PDA

View Full Version : So...USN Sharpshooters...Can You Hit Anything Now?

GSNei
04-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Since the Wildcat, Hellcat, and Corsair go into Epileptic fit whenever the guns are fired, have you, with practice, been able to compensate - or are those AC now a write off?

GSNei
04-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Since the Wildcat, Hellcat, and Corsair go into Epileptic fit whenever the guns are fired, have you, with practice, been able to compensate - or are those AC now a write off?

bird_brain
04-03-2006, 04:05 PM
I've been flying the Hellcat & Wildcat exclusively for about 4 months now. I don't have any difficulty scoring hits. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

There is a bit of yaw from the guns firing, but it swings right back if you hold the trigger down.

vocatx
04-03-2006, 07:50 PM
I agree. I haven't yet been able to figure out what all the whining is about. Aircraft do not run on a set of rails, but unless you have taken damage and some of the guns aren't firing, I don't see a problem.

stansdds
04-03-2006, 07:52 PM
They always sway to the same side and to the same degree. It's a realism breaker, but I can compensate for the yaw. I would like to see it fixed, since Pacific Fighters has "improved graphics and unsurpassed realism" as printed on the box.

stansdds
04-03-2006, 07:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vocatx:
I agree. I haven't yet been able to figure out what all the whining is about. Aircraft do not run on a set of rails, but unless you have taken damage and some of the guns aren't firing, I don't see a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must not be flying the Buffalo, Wildcat, Hellcat or Corsair.

VW-IceFire
04-03-2006, 07:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bird_brain:
I've been flying the Hellcat & Wildcat exclusively for about 4 months now. I don't have any difficulty scoring hits. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

There is a bit of yaw from the guns firing, but it swings right back if you hold the trigger down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats what I said initially...I do notice it if I'm making short shots but others seem to have it quite severe. None of them have produced any tracks that I've been able to read.

Frankly it doesn't bother me that much. Nothing like the wobblefest 4.02. I'm wondering if its another sort of thing where some have it and some don't.

R_Target
04-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I usually compensate for it, but it can be a real pain sometimes. I'll have a high speed, high angle deflection shot lined up, pull the trigger, and wang! the crosshairs jump off the target and the shots veer off into the air. The plane shaking from recoil I don't have a problem with, it's the pulling to the side that sucks. Planes with the same armament that pull in different directions smells a little fishy too.

M2morris
04-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Freind of mine is an Apache helicopter pilot, told me when he first fired the 30MM that he truly thought there was a catastofic malfunction and that they were going to crash, what with the 30mm being right under the aircrew. I can only imagine how the MGs felt while firing in the old war birds, must have been a real strain on the airframe. Amazing engineering. Well anyway with my CG Corsaire here; hell I just get lined-up and when it feels right I use kentucky windage and sqeeze off a burst and let my simulated fillings rattle in my head. Take a drink of coffee and just deal with the mother- torquer. I seem to do alright in MY F4U.

GSNei
04-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Bird Brain - That's actually pretty encouraging to hear - I'd bet even money this "feature" may not be changed. As far as who has a problem, what degree etc, try this - take a plane, park it on a runway, empty your weapons. Most will roll back a few feet in a straight line. The above mentioned AC will turn almost 90 degrees off center - this I,m pretty sure is non authentic.

tagTaken2
04-03-2006, 10:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stansdds:
They always sway to the same side and to the same degree. It's a realism breaker, but I can compensate for the yaw. I would like to see it fixed, since Pacific Fighters has "improved graphics and unsurpassed realism" as printed on the box. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I recall there was something about a flyable Avenger, too...

WOLFMondo
04-04-2006, 12:42 AM
The Corsair can have yaw problems but if you trim it out correctly it flies great and gunner with that nice sight and view is quite nice. I never had a problem with it other than a little yaw issue and the constant trim needed to keep it in line.

FastDriver74
04-04-2006, 01:18 AM
No problems shooting in the Hellcat, Wildcat, or any Corsairs.

vocatx
04-04-2006, 07:05 AM
Actually, I have been flying three models of P-40 extensively, the Wildcat, Hellcat, and Buffalo some. I've been flying the P-40 about three hours nightly (co-ops) for about six months. Like I said, I see absolutely no problem. I fly Japanese a good bit as well, and I can tell little to no difference in most aircraft unless battle damage has been taken.

Cloyd
04-04-2006, 08:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Thats what I said initially...I do notice it if I'm making short shots but others seem to have it quite severe. None of them have produced any tracks that I've been able to read.

Frankly it doesn't bother me that much. Nothing like the wobblefest 4.02. I'm wondering if its another sort of thing where some have it and some don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I fly the Wildcats exclusively. Yes, there is a bit of yaw, but it's a lot better than the wobbles.

Cloyd

faelas
04-04-2006, 11:11 AM
At least with the F4F-4 I do notice a major yaw, really impossible to aim - but only when the guns are almost empty and only the port side guns are firing. When all guns are firing there is no mentionable yaw, so IMHO that is actually realistic.