PDA

View Full Version : Has 'Storm of War' been cancelled?

GatorSub1942
07-24-2008, 10:52 AM
According to this:

http://www.tothegame.com/devinfo.asp?id=46

the game has been cancelled. Can someone please tell me that's a load of rubbish (and an actual release date would be nice, if it does turn out to be nonsense).

GatorSub1942
07-24-2008, 10:52 AM
According to this:

http://www.tothegame.com/devinfo.asp?id=46

the game has been cancelled. Can someone please tell me that's a load of rubbish (and an actual release date would be nice, if it does turn out to be nonsense).

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Thats a load of carp, you can see dev info here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2040

na85
07-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Oleg's last post in that thread was more than a month ago.

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-24-2008, 11:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by na85:
Oleg's last post in that thread was more than a month ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and the one before that was over a month before the next one, what's your point? It takes time to release a dev update, it's not just Oleg up there going, "hey, lets post a pic of that" and Viola! it's done. He has to get approval for every dev shot and news release from the publisher. Trust me, SoW:BoB is still in production.

SeaFireLIV
07-24-2008, 12:06 PM
That`s a bit cheeky, to put `cancelled` on something without checking at the source first.

GatorSub1942
07-24-2008, 12:13 PM
So chances are, it's a bunch of nonsense? Thanks! Anyone know when the game's coming out?

Xiolablu3
07-24-2008, 12:35 PM
It IS a bunch of nonsense mate.

The game will be done when its done, its a really complex game/sim and will take a long time. I would expect it released for a year or so.

JG52Uther
07-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Although nobody really knows for sure except Oleg and he is not really saying a lot.
Unpopular viewpoint, but true.

K_Freddie
07-24-2008, 01:11 PM
I think Oleg is holding out for some hardware to arrive on the market, while refining the game
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

M_Gunz
07-24-2008, 01:48 PM
You have to realize that in a competitive market there will be rumors and other kinds of
manipulations. A company like M$ would normally just ruin a competitor directly for example,
and there are many examples of them doing just that. But Moscow is not in such easy reach.
I don't say that it's M$ doing this, just giving example of one dirty-a-hat-tricks company.

Rjel
07-24-2008, 01:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K_Freddie:
I think Oleg is holding out for some hardware to arrive on the market, while refining the game
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, how far down the path is a Star Trek type holodeck anyway?

GatorSub1942
07-24-2008, 03:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
It IS a bunch of nonsense mate.

The game will be done when its done, its a really complex game/sim and will take a long time. I would expect it released for a year or so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, I've heard some people say it's coming in the autumn. Oh well, I've got loads of games to buy in the autumn already, I suppose!!

K_Freddie
07-24-2008, 05:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rjel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K_Freddie:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, how far down the path is a Star Trek type holodeck anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The PhysX hardware has been out for at least a year or more already, just it's very $$$$.. Maybe Oleg can organise a deal with the manufacturers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

crucislancer
07-24-2008, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
That`s a bit cheeky, to put `cancelled` on something without checking at the source first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. The list is incomplete as well. No mention of Birds of Prey on there. My guess is that they figured it for vaporware since there hasn't been any news about it in any of the popular mags or websites. I'll consider it a work in progress until Oleg says otherwise.

tragentsmith
07-25-2008, 02:08 AM
Don't worry, we will get new infos.... In two weeks.

rnzoli
07-25-2008, 03:13 AM
Since the IL2 modding starts to cut into the revenue stream of SoW:BoB, I wouldn't be surprised if the project got cancelled (hope not). It's been dragging on for what, 4 years now?

Bearcat99
07-25-2008, 05:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rnzoli:
Since the IL2 modding starts to cut into the revenue stream of SoW:BoB, I wouldn't be surprised if the project got cancelled (hope not). It's been dragging on for what, 4 years now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hows that? If anything the mods have added to sales unless people are stealing the sim....

tragentsmith
07-25-2008, 06:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rnzoli:
Since the IL2 modding starts to cut into the revenue stream of SoW:BoB, I wouldn't be surprised if the project got cancelled (hope not). It's been dragging on for what, 4 years now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hows that? If anything the mods have added to sales unless people are stealing the sim.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he means : "because modders are developping their own BoB, the original idea from Olog for Storm of War was stolen, thus cutting into the revenue stream of SoW : BoB. But I think it's a wrong statement, because I think that most IL2 fans will buy SoW EVEN if they downloaded the BoB map for IL2, and the 2 games will be totally different experiences.

rnzoli
07-25-2008, 07:01 AM
Yes, exactly that's what I meant, thanks.

