PDA

View Full Version : CV landings and missions ?

RS.Wedge
12-18-2005, 08:10 AM
I have been practicing my CV landings and have yet to attempt one during a regular mission. I noticed that when I land on a CV that I either end up close to the front of the flight deck or pretty close to the middle of the flight deck - with my fighter just sitting on the deck. Will I be in danger of causing further problems for other pilots trying to land with the plane just sitting right in the middle of the flight deck?

RS.Wedge
12-18-2005, 08:10 AM
I have been practicing my CV landings and have yet to attempt one during a regular mission. I noticed that when I land on a CV that I either end up close to the front of the flight deck or pretty close to the middle of the flight deck - with my fighter just sitting on the deck. Will I be in danger of causing further problems for other pilots trying to land with the plane just sitting right in the middle of the flight deck?

mortoma
12-18-2005, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RS.Wedge:
I have been practicing my CV landings and have yet to attempt one during a regular mission. I noticed that when I land on a CV that I either end up close to the front of the flight deck or pretty close to the middle of the flight deck - with my fighter just sitting on the deck. Will I be in danger of causing further problems for other pilots trying to land with the plane just sitting right in the middle of the flight deck? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No, you'll be fine. When you chock your plane on the deck, no matter where it is on the deck, the other planes can land as if you are not there. Even so, a middling position on the deck would not be a problem usually, even if you didn't chock, since the AI planes will land far short of that area. But to be safe chock your plane and if it makes you feel any better, gently and carefully taxi your plane up even farther and then chock. I used to often land in the middle of the fight deck before I got better so I ought to know. You should have no problems....

RS.Wedge
12-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Thanks your the reply! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RS.Wedge
12-18-2005, 12:43 PM
I just finished my first mission over the Coral Sea. I went on Recon with 3 other pilots in F4Fs. We completed out mission and I was the first to land. I taxied to the very front of the CV and parked my fighter, but none of the other planes landed. The ATC kept sending them around so I ended the mission and got credit for it. It looks like my next mission is an intercept mission and Im the squad leader.