PDA

View Full Version : Turn off Carrier AAA

Bagella
10-29-2004, 03:26 AM
Anybody know if you can and how to turn off the carrier AAA in order to reduce system load on on-line maps? I know you can minimise the distance at which it is triggered, but can you shut it off totally?

Destraex
10-29-2004, 03:43 AM
you can make ships sleep, I made a pearl harbour coop mission where all ships slept for 15mins before opening up

Bagella
10-29-2004, 04:05 AM
Cool-thanks

But how?
and can you do it on the normal DF maps one would use on a server? I presume I have to use Static Carriers for these maps?

Dirt_312
10-29-2004, 05:49 AM
The mission builder will have to do it when he makes the mission. In the objects viewer when you place a ship you will see a box marked "sleep" with hours/minutes. Just fill in the box for the amount of time you want them to sleep. If the mission is a long mission use the time on the waypoint for the aircaft to figure out how long to sleep or if you dont want them to fire at all use the landing time waypoint and add a little to it for cushion.

Bagella
10-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Cheers Dirt - much appreciated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

plumps_
10-29-2004, 11:37 AM
From an email I received from Oleg this morning:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There is a "bug" that we found yesterday. when we were completely reworked
the functions of ships AAA.
In add-on there will be very good tunings for level and in additional -
activity. This was neccessary for the online play by requests of several
players that plays coops, etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zeus-cat
10-29-2004, 11:41 AM
I tried the sleep thing last night and it didn't seem to work properly on a US carrier. I was in a Rufe and I had to run for my life. Really hard to do in a Rufe btw!

Is this the bug Oleg mentions?

Zeus-cat