It think the statement IS right, because it says "starts to cut in".

Meaning that maybe this cut will be very little effect, e.g., before modding, some people wanted to get desperately onto BoB battlescenes, and for that matter, buy SoW:BoB immediately upon release, but with the mods, they can wait with buying until they get a better PC, or a more precise joystick whatever (e.g., it goes down in the priorities to buy it, but eventually they will buy it sometime later).

But maybe the effect will be stronger. Due to the internal modularity of IL-2, there is practically nothing that would stop the modding community to introduce weather effects, icing, enhanved DM and FM calculations with more environmental inputs (e.g., reliability). Il-2 internals are totally open and ready for the operating table, a team of 10.000 mod users rally about 100 enthusiastic modders putting into lots of research and hours in the mods vs. a 12-person small team doing it only 9 AM to 5 PM. Guess who is going to win that kind of race...

Rjel
07-25-2008, 08:26 AM

Meaning that maybe this cut will be very little effect, e.g., before modding, some people wanted to get desperately onto BoB battlescenes, and for that matter, buy SoW:BoB immediately upon release, but with the mods, they can wait with buying until they get a better PC, or a more precise joystick whatever (e.g., it goes down in the priorities to buy it, but eventually they will buy it sometime later).

But maybe the effect will be stronger. Due to the internal modularity of IL-2, there is practically nothing that would stop the modding community to introduce weather effects, icing, enhanved DM and FM calculations with more environmental inputs (e.g., reliability). Il-2 internals are totally open and ready for the operating table, a team of 10.000 mod users rally about 100 enthusiastic modders putting into lots of research and hours in the mods vs. a 12-person small team doing it only 9 AM to 5 PM. Guess who is going to win that kind of race... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is your glass always half empty? Let people be excited about the mods if that's what they want. If people are drifting in their excitement of Oleg's new game is simply because nobody has a clue when and if the game is coming out. Tie that into the little that is really known about the game and it's little wonder the mods have rejuvenated this forum. This place was dying a slow death before it was decided to allow discussions of the mods. To my mind that too will keep interest in BoB simply because people will be here and might get lucky to see a substantive post about BoB sometime. Hopefully sooner than later.

rnzoli
07-25-2008, 09:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rjel:
Is your glass always half empty? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's about the glass of the developer team, not mine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Keep off the grass of personal insults.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Let people be excited about the mods if that's what they want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Even if that means witholding information from them on the "negative" sides of modding?
I thought the rule said "discussions" are possible about the mods, but time and again I have the feeling some of you interpret the rule as "only praising of mods is allowed".

The problem is the possible competition between modding and SoW:BoB, and the responsibilty that comes with (the modding) power. Theoretically speaking, should SoW:BoB get really cancelled (I hope not), and KoTS as well (which is based on the same engine), the only source for the next generation of good prop flight sims would be coming from ... the volunteers like AAA. Could work, but it will be a different scene with different priorities.

Rjel
07-25-2008, 09:16 AM
It's about the glass of the developer team, not mine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Keep off the grass of personal insults.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not an insult. It's a question. Instead of viewing only the negatives of the modding of IL2, try to see and maybe even try to promote the positive benefits of them.

Tab_Flettner
07-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Can we have a simple discussion without it being derailed by this nonsense?

On topic and to answer the question, SOW is not canceled. If it was I am sure it would have been announced. Likely this supplier is not going to supply a date unless some kind of timeline is supplied, or they may not carry it at all.

rnzoli
07-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Well then, the answer is yes. I can't see my own glass full with the arrival of mods, unless I close one of my eyes and pretend the glass to be much smaller than it really is.

