PDA

View Full Version : DB-3 - a tough opponent

cbazza
10-24-2004, 06:14 AM
I'm doing a Me 109 campaign (F-4)currently on the Moscow map. One mission i am stuck on - intercept 6 DB-3s approaching your base with a flight of 4 Me 109s. Sounds easy? Dam impossible.

Their gunners are brilliant, the defensive armament deadly to the 109, can take a tremendous amount of punishment and have very few weak points/gunner blind spots.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to attack them? eg Angle of attack, points to aim for etc

Thanks

Atomic_Marten
10-24-2004, 10:17 AM
I'm surprised to hear that. But here you go: if you can't get them from 6 'o clock, try head on (aim cockpit or engines). Or, side attack; aim engines (or wings area between engine and fuselage). Usually when I'm faced with single early DB3, I get to it's six (but dead six!).

Blottogg
10-24-2004, 03:02 PM
What Ai level are you using for the DB-3's? Ace, Veteran etc., work for the bombers too. Ace and Veteran bomber crews are tough and accurate, Regular and Rookie are worse. If they're giving you fits, you might want to rachet down their Ai setting a notch. Of course, good tactics are a must as well, but if it's wingman Ai vs bomber Ai that's causing the problem, resetting the Ai levels will help.

TooCool_12f
10-24-2004, 03:16 PM
high side passes are my favourite against big birds, usually gunners can't aim at you at such angles...

Philipscdrw
10-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Use B&Z tactics on the bombers! Climb high above them, dive down, make a fast firing pass, climb away, rinse and repeat. YOu spend less time in their fire zone that way, but you need to be more precise and accurate with the shooting.

karost
10-25-2004, 12:53 AM
try this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

1.) let your ai friends attack DB-3s , force them to drop bomb before reach to his target
so if DB-3s don't has a bomb load and still flying to target then let to AA gun do his business.
2.) keep looking to DB-3s which did not drop bomb stay above them about 45 degree and drive ( hi-speed attack) to his 6 at top side deflection shoot at ai pilot head at the left seat and keep stay under them when fly pass and keep roll and roll to avoid his mg shoot at you and look back to see DB-3s drop his bomb or not if not then try again.

S!.
ps. if you have a next problem about "how to" post at "General Discussion" that place have many good friends share many good idea to you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

plumps_
10-25-2004, 06:21 AM
Which version of FB do you play? The damage model of the DB-3 has been improved in one of the recent patches.

Gato__Loco
10-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Kill the pilot!!!! That is what works best. Fall from above and target the pilot.

JtD
10-26-2004, 02:07 AM
Agree with plumps. In 2.04 it's very easy to shoot them down. It was very hard before.