PDA

View Full Version : How I think notoriety should work in AC3, tell me what you think.

aludrac
12-18-2010, 09:39 AM
I just had a few thoughts on how, if I were to make AC3, notoriety would work.

First of all it would work like AC1; the guards would act more aggressively as you progressed through the story and as you got more famous. There would be no more taking down wanted posters and bribing street cries (though I think you should still see these as you get more notorious), but rather you would buy different articles of clothing and no longer wear armor.

Assuming the series moves forward in history it is going to be harder to justify a character wearing armor (Ezio looked out of place enough), so instead of armor upgrades, have him spend his money on different outfit "disguise" pieces (hat/cowl, cloak/coat, gloves, shirt and boots) that will lower his active notoriety, as well as provide other bonuses, like decrease guard sight distance, increase the character's run speed, reduce the chase circle (having options to reduce these means they should also make everything in the game a little bit more challenging) and so on.

Perhaps they could make it so you can choose whether you want to wear white clad ninja-hawk assassin robes to aid in running above buildings, a heavy cloak to hold more concealed throwing knives and smoke bombs or street clothing that is better suited to blending into crowds, so you would want to think about if what you are wearing is best suited for the type of mission you are on.

As for your health bar, that should be tied directly to your sync %, since that is what it is supposed to represent in the first place, and this would actually give you a good reason to try and get 100% sync.

What do you think?

aludrac
12-18-2010, 09:39 AM
I just had a few thoughts on how, if I were to make AC3, notoriety would work.

First of all it would work like AC1; the guards would act more aggressively as you progressed through the story and as you got more famous. There would be no more taking down wanted posters and bribing street cries (though I think you should still see these as you get more notorious), but rather you would buy different articles of clothing and no longer wear armor.

Assuming the series moves forward in history it is going to be harder to justify a character wearing armor (Ezio looked out of place enough), so instead of armor upgrades, have him spend his money on different outfit "disguise" pieces (hat/cowl, cloak/coat, gloves, shirt and boots) that will lower his active notoriety, as well as provide other bonuses, like decrease guard sight distance, increase the character's run speed, reduce the chase circle (having options to reduce these means they should also make everything in the game a little bit more challenging) and so on.

Perhaps they could make it so you can choose whether you want to wear white clad ninja-hawk assassin robes to aid in running above buildings, a heavy cloak to hold more concealed throwing knives and smoke bombs or street clothing that is better suited to blending into crowds, so you would want to think about if what you are wearing is best suited for the type of mission you are on.

As for your health bar, that should be tied directly to your sync %, since that is what it is supposed to represent in the first place, and this would actually give you a good reason to try and get 100% sync.

What do you think?

LordWolv
12-18-2010, 11:09 AM
I personally prefer the current Notoriety stuff. However, I do think the idea of differant capes and clothes to hide weapons would be a great idea. As I've noticed alot that with all that armor and weapons.. Well, if I was a guard and saw Ezio running past me like that I'd follow him atleast.

Thrawn526
12-18-2010, 11:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:
I personally prefer the current Notoriety stuff. However, I do think the idea of differant capes and clothes to hide weapons would be a great idea. As I've noticed alot that with all that armor and weapons.. Well, if I was a guard and saw Ezio running past me like that I'd follow him atleast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Hmm...there goes a guy carrying more weapons and armor than most of the guards in the army combined. Nothing odd about that, moving on."

LordWolv
12-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Exactly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Also, realisticly, because Ezio is the main enemy of the Borgia wouldn't EVERY guard be shown a picture of him, and told to attack on sight? If Cesare had a brain (which actually he didn't, seeing as he's a bunch of pixels) then he'd do that.

Inorganic9_2
12-18-2010, 12:12 PM
The current notoriety stuff is good, but I think it needs progression. Going from completely incognito to completely notorious is a bit weird. Kill loads of guards and nobody knows who you are, but kill one more and suddenly every guard in the city can recognise you on sight. I think that you should kill a few and perhaps a % of guards would recognise you, culminating in 100% of guards recognising you when you reach full notoriety

I do think less conspicuous clothing is required and definately clothing changes. For example, if someone witnessed an assassin kill someone and say "he was wearing white robes and a cape over his left arm" etc., surely the guards would notice someone fitting that description!?

Black_Widow9
12-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Please post this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>