PDA

View Full Version : May I have installed vanilla version and GWX?

BelegDraug
07-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi!
I was reinstalling SH· vanilla just to play with GWX. But first, I make a copy of my "old" SH3 vanilla install...
The question is simple: may I play with both "folders", GWX or vanilla, separately? For example, I want to star a new career on GWX, but keepin' my original vanilla career.
THX for advance...

And greetings from Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA

BelegDraug
07-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi!
I was reinstalling SH· vanilla just to play with GWX. But first, I make a copy of my "old" SH3 vanilla install...
The question is simple: may I play with both "folders", GWX or vanilla, separately? For example, I want to star a new career on GWX, but keepin' my original vanilla career.
THX for advance...

And greetings from Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA

Maverick_U2007
07-21-2007, 05:15 AM
It is easy to do.

Make a copy of the SH3 game and rename the folder ie Grey Wolves. Then you need to get MULTI SH3 the location of which is shown in the sticky 'how to etc'.

Run that and give it a three letter title for 'my documents folder'. (If you look in my documents you will see a folder SH3 which holds all the career details for your original game) The new folder can be any 3 letters other than SH3

Then download GWX...it is currently modded to GWX 1.03 and then run that in the path that goes to your newly created folder ie C/....program files/ubisoft/Grey Wolves

Then run it. Then load the game and play. It is a teriffic mod as is 'War Ace Campaign'. You can have as many version running as you want so long as you keep making copies of the original game and then using the Multi SH3 to create the new save file for your careers etc.. The original game though does have to be patched to 1.4.

Have fun