PDA

View Full Version : Bombing in b25J online, is it possible?

vapors201
08-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi all,
A friend and I have been playing coop missions online and for the life of us, we cannot get the bombsite in a B25J to come up like it does when we are in an offline mission. It does not matter if we are in the same plane or are in seperate aircraft.

Any ideas? BTW we are flying PF standalone with the latest patch.

Thanks in advance,

vapors

Oh, I forgot to mention - we have been using Shift F1 and when manning the same plane, the person in the nose position puts the gun on auto. We have tried engaging the autoleveler as well but no matter what we do - cant get a bombsite to come up.

vapors201
08-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi all,
A friend and I have been playing coop missions online and for the life of us, we cannot get the bombsite in a B25J to come up like it does when we are in an offline mission. It does not matter if we are in the same plane or are in seperate aircraft.

Any ideas? BTW we are flying PF standalone with the latest patch.

Thanks in advance,

vapors

Oh, I forgot to mention - we have been using Shift F1 and when manning the same plane, the person in the nose position puts the gun on auto. We have tried engaging the autoleveler as well but no matter what we do - cant get a bombsite to come up.

SaQSoN
08-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Only pilot can use the bombsight in multiplay. Those people, who join the game as gunners, can only use gunstations, but can not switch to the pilot or bombardier positions.
This is the engine limitation.

HotelBushranger
08-04-2005, 02:08 AM
And the bombadier I presume?

vapors201
08-04-2005, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SaQSoN:
Only pilot can use the bombsight in multiplay. Those people, who join the game as gunners, can only use gunstations, but can not switch to the pilot or bombardier positions.
This is the engine limitation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgive me if I appear dense, but can you be more specific? How does the pilot bring the bombsite up? Shift F1 does not seem to be doing the job while online. As I mentioned in my post, neither the pilot or bombadier (I am assuming the person in the nose position is the bombadier) is able to bring the bombsite up. We can't figure out what we are doing wrong. As I said, we can bomb offline. Just not while flying cooperative.

Thanks in advance,

Vapors

Kernow
08-04-2005, 10:32 AM
If you can do it offline that ought to work online. So long as you're doing the same things you're doing it right. I don't know why it doesn't work, however.

Sorry can't be more help, but thought I'd clear up any potential misunderstanding with previous replies, as it's clear you do know what you are supposed to do; it just isn't working. Can only suggest trying again on and offline just to be certain you are doing the same things each time.

WWSensei
08-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Due to the way it is implemented the "nose gunner" and "bombadier" are the same--but only for the pilot. A second person in the nose gunner position can not bring up the bombsite. The pilot has to change to position 2 and THEN use shift-F1 to bring up the bombsight.

vapors201
08-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks everyone that has chimed in. It does clear some things up for me. I was under the impression that a second person could in fact get into position 2 and act as bombadier online. That's not the case. What a pity. As for why I cannot do the same when flying as the pilot, I am going to have to more research. Seems so weird that it will work offline but not online. But then again, I have had PF change its behavior between reboots, so maybe something just wasnt quite right those times my friend and I hooked up on line.

Once again though, I really appreciate you guys taking the time to post.

Salute!

Vapors