There is enough promotion of the mods everywhere, since the sky didn't fall in a year, most of the negative comments were swept away by the enthusiastic reception of additional eye candy, new content and new possibilities for IL-2. But unfortunately, this doesn't make the risks go away totally, just take for example the LEXXX's elaboration on the inevitable FM changes or the "the secret which was a secret of someone else before". Cancellation of SoW:BoB was my remote prediction a few weeks ago (post rooted out of course within a day or so), and this new thread is not good to read (I hope the probabilty is still very remote).

But if you ever owned a small company, where you invested into a product the required very special know-how, hoping to cash in on the subsequent add-ons, and then get your product opened/reverse engineered by your competitor, then you know, such an event can be a death sentence for your small company, unless you do the same investment over again, in hope of a better protection of your IPR. Hopefully this wasn't the case with Oleg's team, the only worry I have is because of Mysticpuma's interview, where I seem to remember Oleg saying that lots of pre-BoB previews are based on the IL-2 engine. I really find it unbelievable that they toss the IL-2 engine out of the window, and start writing code from scratch. Most likely,they do a major overhaul of internal design and the building blocks, but still based on the building block and know-how from the IL-2 engine. So it is something that can be copied with "deeply" modding the IL-2 engine too.

*EDIT* In compliance to our pro-modder friends, back to topic: no, SoW:BoB is NOT cancelled yet officially, most likely the ditributor deleted from their list of titles to be released/carried this year.

theDutchman1962
07-25-2008, 09:46 AM
It must not be that hard to contact their site(tothegame) and ask where they get that info from,right?

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-25-2008, 09:59 AM

But maybe the effect will be stronger. Due to the internal modularity of IL-2, there is practically nothing that would stop the modding community to introduce weather effects, icing, enhanved DM and FM calculations with more environmental inputs (e.g., reliability). Il-2 internals are totally open and ready for the operating table, a team of 10.000 mod users rally about 100 enthusiastic modders putting into lots of research and hours in the mods vs. a 12-person small team doing it only 9 AM to 5 PM. Guess who is going to win that kind of race... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree, I have exactly 0 interest in recreating the BoB period but will buy SoW:BoB the instant it's available. Why? Because it will be an entirely new, and vastly more advance simulator, I will enjoy BoB even though it's not my interest because it will be the best thing out there. I doubt the ability to play BoB scenarios is il2 will stop anyone from buying BoB because it will be just so much better. The mods can only change so much, while the game is unlocked that doesn't mean anyone is going to be able to rewrite the source code of the il2 engine, any mods are still going to be restricted by those limitations. SoW is still going to introduce so many new features and possibilities that I doubt any il2 mod will change the amount of interest, mods or no mods, it's still just il2, not SoW.

buddye1
07-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Oleg, has a plan to deliver BOB Sow. He has been through a terrible struggle and he still may face some hard times ahead with performance and quality as BOB SOW comes together.

Have you read about the inflation rate in Russia and in Olegs's headquarters where his cost must have gone through the roof.

He has had to cut back and slow down but he will deliver. He has always delivered.

Chivas
07-25-2008, 11:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:

I disagree, I have exactly 0 interest in recreating the BoB period but will buy SoW:BoB the instant it's available. Why? Because it will be an entirely new, and vastly more advance simulator, I will enjoy BoB even though it's not my interest because it will be the best thing out there. I doubt the ability to play BoB scenarios is il2 will stop anyone from buying BoB because it will be just so much better. The mods can only change so much, while the game is unlocked that doesn't mean anyone is going to be able to rewrite the source code of the il2 engine, any mods are still going to be restricted by those limitations. SoW is still going to introduce so many new features and possibilities that I doubt any il2 mod will change the amount of interest, mods or no mods, it's still just il2, not SoW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

Also SOW will be open to modders to some extent, so most of the IL-2 modders will migrate to SOW. It will not kill the FB mod community but considerably dilute it.

Mr_Zooly
07-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Is it still the same setup as I heard about?
SoW BoB is the first part/theatre?
Followed by?:
SoW Poland
Sow France
etc...

Chivas
07-25-2008, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Zooly:
Followed by?:
SoW Poland
Sow France
etc... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poland and France were 3rd party additions that I haven't heard to much about for awhile.

