PDA

View Full Version : how are you feel after playing AC? possible SPOILERS!

Siemirad
12-10-2007, 12:44 AM
I,ve just complited main game and all sub missions except flags and templars.
Yet I can tell you a lot abt this game and experience during gameplay, so let's start.

When I finished main game after 3 days I asked myself: ok, so probably this is some beta version but where is THE GAME? there wasn't another cd in the box so...

1. The game is SHORT and MONOTONY. after killing few targets I realize that there will be nothing new; all objectives are the same and the way it have to be done is the same, you can only decide; rush or stealth. Your targets almost always speaks to public you need to get close and kill. finding your targets are always the same schema: investigation -> beauro -> assassination. no more no less.#

2. game is TOO EASY! after few hours i become invincible enemies are poor and i can beat 20 of them at the time, all I need is counter attack - I don't use knifes or short sword - just dagger and sabre. Controls are simple (that's good) but enemies are not a challenge at all anywhere in the game (only one of last fights againts templars was tough). One of the best fights was in the harbour on the ship and small boats around - frowing enemies to the water was enjoyable, need to be careful not to drown yourself.

3. Character: NO CREATIVITY in the way you lead your hero. You cant improve him on your own, you cant change anything in his look or equipment. also there is no crossbow which you can see in the intro. Oh and this knife on his back, it's upsidedown! LOL

4. Sci-fi features... well this is the worst part. I can understend the scenario and all the animus that is a gift from aliens and silly genetic memories stuff with no connection to reality, but I was hopeing that i could enjoy the medieval climat anyway - but NOT. All the time there are this anoying digital aberrations and tiny texts and pictures that appears on the screen just for a second, also when you're lock on target and in many other situations... all that makes my eyes tired

5. Game FREEZES too often - it is anoying.

Overall:
Game is great, graphics, motion, free run, large beautifull world and spectacular fights makes this game unique but...

I,m disappointed, my expectations was to high... there is a lot of 'old generation' games for ps2 and xbox that are better.

ScytheOfGrim
12-10-2007, 12:47 AM
i Ar fEEl bRetEE GuD. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

lol, did you have to make a new thread? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Boo... hoo... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

MiniAssasin
12-10-2007, 01:31 AM
whats ur point about the knife being upside down?

Redpenguin
12-10-2007, 04:43 AM
What i feel is that this game pissed me off
spent a good time playign and now im stuck waiting for AC2
which god knows how long that might take
overall feeling is PISSED OFF

Ekko128
12-10-2007, 08:26 AM
yeah felt the same as the first guy in this forum.

the game was incredable but also disapointing
Free running was awesome and so was fighting but
after the 4th or 5th mission i realised there's not goin to be any changes to the assassinations and theres no motivation to collect the flags so why would you bother.

10/10 besides the repetativeness, short story and small choice in missions.

but i think Ubisoft will learn from this mistake and AC2 will be great!

sharkblaster
12-10-2007, 01:14 PM
There is motivation to get flags, if all you want to do is free run.

Siemirad
12-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
whats ur point about the knife being upside down?

Well if you would like to carry ur knife like Altair you would loose it after few steps especially if you would do this kind of evolutions like jumping and running. handguard need to be upwards it is also more comfortable to grab it from above of your shoulder than like Altair do it. Believe me im from country where lots of people carry knifes like Altair's and even bigger http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

z4ch117
12-11-2007, 12:28 AM
The Sci-fi element?? NO CONNECTION TO REALITY? Are you up to date with any science at all? Genetic memory IS a real life topic, with real life scientists and books and everything. LOOK IT UP. Furthermore,if you can't understand the scenario, then it's your own fault that you cant comprehend such a beautiful and intricate story. And as for the upside down dagger statement... yeah, it's upside down... so? Tons of things are upside down... :P

all_seeing_1978
12-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Well, I am on a second play through and I must say that I am happy with the game. I enjoyed almost everything that this game had to offer. I agree that the side missions lacked some variety, and that some portions of the AI left you scratching your head at times, but this was a first attempt at a new concept and it can only get better from here. I eagerly await AC2.

Creepy006
12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
How did you feel when you finished the game?

Disappointed

Captain_Spandex
12-11-2007, 12:21 PM
At first, when I beat it, I was extremely excited for Assassin's Creed 2... but then as I began to ruminate over the likely turn the story will take, I got a little less excited. It will likely be set in the present, or the future, or in some other locale than the 12th Century Holy Land. I'm just not interested in that. Most of the game has a great setting, and I found the sci-fi subplot more of an annoyance than a viable plot device. I found myself wanting deperately to be strapped into this torture device (that is, essentially, what the Animus amounts to), just so I could play as a medieval assassin.

In short - the possibility of a second game not including Altair pretty much ruined the ending for me, and the likelihood that I will purchase the sequel.

AirRon_2K7
12-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by sharkblaster:
There is motivation to get flags, if all you want to do is free run.

Yay, my fan is back http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Siemirad
12-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by all_seeing_1978:
Well, I am on a second play through and I must say that I am happy with the game. I enjoyed almost everything that this game had to offer. I agree that the side missions lacked some variety, and that some portions of the AI left you scratching your head at times, but this was a first attempt at a new concept and it can only get better from here. I eagerly await AC2.

I agree with you in this matter. I enjoyed the game also but there is too many things yet to be done. I hope that guys from ubi will look at threads like this one and make AC2 better - more entertaining.

PS. don't get me wrong guys: voice of criticism is most constructive voice.

Skilgannon1987
12-13-2007, 02:49 AM
I remember some director once saying 'never make a movie (or in this case, a game) with the thought of where it will carry on, simply make it so it is finished', and then find points within the storyline to elaborate on in the sequel. AC Didnt feel finished to me, Desmond is still in the same position as the beginning, nothing is solved.

Noimac
12-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Awesome.

I want AC2, I want more Desmond http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif... I actually loved the "sub"plot, and I'd love to have it emerge as the main plot. And I bett Altair will come into play somehow, I just don't have an idea how http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

robo3687
12-14-2007, 06:50 PM
in response to number 3.

there is no corssbow because it was cut from the game, yes its in the 'intro' but the intro is just the E3 trailer, which was made when the crossbow was still in the game.

the short sword is the way it is supposed to be...all altair has to do is reach around his body and pull it out....

its not impractical or stupid, it actually makes alot of sense

devilinblue22
12-15-2007, 12:34 AM
AC was deffinantly a leap in gaming the braniacs at ubi montreal invented an amazing new worl with great gameplay,graphics a new engine and a compleatly new genre. imagine where this new genre will be in the future it will branch and reachout to different games and stories AC was deffinantly revolutionary. now with that being said they have got a lot to work on to bring the actual gameplay up to par with the tech advances. i deffinantly loved the story, graphics, controls, environments and deffinantly the ending but people are right when they say its repetetive there were basicaly 4 or 5 missions that you replayed 50 times. and they deffinantly could add a skip cut scene button into the replay

LilithAzure
12-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I totally loved the gameplay, the graphics and of course, the story...is really deep in occultism.

Also, I ended wanting to be Altair's wife...how can't I fall for this guy?!...hahahaha....I wonder how many girls have played this game and feel the same as I do?...oh well...

but seriously, this is a good game (for me) and I expect to play the next AC if there will be one (and I think it will be...) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif