PDA

View Full Version : what happened to the amazing crowd ideas

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 01:46 PM
you know the screenie of various scenarioes of civilians blocking off streets if they dont like you, telling guards which way you went

if they liked you they would let you thorough but block off the guards

or surround you and point the guards down a different street.

---
what are we left with 4 people dotted about that may drag a few guards

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 01:46 PM
you know the screenie of various scenarioes of civilians blocking off streets if they dont like you, telling guards which way you went

if they liked you they would let you thorough but block off the guards

or surround you and point the guards down a different street.

---
what are we left with 4 people dotted about that may drag a few guards

Piecycle
11-17-2007, 01:49 PM
I dont remember hearing about any of that...and I followed the game pretty closely for a while, but I could be wrong.

Lhorkan
11-17-2007, 01:54 PM
It wasn't a screenie, but a little graphic that showed the ideas Mini is talking about.

Piecycle
11-17-2007, 02:00 PM
could you post said graphic? It sounds like an awesome idea for the game..to bad they didn't implement it.

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Piecycle:
could you post said graphic? It sounds like an awesome idea for the game..to bad they didn't implement it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

um well i followed it too closely and didnt see it, but i stumbled in it in a thread..to google brb

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 02:09 PM
its in here posted by someone

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7...791087595#1791087595 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7961077595?r=1791087595#1791087595)

Piecycle
11-17-2007, 02:17 PM
That does seem pretty cool. I was under the impression that Ubisoft was the one that was talking about that feature.

MangyForestCat
11-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Not only those types of things but how about the crowd reporting to the guards when you start climbing up the sheer vertical wall of a building?

How about the guards actually REACTING to when you climb up the side of a building right in front of them.

How about the guards not being completely ******ed when you kill their buddy who is standing two feet away from him. They don't react, why might you ask? Because apparently bowing your head, cupping your hands, and walking slowly makes you invisible.

How about the crowds referencing what you've been doing? Something like Oblivion when you accomplish great things everybody discusses it. The streets are freaking full of mindless ******ed zombies. I would like some random dialog on things I've done. Nobody has noticed this rash of killings of important people? How about the entire city talking about how the head doctor of the Hospitaleers was killed inside his own haven in front of all his guards.

Something like...

Random Peasant #1: "Did you hear that the Doctor of Acre was killed in cold blood in front of his own guards?"

Random Peasant #2: "Yes, I've heard rumors that it was a hashashin. They've been a plague upon this land ever since they set up camp at Mt.Masyaf"

Something to make you realize that the citizens aren't just mindless zombies walking around like idiots going nowhere and doing nothing...

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 02:25 PM
i just wana know where the ideas went, i was under the impression this was fact.

MangyForestCat
11-17-2007, 02:27 PM
It went directly to the bank. Jade Raymond is swimming in money now.

Jade Raymond promised much more than she could deliver. As it stands this is a run of the mill action adventure game.

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MangyForestCat:

Jade Raymond promised much more than she could deliver. As it stands this is a run of the mill action adventure game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are aware jade raymond didnt make this game all by herself...just by the way you haters are screaming about jade raymond for ome obscure reason

Tela
11-17-2007, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MangyForestCat:

Jade Raymond promised much more than she could deliver. As it stands this is a run of the mill action adventure game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are aware jade raymond didnt make this game all by herself...just by the way you haters are screaming about jade raymond for ome obscure reason </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In an interview/video she mentioned that she wasn't sure why she was getting so much attention. She is the PRODUCER. Others would certainly help in making a game, I think. ^^

T_Spoon_UK
11-17-2007, 02:39 PM
I was wondering the same thing...

The A.I in this game is... laughable. I'm afraid to say.

MangyForestCat
11-17-2007, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
In an interview/video she mentioned that she wasn't sure why she was getting so much attention. She is the PRODUCER. Others would certainly help in making a game, I think. ^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, because she was the one that showed off the game at EVERY SINGLE DAMN PUBLIC EVENT.

Maybe because in every damn picture of the development team she's always in front and 20 feet behind her are the other 120+ programmers/artists?

Maybe because the engine that was built specificaly for this game is called the JADE Engine.

Maybe because she's always said this is her game and that she wanted to make since she left Sony so many years ago.

Yeah, maybe it's because all of those, or not... I could be wrong of course...

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 02:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
In an interview/video she mentioned that she wasn't sure why she was getting so much attention. She is the PRODUCER. Others would certainly help in making a game, I think. ^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, because she was the one that showed off the game at EVERY SINGLE DAMN PUBLIC EVENT.

Maybe because in every damn picture of the development team she's always in front and 120 plus people at always 20 feet behind her?

Maybe because the engine that was built specificaly for this game is called the JADE Engine.

Maybe because she's always said this is her game and that she had been thinking of doing since she worked at Sony so many years ago.

Yeah, maybe it's because all of those, or not... I could be wrong of course... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes you are wrong in alot of ways shes the producer but not everything is decided by her. at the end of the day the people who work on the various aspecsare in control of what can or cant be done, what would be best.