There is a good chance the second official addition will be the Mediterraenen Theater. Followed by the Pacific, Eastern, etc in no particular order as you could make valid arguments for almost any order of theaters as they overlapped.

slipBall
07-25-2008, 04:35 PM
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not an insult. It's a question. Instead of viewing only the negatives of the modding of IL2, try to see and maybe even try to promote the positive benefits of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One question, have you lost your mind! Try to view the situation through Oleg's eyes. All that work on both IL2, and SOW only to have uninvited hands in the pie. Knowing full well that these nobel hackers will not rest till SOW is violated...I could see him dropping the whole project, and I would not blame him

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-25-2008, 04:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slipBall:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not an insult. It's a question. Instead of viewing only the negatives of the modding of IL2, try to see and maybe even try to promote the positive benefits of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One question, have you lost your mind! Try to view the situation through Oleg's eyes. All that work on both IL2, and SOW only to have uninvited hands in the pie. Knowing full well that these nobel hackers will not rest till SOW is violated...I could see him dropping the whole project, and I would not blame him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I call BS and Trolling! Why would he be worried about modders (haven't we got past the hacker stigma/namecalling?!) on SoW, it's going to be built to allow modding from the get go. Take your fear mongering elsewhere please.

Rjel
07-25-2008, 04:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slipBall:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One question, have you lost your mind! Try to view the situation through Oleg's eyes. All that work on both IL2, and SOW only to have uninvited hands in the pie. Knowing full well that these nobel hackers will not rest till SOW is violated...I could see him dropping the whole project, and I would not blame him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I haven't lost my mind smart guy. Please, if Oleg is so damn upset, why hasn't he taken five minutes to post here to that effect? IL-2 has repeatedly been said to be dead, that SOW is the future. If so, explain in your wisdom, how he is being hurt? Especially considering that Oleg himself has said SOW will be moddable.

slipBall
07-25-2008, 04:51 PM
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I haven't lost my mind smart guy. Please, if Oleg is so damn upset, why hasn't he taken five minutes to post here to that effect? IL-2 has repeatedly been said to be dead, that SOW is the future. If so, explain in your wisdom, how he is being hurt? Especially considering that Oleg himself has said SOW will be moddable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You my friend would not understand if I did...enjoy your mods

stalkervision
07-25-2008, 04:54 PM
oleg is riding the second coming of il-2 and didn't have to spend a thing to do it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

oleg is a lot smarter then you think folks.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Rjel
07-25-2008, 05:01 PM
You my friend would not understand if I did...enjoy your mods </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please. You tossed the first stone buddy. I usually don't allow myself to be drawn into this type of post but I will now. I want you to explain it to me. Now that you've questioned my morals, please explain how he has been hurt. Perhaps your argument will be so persuasive I'll quit using them.

Jaggy.
07-25-2008, 05:08 PM
The idea that IL2 BOB mods are cutting in on SOW is a complete farce. First off, Oleg and crew have the WWII dogfight sim market completely cornered. Go ahead and do a poll, you'll see a very high percentage of people that own IL246 modded or unmodded will be buying SOW. If anything, an IL2 BOB mod could attract some BOB fans to IL2 which in turn buy IL2 and then in turn buy SOW.

Plain and simple, the positive impact that mods have on a game/dev far outweighs the negative. Just go ask Valve(Half Life 1-2) and Epic Games(Unreal series) they've made lots of money off the mod community.

triad773
07-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Well regardless of MODS or not, I am looking forward to buying SOW http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

LEXX_Luthor
07-25-2008, 05:26 PM
And Luthier Korea! http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/Lexx_Luthor/Smileys/Yippee--fast.gif

To back up rnzoli, lets recall that Oleg has always told us he would NOT make Spit-1 and Channel Map, but "reserve" them both for BoB. Now the modders are making both.

I think rnzoli has a point, but if Oleg has learned the importance of immersive air war simulation as opposed to FB/PF's focus on dogfight shooter simulation and 3D model simulation, BoB will do just fine.

One example: Ground radar stations in BoB, which will be useful in later theater addons as well.

LEXX_Luthor
07-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Two example: Dynamic damage models carrying between missions, maybe random mech failures?

LEXX_Luthor
07-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Three example: Online squad leaders choosing ammo loadouts for squad members.

