PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinders and markers ??? (Oleg & Developers)

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:13 PM
hi

i gues u noticed that when a plane crashes it leaves a burning & smoking hole in the ground...:-)

i watched a ww2 ducumetation in tv and they said there were "pathfinders" in front of a big bomber squad that marked the targets with small flame-bombs so they unexperienced crews of the bombers had it more easy to figure out the target.
for fb it will make night attacks possible, cause an ai bomber could drop those markers just 1 min before u attack the target with ur bomber squad. (searchlights look best after 22.00 but then its to dark to figure out the target with bombsight)

would it be possible to do some bombs like this in fb? or change some bombs so the ground will keep burning for some minutes ???

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:13 PM
hi

i gues u noticed that when a plane crashes it leaves a burning & smoking hole in the ground...:-)

i watched a ww2 ducumetation in tv and they said there were "pathfinders" in front of a big bomber squad that marked the targets with small flame-bombs so they unexperienced crews of the bombers had it more easy to figure out the target.
for fb it will make night attacks possible, cause an ai bomber could drop those markers just 1 min before u attack the target with ur bomber squad. (searchlights look best after 22.00 but then its to dark to figure out the target with bombsight)

would it be possible to do some bombs like this in fb? or change some bombs so the ground will keep burning for some minutes ???

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:40 PM
Interesting, would be a good addition for the bomber pilots.

Lock On is apparently going to feature the ability to drop smoke markers.

SSS