PDA

View Full Version : Yet another stupid question...

pmckelvy
02-01-2005, 05:26 PM
The corsair. I know it's heavy, but how do you get it off the deck? I've got the flaps, the trim all the way up, wep, and I wait till the last minute to try to pull. But everytime the thing just dives left into the drink. I'm pretty sure it's not my ignorance (lol) so it must be a game bug. Any tips would be great, I looked around but the search on the forums brought me a bunch of wierd stuff. Help please.

pmckelvy
02-01-2005, 05:26 PM
The corsair. I know it's heavy, but how do you get it off the deck? I've got the flaps, the trim all the way up, wep, and I wait till the last minute to try to pull. But everytime the thing just dives left into the drink. I'm pretty sure it's not my ignorance (lol) so it must be a game bug. Any tips would be great, I looked around but the search on the forums brought me a bunch of wierd stuff. Help please.

Airmail109
02-01-2005, 05:51 PM
your either pulling up to hard....stalling and dipping a wing....or your flaming. But as I said.......I dont want anyone in this thread to get mardy thinking this guys a CFS3 chappy flaming...he may not be. Youll get the hang of it......it definately isnt a game bug mate. You may not have trimmed your plane correctly.

JR_Greenhorn
02-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Are you flying from a CV or a CVE?
Is the CV stationary?
What kind of fuel and bombloads are you working with?
Do you let the engine fully run up before releasing either the chocks or brakes?
Can you take off from a CV with other plane types?

pmckelvy
02-01-2005, 07:41 PM
I've had no problems taking off or landing other planes, although the SBD is tricky to land. I was just kidding with the game bug comment as I'm sure there's just a trick that I haven't tried. I've just tried the training missions as of yet so I'll guess I'll just try different settings. And by the way I've only played CFS3 a handfull of times before I realized it sucked compared to this. FYI

horseback
02-01-2005, 10:08 PM
What kind of rudder inputs are you applying? The pulling off to the left comment makes it sound like it might be a torque issue. AFIK, there is no provision for autorudder in FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters like in the MSCFS sims. You have to compensate for the engine torque as you roll down the runway/deck.

cheers

horseback

73GIAP_Milan
02-02-2005, 12:29 PM
from my CFS 2 experiences; holding the brakes and running up the throttle helps too...

it might just give that littlebit you need..

hope it helps