LEXX_Luthor
07-25-2008, 05:42 PM
<STRIKE>Four example: Perfect Polygon AI DoubleDeck Buses prowling the Streets Of London</STRIKE>

Four example: "nearmiss" triggers for FMBoB. nearmiss will buy the sim for this feature alone.http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/Lexx_Luthor/Smileys/thumbs.gif

KrashanTopolova
07-25-2008, 05:50 PM
I would not see a competition problem for a product if it is copied/enhanced. It would be a useful indicator of the real nature of the market. Some customers want immersion and can't fly very well; some can fly very well and want immersive challenge. Demand should not be disturbed by the ultimate form of flattery: imitation/enhancement. il-2 seems to have got in front and can't be overtaken no matter how extensive modding applied to it becomes.

GatorSub1942
07-25-2008, 06:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Zooly:
Followed by?:
SoW Poland
Sow France
etc... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love it if each game could be interlinked with the others. For example, you could start as a rookie in the Battle of Britain, but do well and amass quite a few kills, then you'd get 'transferred' to Africa (for example) and you'd be able to carry all your stats with you.

I've also got a couple of suggestions for Oleg about the game:

When bailing out, let's really feel the panic! No easy 'press ctrl-E' to bail out, let's have to repeatedly hammer a key or two, to open the canopy (even more so if it's jammed), so that it takes a lot longer to get out. Bailing out is far too easy at the moment in most flight sims.

It would be great if you could include a mode like in Rowan's Battle of Britain game, where you could control the battle from the control room. However, unlike that game, we need an option to choose a squadron and fly only with that squadron (unless transferred). It didn't feel like a proper career in that game, because you just jumped into whichever plane you felt like and there was no 'dead is dead' feeling.

Would it be possible to immerse the player more into the atmosphere at the airfield while waiting for the scramble, instead of facing a series of disconnected missions?

Choctaw111
07-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Not another one of these threads http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
You can't really take other sources as truth. Go to the 1C site if you really want to know what's going on.

JG52Uther
07-26-2008, 12:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:
Not another one of these threads http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
You can't really take other sources as truth. Go to the 1C site if you really want to know what's going on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Eh? Not a lot going on there either.

Choctaw111
07-26-2008, 10:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:
You can't really take other sources as truth. Go to the 1C site if you really want to know what's going on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Eh? Not a lot going on there either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make a good point...but it's still where the info is. Even if it is not often that Oleg posts there, it is where he hangs out now.

Feathered_IV
07-27-2008, 12:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Eh? Not a lot going on there either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make a good point...but it's still where the info is. Even if it is not often that Oleg posts there, it is where he hangs out now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't like the place much at all. I dislike the colour, there is no news of any great substance and every thread is polluted by the ridiculous posturing of that Feuerfalke character, pretending he is Oleg's right hand. A two year old blue-screen wip screenshot every couple of months is not worth the price of admssion. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

DuxCorvan
07-27-2008, 03:52 AM
it's still where the info is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If THAT is all the info available, then it's worse than we thought. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

julian265
07-27-2008, 03:59 AM
I'm one of those people trying to delay a new computer until BoB arrives... It's an amusing situation!!

ploughman
07-27-2008, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Feathered_IV:

... every thread is polluted by the ridiculous posturing of that Feuerfalke character, pretending he is Oleg's right hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I've virtually stopped opening threads there now as every other post is from that child. As you say, not worth the price of admission.

Farran1966
07-27-2008, 06:40 AM
Sometimes you just have to put your faith in things that you have no control over. Personally, I believe Oleg is trying to get the job done; that he will get it done and when he has nothing else will come close. Certainly nothing has yet touched Il2, nothing.

We all want news and I trawl the forums daily hoping for a tit bit and normally there is none, but I still think he is on the case.

Finally, I do find it odd when people say they have no interest in the Battle of Britain as a subject for the first game in the series, why ever not? Of course we are all different and have different interests and I am hip to that, but that was a time when the best faced the best and for the first time bit off more than they could chew. When the advance of the Nazi war machine got its first bloody nose!

