PDA

View Full Version : installation

merlin7777777
09-30-2006, 03:06 PM
I've just bought the pc version of Pacific Fighters and popped the CD in my laptop to install it.

A menu has appeared with:

read me
start etc
start etc
uninstall etc
uninstall etc
exit

Everything is greyed out and unavailable except 'read me'and 'exit' so I can't start an installation.
I've googled and found a reference to not being able to install from a dvd drive (that's what I have in my laptop) but the reference says there is an error message with this and I haven't seen one.

Can anyone help please?

merlin7777777
09-30-2006, 03:06 PM
I've just bought the pc version of Pacific Fighters and popped the CD in my laptop to install it.

A menu has appeared with:

read me
start etc
start etc
uninstall etc
uninstall etc
exit

Everything is greyed out and unavailable except 'read me'and 'exit' so I can't start an installation.
I've googled and found a reference to not being able to install from a dvd drive (that's what I have in my laptop) but the reference says there is an error message with this and I haven't seen one.

Can anyone help please?

MaxMhz
09-30-2006, 03:16 PM
The type of drive installing from should no longer matter - I'm using a DVD RW myself without any problems.
If autostart doesn't work ok, try double-clicking
setuppf for the stand-alone, or setuppffbaep for the merged install (if you have FB and AEP too).

merlin7777777
09-30-2006, 03:57 PM
The disc auto runs when I put it into the drive or if I click on the drive letter but the only thing displayed is the menu. The 'start' options are greyed out and can't be clicked on.

The only files called 'setup' are in the directx9c folder but I guessing that's for directx and not the game?

There is an 'autorun.exe' file but it just activates the menu as previously described.

J_Flyer
10-01-2006, 02:39 AM
someone had a problem like this before, and it may sound silly but make sure you put the right disc in, thats what happened for him.

Sorry if it seems im patronising you or something!

merlin7777777
10-01-2006, 03:38 AM
How embarrassing!

I am indeed using disc 2. It sounds stupid but its quite an easy mistake to make (he said, struggling to maintain some dignity). Disc 1 is completely hidden by the registration card. I have no more excuses...I'm off to install the game now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif)