PDA

View Full Version : "New shop items unlocked". SPOILERS!

Froberg
04-02-2011, 02:36 AM
I got this message after beating the final sequences in Rome.

I must say, this confuses me a bit? I never got the option to actually purchase anything, I just had to carry that silly apple around.

Oh well, game's uninstalled now, just curious if anyone actually ever got these items.

Froberg
04-02-2011, 02:36 AM

I must say, this confuses me a bit? I never got the option to actually purchase anything, I just had to carry that silly apple around.

Oh well, game's uninstalled now, just curious if anyone actually ever got these items.

Acherrum
04-02-2011, 02:39 AM
Yes, after you actually finish the game ...
You finished the last sequence only partially if you're still running around with the apple.

Guess you uninstalled a little to early http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ostracized
04-02-2011, 08:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Froberg:

Oh well, game's uninstalled now, just curious if anyone actually ever got these items. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by faidh:
You finished the last sequence only partially if you're still running around with the apple.

Guess you uninstalled a little to early http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOLOL Man people are so impatient now-a-days the guy uninstalled before even finishing the game?? LOL

Froberg
04-03-2011, 05:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by faidh:

Guess you uninstalled a little to early http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naw, I finished it. It's just after I got the "shop items unlocked" I was just fast-forwarded to various apple missions, then the battle and end-game.. then back to the real world.
At no point did I find out if I could actually buy these new items.

This is what confuses me. Is it something I could have unlocked earlier, by doing something special?
I didn't bother with flags etc. so much, but I did all the mercenary, assassin, courtesan and thieves guild missions.. Romulus etc.

I just wondered why I got "new items unlocked" and only had cutscenes and apple-mania to "look forward" to. (Honestly, I'd rather have used my weapons than that lame apple!)

ace3001
04-03-2011, 05:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Froberg:

Naw, I finished it. It's just after I got the "shop items unlocked" I was just fast-forwarded to various apple missions, then the battle and end-game.. then back to the real world.
At no point did I find out if I could actually buy these new items.

This is what confuses me. Is it something I could have unlocked earlier, by doing something special?
I didn't bother with flags etc. so much, but I did all the mercenary, assassin, courtesan and thieves guild missions.. Romulus etc.

I just wondered why I got "new items unlocked" and only had cutscenes and apple-mania to "look forward" to. (Honestly, I'd rather have used my weapons than that lame apple!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, the story isn't the whole game. Once the credits roll, you'll be back in Rome, with loads more stuff to do. That is where you'll use those items. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mozafaka69
04-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Amen to that, i'm about 80% done with the game so far, and as the story-line part goes, 1 mission is still IMPOSSIBLE for me to synch 100% and that is the "Tank" mission in the "Da Vinci Dissapearance" ... HOW THE HELL am I supposed to "not get hit while in the tank" at ALL!?!?!

DragynfyreX
04-03-2011, 03:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mozafaka69:
Amen to that, i'm about 80% done with the game so far, and as the story-line part goes, 1 mission is still IMPOSSIBLE for me to synch 100% and that is the "Tank" mission in the "Da Vinci Dissapearance" ... HOW THE HELL am I supposed to "not get hit while in the tank" at ALL!?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check on Youtube. There is a glitch that you can exploit for the last tank battle with the 2 tanks. Also I've found that when you're going through a memory the first time the checkpoints will still take effect even if you quit the game. Using this trick you can exit the game after getting to a checkpoint and you can back up your save file to another location. If you fail the 100% sync just exit the game and copy the game save back and you can start from the checkpoint again. If you've already 50% synced the mission then you're out of luck and the glitch is your only hope.

ace3001
04-03-2011, 10:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mozafaka69:
Amen to that, i'm about 80% done with the game so far, and as the story-line part goes, 1 mission is still IMPOSSIBLE for me to synch 100% and that is the "Tank" mission in the "Da Vinci Dissapearance" ... HOW THE HELL am I supposed to "not get hit while in the tank" at ALL!?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Isn't that a Leonardo's Machines mission? I don't remember such a thing in Da Vinci Disappearance.

Froberg
04-04-2011, 09:34 AM
@kolitha.kuruppu;

I escaped out of the credits, and got sent to the main screen.
Besides, it would totally ruin the immersion if I was somehow back in the Animus since it's packed up inside a van.. C'mon. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Oh well, guess it's not important since I did most everything anyway, and I'm in it for the story, not the multiplayer.