Surely it's the logical place to start and I can't wait.

knightflyte
07-27-2008, 02:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ploughman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Feathered_IV:

... every thread is polluted by the ridiculous posturing of that Feuerfalke character, pretending he is Oleg's right hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I've virtually stopped opening threads there now as every other post is from that child. As you say, not worth the price of admission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair, it's not like the folks posting the other PoV are any more mature than he is. I have no problem with what Feuerfalke says, though the amount of times he says it are a tad too many.

It's not like the subject regarding the lack or quality of information about BoB doesn't come up every third topic. It wouldn't take much of a parusal amongst the posts to get an idea of who, what, where, and when about BoB.

Some of the posts are down right insipid, bordering on insulting because their "right to know" attitude.

GatorSub1942
07-27-2008, 05:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Farran1966:
Sometimes you just have to put your faith in things that you have no control over. Personally, I believe Oleg is trying to get the job done; that he will get it done and when he has nothing else will come close. Certainly nothing has yet touched Il2, nothing.

We all want news and I trawl the forums daily hoping for a tit bit and normally there is none, but I still think he is on the case.

Finally, I do find it odd when people say they have no interest in the Battle of Britain as a subject for the first game in the series, why ever not? Of course we are all different and have different interests and I am hip to that, but that was a time when the best faced the best and for the first time bit off more than they could chew. When the advance of the Nazi war machine got its first bloody nose!

Surely it's the logical place to start and I can't wait. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, the world would've been a very different place if the Nazis had won the Battle of Britain and I hope the game (when it finally arrives) does justice to those vital few months in 1940.

By the way, has anyone got a link to a Storm of War wishlist thread, or shall I just post them in here?

Chivas
07-27-2008, 05:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ploughman:

Yeah, I've virtually stopped opening threads there now as every other post is from that child. As you say, not worth the price of admission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair, it's not like the folks posting the other PoV are any more mature than he is. I have no problem with what Feuerfalke says, though the amount of times he says it are a tad too many.

It's not like the subject regarding the lack or quality of information about BoB doesn't come up every third topic. It wouldn't take much of a parusal amongst the posts to get an idea of who, what, where, and when about BoB.

Some of the posts are down right insipid, bordering on insulting because their "right to know" attitude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree knightflyte. Feuerfalke posts have some valid information for new forum members that might believe the posts of a few malcontents who constantly use the sky is falling, marketing 101 and insults in an attempt to acquire more info.

tragentsmith
07-28-2008, 04:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">knightflyte. Feuerfalke posts have some valid information for new forum members that might believe the posts of a few malcontents who constantly use the sky is falling, marketing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't get it ! Feuerfalke is the automatic replying programm implemented by Oleg to reply to all the trolls that are hanging on the 1C forum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif He doesn't sleep, doesn't eat, doesn't pee.... He's just there !

knightflyte
07-28-2008, 09:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tragentsmith:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">knightflyte. Feuerfalke posts have some valid information for new forum members that might believe the posts of a few malcontents who constantly use the sky is falling, marketing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't get it ! Feuerfalke is the automatic replying programm implemented by Oleg to reply to all the trolls that are hanging on the 1C forum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif He doesn't sleep, doesn't eat, doesn't pee.... He's just there ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You is right. Be sure. LOL That made me laugh, tragentsmith.

rnzoli
07-29-2008, 08:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GatorSub1942:
By the way, has anyone got a link to a Storm of War wishlist thread, or shall I just post them in here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It is quite interesting how the tide of "I want this", "I want that" wish-tsunami subsided these days. The wish lists shrunk to the bare minimum: release the bugger while we are still alive! SoW:BoB for us, not for our grand-children! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Feathered_IV
07-29-2008, 09:26 AM
AAA forums absorb most of the wish lists now, I reckon.

LEXX_Luthor
07-29-2008, 09:35 AM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/Lexx_Luthor/Smileys/thumbs.gif

slipBall
07-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Triple A may well...but it don't make it right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

GatorSub1942
07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GatorSub1942:
By the way, has anyone got a link to a Storm of War wishlist thread, or shall I just post them in here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It is quite interesting how the tide of "I want this", "I want that" wish-tsunami subsided these days. The wish lists shrunk to the bare minimum: release the bugger while we are still alive! SoW:BoB for us, not for our grand-children! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said! How long has this game been hanging around for now? By the way, does anyone know if it's going to include the Ops Room like Rowan's Battle of Britain?

