PDA

View Full Version : How to set up your CH profile...

horseback
07-02-2005, 06:17 PM
A couple of individuals have asked me for help setting up their CH profiles, and I have written a detailed step by step "How To" procedure with a very basic setup for Fighterstick and Pro Pedals.

It's in Word or Wordpad format, with screenshot pictures for every step. I include a short section on setting up for basic TrackIR button assignments (centering and toggling Enable; F9 & F12) as well as how to add a controller and reassign its buttons/axes to Control Device 1.

If you have Word or Wordpad, or have access to them from a friend or at work, contact me at

horseback53@cox.net

and I'll gladly send it to you.

Happy Independence Day to all

horseback

horseback
07-02-2005, 06:17 PM
A couple of individuals have asked me for help setting up their CH profiles, and I have written a detailed step by step "How To" procedure with a very basic setup for Fighterstick and Pro Pedals.

It's in Word or Wordpad format, with screenshot pictures for every step. I include a short section on setting up for basic TrackIR button assignments (centering and toggling Enable; F9 & F12) as well as how to add a controller and reassign its buttons/axes to Control Device 1.

If you have Word or Wordpad, or have access to them from a friend or at work, contact me at

horseback53@cox.net

and I'll gladly send it to you.

Happy Independence Day to all

horseback

horseback
07-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Bump...and an admission that the Wordpad version is just freakin' enormous, too big to attach for email, so I'll have to spend some time reworking it.

However, I've built a few basic profiles for Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals, as well as Combatstick/Pro Pedals (Red Baron didn't like the Pro Throttle, for some reason), Combatstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals, Fighterstick/Pro Pedals, and a few using the CH Yoke in various combinations. Those of you unable to use the Word version can still drop me a line at

horseback53@cox.net

tell me what combination of CH controllers you have, and I'll attach a basic profile Map file with instructions you can try. Let me know if you use TrackIR, and we'll find something useful for the POV hat to do...

Also, I want to make the basic How To as useful as possible, so I welcome constructive criticism and worthwhile suggestions.

You all know where to find me now.

cheers

horseback

Lowell-Holman
07-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Horseback:
I am using the USB yoke and Pro pedals
to play IL2-Sturmovik. Do you have a profile
for that game using those controllers? I also
have CH Manager installed on my computer but
only use it to calibrate. I have also installed
the three new utilities-Control center-map listing and map printing but don't know how to use them so they aren't active. I have tried to use Control manager to make my own game map for
IL2Sturmovik but find the instructions to difficult to understand so I dont have game profile saved in case I might have to reinstall
the game for some reason. I hope your guide
will make this possible and a lot easier. Lowell

F16_Abe
07-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Did you check the CH-hangar out horseback? That really is the place to post your maps and guides! I am looking forward to see you there! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

B.r,
Abe

horseback
07-03-2005, 11:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lowell-Holman:
Horseback:
I am using the USB yoke and Pro pedals
to play IL2-Sturmovik. Do you have a profile
for that game using those controllers? I also
have CH Manager installed on my computer but
only use it to calibrate. I have also installed
the three new utilities-Control center-map listing and map printing but don't know how to use them so they aren't active. I have tried to use Control manager to make my own game map for
IL2Sturmovik but find the instructions to difficult to understand so I dont have game profile saved in case I might have to reinstall
the game for some reason. I hope your guide
will make this possible and a lot easier. Lowell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Lowell, I made and tested one this afternoon. I made basic profiles for FighterSticks and Pro Pedals, CombatSticks and Pro Pedals, CH Yokes and Pro Pedals, and used these to add Pro Throttles to make another set of profiles. I don't see anything from you in my email though...

cheers

horseback

Lowell-Holman
07-04-2005, 01:38 PM
horseback
You will be getting an e-mail shortly
Lowell