PDA

View Full Version : Graphics worse than Ac1!!!

ezio-simoli
08-29-2009, 01:14 AM
is it just me or is the graphics in ac2 worse than what we experienced in ac1?.

I KNOW there still in development but seriously after watching all the gameplay movies in florence it looks super glitchy and terrible. please,PLEASEcorrect this for the game.

ezio-simoli
08-29-2009, 01:14 AM
is it just me or is the graphics in ac2 worse than what we experienced in ac1?.

I KNOW there still in development but seriously after watching all the gameplay movies in florence it looks super glitchy and terrible. please,PLEASEcorrect this for the game.

Xanatos2007
08-29-2009, 01:28 AM
This topic has been brought up before, and we concluded that it was the poor video quality. If you look at the screenshots there is a lot more detail and further draw distance than in AC1. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

FROGGEman2
08-29-2009, 04:03 AM
Visually, I prefer it. But, I don't see why graphics are this important, anyway.

...Also, you say "worse than ac1" like AC1 was bad :P

SharkMRX
08-29-2009, 04:44 AM
The graphics dont look that bad but in the florence gameplay when you swing at the flower pot around the corner you see people popping up out of nowhere so the drawingsdistance hasnt increase that much I hope its better in the real game
But the team has still 2.5 months to fully polish the game so we dont need to worrie

kew414
08-29-2009, 04:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FROGGEman2:
Visually, I prefer it. But, I don't see why graphics are this important, anyway.

...Also, you say "worse than ac1" like AC1 was bad :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So you can play it on your 100000inch TV! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

caswallawn_2k7
08-29-2009, 06:07 AM
the most important part of a game is the story, the graphics add very little. but to behonest the graphics from AC2 look better there is alot more detail on just about everything, so of course it is going to look jerky now as they will still be working on optimising it for each system.

as for people popping out of nowere that happens in the majority of games with high draw distances as it takes alot of power to render the amount of people that would be in the visibal area so they cut out the ones far enough away that it wont realy affect your gameplay.

Gazman16
08-29-2009, 06:14 AM
It is just you.

A little technical talk here, but a little pop-up on a demo version of the game is not a graphical problem, it is a coding problem, as we have seen in other videos no other draw distance issues, and the items and people further away from the popping up models are still visible. Therefore this is a bug.

On top of this, Assassins II offers full global illumination (changing day night cycles etc.) and weather patterns. we have seen a clear night in venice, the misty morning in Florence is a puposeful atmosphere.

Lastly, just look at the resolution of the textures and the details on the character models, particularily Ezio.

here is an image of florence, you tell me this is worse looking than AC1...

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5168/assassinscreed2001.jpg

caswallawn_2k7
08-29-2009, 06:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by c-swain:
You have to remember, this game is coming out in November. Yes, the last month of work will most likely be taken up with producing the CD's and shipping the units to the different countries.
But that still leaves 2 whole months.

This "build" of the game was probably quickly put together using the coding for florence and its surroundings, and then put aside for the demo while the rest of the team carried on working their socks off on the full build. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
they dont actualy ships the disc's round the world, the discs are pressed in the reigon they belong to, this why you can find multiple games in europe that are published by a differant firm to america as the american firm doesnt have a disc press shop in europe meaning they pay another firm to do it for them.

but even so this can take maybe a couple of weeeks as pressing a load of disc's insnt exactly a massive job and since they are alreay in riegon they can be from the factory to stores in a few days. but even so just because the disc's are being pressed doesnt mean the game is finnished, it just means the console players get a chance to experiance something that has ****ed off PC players for years "the day 1 patch"

caswallawn_2k7
08-29-2009, 06:32 AM
still my point is it's not going to take long as it only takes a few seconds to press a disc. it's nothing like burning them on a PC were it takes a while.

ezio316
08-29-2009, 06:35 AM
look at the E3 demo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ureh
08-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Actually, to be more exact...
The game isn't coming out till 2 months 19 days 17 hours and 20 minutes from now.

lol and look at that screenie. Ezio can pick up a guard with the spear.

thekyle0
08-29-2009, 07:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by c-swain:
Ooo... talking about this picture [above], i want to know if you can walk across that ropey looking thing that appears to be hanging between the two tiled rooves closest to us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes you can. I'm looking for the source right now.

Danvish
08-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Actually, I think there's a slight difference between the colours from the E3 demo, and what we have been showed in the dev diaries and the gamescom demo. The colours in the E3 demo looks much like in AC 1, however, in the gamescom and dev diaries, the colours look much more lively.

theboyofcheese
09-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Seriously? It looked kick *** to me. ._.

TheEpicWolf
09-02-2009, 09:46 AM
The first thing we seen was the CG clip of Ezio assassinating the masked man, then it was the gameplay demo at E3 where you seen basic gameplay however awesome. The newest so far was the one with the underground part and they clearly improved on it since the E3 demo. So on Thursday when the new trailer is released if there's gameplay it will no doubt look better than last time we seen gameplay because although they have plenty of time to finish it they will continually improve until they can do no more, and IMO AC1 character models seemed quite solid(especially Altair) so if Ubi does even half as a good as that then i'll be happy but we can be sure it will rock no matter what http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TheEpicWolf
09-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Sorry for the rant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

j_lx13
09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
i don't know where you saw that the graphics in AC2 were worst than AC1 but i'm sure it was a bad quality video because the graphics are much better than AC1

Danvish
09-02-2009, 12:03 PM
I do agree in the Dev Diaries the colours look kinda bad, and the blood looks too much painted. But that was just movies.

davethepaveway
09-02-2009, 12:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
This topic has been brought up before, and we concluded that it was the poor video quality. If you look at the screenshots there is a lot more detail and further draw distance than in AC1. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounding like the monitering staff there ... good job i think

Badgerblitz
09-06-2009, 10:31 PM
I think the graphics look saweeet and dont know what ppl who say they suck are talking about. Really looking forward to this game!