Tela
11-17-2007, 02:49 PM

Maybe because in every damn picture of the development team she's always in front and 20 feet behind her are the other 120+ programmers/artists?

Maybe because she's always said this is her game and that she had been thinking of doing since she worked at Sony so many years ago.

Yeah, maybe it's because all of those, or not... I could be wrong of course... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe. ^^

But, still....others could have become just as popular as she. Like, oh I don't know... a director? Or the one who came up with the story? (unless, of course, it was many people)

MangyForestCat
11-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Maybe. ^^

But, still....others could have become just as popular as she. Like, oh I don't know... a director? Or the one who came up with the story? (unless, of course, it was many people) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She said that she came up with the story. She had read the book Alamut by Vladimir Bartol and she was inspired to make this game.

Assassin's Creed is her game. Anything wrong with it is her fault.

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Maybe. ^^

But, still....others could have become just as popular as she. Like, oh I don't know... a director? Or the one who came up with the story? (unless, of course, it was many people) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She said that she came up with the story. She had read the book Alamut by Vladimir Bartol and she was inspired to make this game.

Assassin's Creed is her game. Anything wrong with it is her fault. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

she didnt come up with or make the story

your faccts are completly messed up

MangyForestCat
11-17-2007, 02:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiniAssasin:

your faccts are completly messed up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can prove it. You give me proof first of who came up with the story then.

Prove me wrong that she didn't come up with the story.

Tela
11-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Maybe. ^^

Assassin's Creed is her game. Anything wrong with it is her fault. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, so the story idea was hers. But there's still this thought that OTHERS helped make the game as well. Just because a game has a few flaws(give or take) does NOT necessarily mean that it's all her fault. Others may have had ideas that they put in, too.

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 02:57 PM

your faccts are completly messed up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can prove it. You give me proof first of who came up with the story then.

Prove me wrong that she didn't come up with the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

roll the credits for solid proof but check out this line

Ever since the game's first unveiling, she's been getting a lot of attention (Even more so than the game's creative director and story writer Patrice Desilets).

FableB
11-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm not surprised, because this is far from being the first time UBI promises and then ignore what they said.

BTOG46
11-17-2007, 02:58 PM

I could be wrong of course... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Showing off the game is part of the producers job.....

She's in front because that's where the boss usually is.

I was under the impression the engine was called the "Scimitar" engine.

Most producers, be they film, stage or game producers regard the project as theirs.

MangyForestCat
11-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Trust me Tela. I didn't come to these forums by accident. I haven't just stumbled in here to cause a ruckus. I didn't blow in with the wind.

I have been following this game since it was announced at X05 when its name was Project Assassin. In fact I was following this game when the original Prince of Persia team said they weren't going to make the sequels but instead work on a next generation game. I know everything there is to know about this game.

That plus way too much damn information about Jade Raymond.... That came accidentally. Since she wouldn't shut the hell up when she was presenting the damn game.

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 02:59 PM
just incase he missed it the story writer and creative directer is Patrice Desilets

Tela
11-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Trust me Tela. I didn't come to these forums by accident. I haven't just stumbled in here to cause a ruckus. I didn't blow in with the wind.

I have been following this game since it was announced at X05 when its name was Project Assassin. In fact I was following this game when the original Prince of Persia team said they weren't going to make the sequels but instead work on a next generation game. I know everything there is to know about this game.

That plus way too much damn information about Jade Raymond.... That came accidentally. Since she wouldn't shut the hell up when she was presenting the damn game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wonderful that you've been following it for so long. And, like has been said before, you ARE entitled to your own opinions. All I'm trying to do is get you to leave the poor producer alone for a bit. She made a game. People love it. This is more than can be said for what I'm sure are HUNDREDS of other titles. That's all.

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 03:04 PM

That plus way too much damn information about Jade Raymond.... That came accidentally. Since she wouldn't shut the hell up when she was presenting the damn game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wonderful that you've been following it for so long. And, like has been said before, you ARE entitled to your own opinions. All I'm trying to do is get you to leave the poor producer alone for a bit. She made a game. People love it. This is more than can be said for what I'm sure are HUNDREDS of other titles. That's all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i just need to make it perfectly clear that jade raymond wasnt the only person working on the game its hundreds of people

foor those blaming her for the story go ***** about patrice desilets, get ya facts right at least

and no its not called the Jade engine

robatubisoft
11-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Jade did exactly what she is paid to do. Be cute and promote games, in this case, Assassins Creed. Getting mad at her is like getting mad at Captain Crunch because your cereal didn't have a prize in it. It's not the Captain's fault.

Tela
11-17-2007, 08:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robatubisoft:
Jade did exactly what she is paid to do. Be cute and promote games, in this case, Assassins Creed. Getting mad at her is like getting mad at Captain Crunch because your cereal didn't have a prize in it. It's not the Captain's fault. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Interesting way of putting it.