Alikaswat
07-31-2008, 09:13 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif You guys are still hoping for SOW? http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif You are like little kids that won't let go of their toy. Do you really think if our beloved Oleg had a game to release it would'nt have been releaed by now? Forget about Oleg and 1C they don't have the balls to tell people the truth. Remember he's in Russia he don't have any money! Look what Shockwave is doin these days, you wanna tell me Oleg could'nt do the same thing? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

crucislancer
07-31-2008, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alikaswat:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif You guys are still hoping for SOW? http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif You are like little kids that won't let go of their toy. Do you really think if our beloved Oleg had a game to release it would'nt have been releaed by now? Forget about Oleg and 1C they don't have the balls to tell people the truth. Remember he's in Russia he don't have any money! Look what Shockwave is doin these days, you wanna tell me Oleg could'nt do the same thing? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

theDutchman1962
07-31-2008, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Remember he's in Russia he don't have any money! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Xcuse me?
Moscow alone has a few hundred! billioneers!
The Cold War is long gone,dude.....listen,
have you heared what happened to the Berlin Wall? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

buddye1
07-31-2008, 10:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theDutchman1962:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Remember he's in Russia he don't have any money! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Xcuse me?
have you already heared what happend to the Berlin Wall? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you looked at the Moscow inflation rate?

The highest in the World the last time I check.

Money is an issue for Oleg, IMHO.

TheGhostFiles
07-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Rumor has it BOB will ship January '09.

Keep in mind UBISOFT is contracted by Micro$oft.

GF

crucislancer
07-31-2008, 10:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buddye1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theDutchman1962:
Xcuse me?
have you already heared what happend to the Berlin Wall? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you looked at the Moscow inflation rate?

The highest in the World the last time I check.

Money is an issue for Oleg, IMHO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Money is an issue for most people these days. SoW will get released. Be patient.

Chivas
07-31-2008, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alikaswat:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif You guys are still hoping for SOW? http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif You are like little kids that won't let go of their toy. Do you really think if our beloved Oleg had a game to release it would'nt have been releaed by now? Forget about Oleg and 1C they don't have the balls to tell people the truth. Remember he's in Russia he don't have any money! Look what Shockwave is doin these days, you wanna tell me Oleg could'nt do the same thing? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your in for a real shock, lol.

theDutchman1962
07-31-2008, 11:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Have you looked at the Moscow inflation rate?

The highest in the World the last time I check. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You forget Zimbabwe... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

unscene
08-27-2008, 12:59 PM
It's weird that both Storm of War and IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey are both allegedly being made by 1C. Given the fact that Birds of Prey features the Battle of Britain theater, isn't it plausible that 1C might have consolidated Storm of War into Birds of Prey?

Urufu_Shinjiro
08-27-2008, 01:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unscene:
It's weird that both Storm of War and IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey are both allegedly being made by 1C. Given the fact that Birds of Prey features the Battle of Britain theater, isn't it plausible that 1C might have consolidated Storm of War into Birds of Prey? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do some reaserch before you speculate, 1C is the publisher of Birds of Prey, maddox games had absolutely nothing to do with this game other than licensing the engine, another game company entirely did the development. All this info is out there to find if you but look.

slipBall
08-27-2008, 05:11 PM
The game will be released, and it's gonna be BAD, in a good way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

ElAurens
08-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Be sure.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

wags94
08-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Can anybody tell me what Storm of War is? I'm pretty new to Il-2 so I don't know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chivas
08-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Storm of War is a new combat sim series using a completely new game engine by Oleg Maddox creator of the IL-2 series.

The first in the series will be the Battle of Britain, hence SOW BOB.

The next addition is rumoured to be the Med possibly called SOW MED

Probable release date sometime in 2009, give or take a week or two.

WTE_Ibis
08-27-2008, 10:02 PM
I remember waiting for four years for Falcon4,
the wait was worth every minute.
Hang in there.

SlowBurn68
09-12-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm starting to think SoW is a myth, and you know - I feel a bit put-off by the release of BoP to an untested market before a first look at SoW.

M_Gunz
09-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Do you ...feel... that BoP and SOW are somehow connected? Or that even the same people are
making them both?

What do you use for information, an Ouiji board or perhaps a Magic 8 Ball?
Tea leaves? Star charts?

WTE_Ibis
09-13-2008, 04:01 AM
Ouiji board mostly, but the bloody thing lies its head off.
Ya just can't trust the dead. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ElAurens
09-13-2008, 08:21 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

lbuchele
09-13-2008, 09:32 AM
This thread sounds very funny right now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Feathered_IV
09-13-2008, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lbuchele:
This thread sounds very funny right now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are forgetting your history. What we are seeing at this moment is a mere growth spurt. A knee-jerk reaction to Rise of Flight. Very soon all sign of life will dissapear from the SOW team. We'll all be wondering what the heck is going on. Some time later, the release date will be announced as 2010 - if all goes well.

Chivas
09-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Most people understand that they are still working hard between updates and find it unnecessary to go into vapourista mode.

Friendly_flyer
09-13-2008, 03:37 PM
New update from Oleg as of yesterday:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=49316#post49316

(last post)

JG52Uther
09-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Train sim?

knightflyte
09-13-2008, 11:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lbuchele:
This thread sounds very funny right now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are forgetting your history. What we are seeing at this moment is a mere growth spurt. A knee-jerk reaction to Rise of Flight. Very soon all sign of life will dissapear from the SOW team. We'll all be wondering what the heck is going on. Some time later, the release date will be announced as 2010 - if all goes well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have YOU EVER posted anything in regards to IL2 without being negative? Give it a rest.

Feathered_IV
09-14-2008, 12:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:

You are forgetting your history. What we are seeing at this moment is a mere growth spurt. A knee-jerk reaction to Rise of Flight. Very soon all sign of life will dissapear from the SOW team. We'll all be wondering what the heck is going on. Some time later, the release date will be announced as 2010 - if all goes well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have YOU EVER posted anything in regards to IL2 without being negative? Give it a rest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frequently. I am very upbeat about Il-2. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

knightflyte
09-14-2008, 10:18 AM

Have YOU EVER posted anything in regards to IL2 without being negative? Give it a rest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frequently. I am very upbeat about Il-2. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well dammit man.... post it once in a while. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

iRuffy
09-14-2008, 05:22 PM
New and "2nd hand" spitfires. I like it.

Just getting into IL2, yes 7 years late I know.

I saw the Birds of Prey video the other day and cant wait for that on the 360. But console flight sims are normally, well, s.... Even though they say they are keeping the realism I doubt it'll come close to the depth on the pc.
So I got hold of 1946 today for 9.99. OMG.
How long is t going to take to read the planes guide????
All is pretty much self explanitory thanks to this forum. But (off topic here) I know someone has made an excellent BOB add on campaign but is it possible to play this on a proper southern England map?

I live in Essex and the BoB was literally above where I live and so it is obviously my favorite theater.

WTE_Galway
09-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Train sim? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice choo choos indeed.

Now for the flame wars about the couplings being over-modelled and how unrealistic the timetables for the rural lines are.

M_Gunz
09-14-2008, 06:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iRuffy:
New and "2nd hand" spitfires. I like it.

Just getting into IL2, yes 7 years late I know.

I saw the Birds of Prey video the other day and cant wait for that on the 360. But console flight sims are normally, well, s.... Even though they say they are keeping the realism I doubt it'll come close to the depth on the pc.
So I got hold of 1946 today for 9.99. OMG.
How long is t going to take to read the planes guide????
All is pretty much self explanitory thanks to this forum. But (off topic here) I know someone has made an excellent BOB add on campaign but is it possible to play this on a proper southern England map?

I live in Essex and the BoB was literally above where I live and so it is obviously my favorite theater. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got 1946 for that? Well done!
You don't so much read the planes guide as refer to it on need. The plot is rather thin.

1946 doesn't have Battle of Britain Spitfires, you can get a mod plane but I won't discuss
as it pushes the rules here. Not even sure I can link the All Arcade Aircraft site but then
that's what search engines are for, hey?

Hope your weather's fair and the ale is strong!