Amen to that, i'm about 80% done with the game so far, and as the story-line part goes, 1 mission is still IMPOSSIBLE for me to synch 100% and that is the "Tank" mission in the "Da Vinci Dissapearance" ... HOW THE HELL am I supposed to "not get hit while in the tank" at ALL!?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found shooting almost everything from outside worked wonders, then taking on the two tanks while driving around a bit.. Somehow I got away with it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ace3001
04-04-2011, 10:35 AM
@kolitha.kuruppu;

Besides, it would totally ruin the immersion if I was somehow back in the Animus since it's packed up inside a van.. C'mon. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not really. Didn't you at least wait for the final dialogue between William M and an unknown person?

Froberg
04-05-2011, 09:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
@kolitha.kuruppu;

Besides, it would totally ruin the immersion if I was somehow back in the Animus since it's packed up inside a van.. C'mon. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not really. Didn't you at least wait for the final dialogue between William M and an unknown person? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, like I said. When I saw credits rolling and nothing appeared to happen, I escaped out and just got the main screen.

ace3001
04-05-2011, 09:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
@kolitha.kuruppu;

Besides, it would totally ruin the immersion if I was somehow back in the Animus since it's packed up inside a van.. C'mon. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not really. Didn't you at least wait for the final dialogue between William M and an unknown person? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, like I said. When I saw credits rolling and nothing appeared to happen, I escaped out and just got the main screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You missed the ending of the story, then. Did you at least play the Da Vinci Disappearance?

Froberg
04-06-2011, 09:44 AM
@kolitha.kuruppu;

No, like I said. When I saw credits rolling and nothing appeared to happen, I escaped out and just got the main screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You missed the ending of the story, then. Did you at least play the Da Vinci Disappearance? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No idea, I did all "L" missions and anything story related that popped up on the map.
Can't remember specific mission names, but if it happens after the END CREDITS roll, then no.

I wasn't aware that stuff could happen after end credits, and even if it does, I shouldn't be punished for escaping out of those?

ace3001
04-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Sadly, that's something Ubi likes to do. Didn't you play AC2?
Oh, and TDVD is a set of story missions, that you have to unlock (for free, 0 points) on UPlay. Can be played anywhere after Sequence 3. Even after credits.

Smok3y72
04-06-2011, 10:14 PM
I got the same message after beating the game and I had 100%, I went to all the stores and saw nothing new. I'm guessing it's either a glitch or the wording of what is unlocked is wrong.

iMBUE_
04-07-2011, 11:28 PM
No, like I said. When I saw credits rolling and nothing appeared to happen, I escaped out and just got the main screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you played through the whole game. Took the time to collect the flags and 100% synchronize everything. Are truly dedicated to the game and are in love with the story and characters. You would have sat through the end credits.

Isn't sitting through end credits video game law?

Froberg
04-08-2011, 07:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wraith_05:
No, like I said. When I saw credits rolling and nothing appeared to happen, I escaped out and just got the main screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you played through the whole game. Took the time to collect the flags and 100% synchronize everything. Are truly dedicated to the game and are in love with the story and characters. You would have sat through the end credits.

Isn't sitting through end credits video game law? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did I say I synchronized everything? I like the gameplay, killing people in inventive ways (Since Hitman hasn't come out with a new instalment for a long time, this is a good alternative.) and the scenery. I don't care particularly much for Ezio as a character, I preferred Altair more to be honest.

Regardless, I did all main story missions, romulus collected some flags when I came across them, got the feathers.. and the guild missions, oh - got all assassin's to level 10, too!

Regardless, I have never sat through the credits of any game - not even Bioware games that I adore to death.
Also, never got Uplay to work and it seemed it was only a requirement for online play, I guess I stand corrected.

iMBUE_
04-08-2011, 01:41 PM
I always sit through the credits, for fear that I will miss some integral, hidden part of the game, or that I will miss a save preserving my completion.

ace3001
04-09-2011, 09:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wraith_05:
I always sit through the credits, for fear that I will miss some integral, hidden part of the game, or that I will miss a save preserving my completion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This. However much I hate the devs for doing it to me, I too do it for these reasons.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-09-2011, 10:46 AM
painters sign the canvas,sculptors sign thier sculpts,writers sign thier books,and devs have the credits....

just knowing someone reads the credits and acknowledges thier work gives them a buzz.

i read every line of the credits,test me...go on,test me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif