PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Gaming a Nightmare, not because of Virgin

Rivmikant56
04-17-2011, 04:53 PM
The matchmaking system is still broken, but in ways I hadn't even realized until recently.
I never engage in player matches with friends, but I do my ranked sessions and noticed that not only is matchmaking still slow since update 3.0, it has probably only gotten slower. It remains nearly impossible to get in a Chest Capture or Alliance session.
That said, it wasn't until I started participating in Virgin Gaming's little preliminary match ups for that tournament at May did I realize it was even suckier. See, 'cause now I have to buddy up with someone for a player match so that we compete. This is a total nightmare.
For every 10 minutes spent playing a match, it's about 10-20 minutes spent getting into a match, assuming that it ever happens. No, the 10-20 minutes is not finding someone on Virgin Gaming to challenge, it's just getting that person and me to end up in the same session without getting separated.
Only about 3 of the 28 matched I've done started off with the match-maker working as intended. The rest required re-inviting as many as 2 dozen times before we ended up in the same session. The 28 matched I've done represent roughly half of the times I tried to get a player match going. The other half simply never worked with the other guy.
My internet signal strength is as always 100 percent, and I've done port-forwarding. Fix the damn match-maker.

Rivmikant56
04-17-2011, 04:53 PM
The matchmaking system is still broken, but in ways I hadn't even realized until recently.
I never engage in player matches with friends, but I do my ranked sessions and noticed that not only is matchmaking still slow since update 3.0, it has probably only gotten slower. It remains nearly impossible to get in a Chest Capture or Alliance session.
That said, it wasn't until I started participating in Virgin Gaming's little preliminary match ups for that tournament at May did I realize it was even suckier. See, 'cause now I have to buddy up with someone for a player match so that we compete. This is a total nightmare.
For every 10 minutes spent playing a match, it's about 10-20 minutes spent getting into a match, assuming that it ever happens. No, the 10-20 minutes is not finding someone on Virgin Gaming to challenge, it's just getting that person and me to end up in the same session without getting separated.
Only about 3 of the 28 matched I've done started off with the match-maker working as intended. The rest required re-inviting as many as 2 dozen times before we ended up in the same session. The 28 matched I've done represent roughly half of the times I tried to get a player match going. The other half simply never worked with the other guy.
My internet signal strength is as always 100 percent, and I've done port-forwarding. Fix the damn match-maker.