PDA

View Full Version : Why the fire?

Pl-Destroy
11-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Anyone else notice that the torches and lamps are all lit in this game? There are no dark areas.

It's full bright daylight sun for cripes sake!!!

I'd bet money they took out the night maps of AC1 and are using them in AC2 instead. And they'll give a new Cat Vision along with the Eagle Vision.

Pl-Destroy
11-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Anyone else notice that the torches and lamps are all lit in this game? There are no dark areas.

It's full bright daylight sun for cripes sake!!!

I'd bet money they took out the night maps of AC1 and are using them in AC2 instead. And they'll give a new Cat Vision along with the Eagle Vision.

cooldude6681
11-27-2007, 12:35 PM
The only torches and lamps I remember seeing were inside buildings. It's 1135 here and I've got the light in my room on. How is that any different?

Pl-Destroy
11-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Open your eyes more. Tons of torches and fire pots all over.

Hospital is only 'building' you can enter that I've seen. Makes sense there of course.

MiniAssasin
11-27-2007, 01:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pl-Destroy:
Open your eyes more. Tons of torches and fire pots all over.

Hospital is only 'building' you can enter that I've seen. Makes sense there of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe its cold lol, city heating :P

Pr0metheus 1962
11-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Many of the avenues in a Medieval city are very narrow - much narrower than our modern cities. They use torches during the day because most of the alleys are in shadow.

Pl-Destroy
11-27-2007, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beeryus:
Many of the avenues in a Medieval city are very narrow - much narrower than our modern cities. They use torches during the day because most of the alleys are in shadow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In real life yeah I guess this could happen on a rainy, cloudy grey day but everything is midday sun in this game. Everything is sooo bright.

Plus alot of the torches are right out in the open or in court yard areas.

cooldude6681
11-27-2007, 01:18 PM
They must be there for aesthetic purposes, then.

bukowski113
11-27-2007, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude6681:
They must be there for aesthetic purposes, then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feng Shui yo!

Also given that everyone wasn't exactly walking around with a Zippo in their pocket keeping them burning all day as opposed to relighting every night might make more sense.

But I'm no historian.

Stillzero
11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bukowski113:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude6681:
They must be there for aesthetic purposes, then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feng Shui yo!

Also given that everyone wasn't exactly walking around with a Zippo in their pocket keeping them burning all day as opposed to relighting every night might make more sense.

But I'm no historian. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What no LED flashlights either ? They're like.. so behind on everything !