaps there's nothing that can be shown at this time that would help promote it in the manner the developer would like. While some may argue he needs to hide his work, I can't personally see as the sim market is almost non-existent. To put it another way, developers producing yet another WW2 fps haven't refrain from advertising their upcoming titles, and there's only a million WW2 titles out there or coming.

Perhaps Maddox Games knows they have a captive audience and can't be bothered to promote the game at this point.

Bottom line is not to expect a thorough game space reserved for this title over at IGN anytime soon. Several pics and an interview at a Russian website is all (I believe) we got to date.

TS!