PDA

View Full Version : [SCC] Splinter Cell Conviction, When the fear of Cracker = Spit on the Customer

Bustedlol
07-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Hey what's up!! Yes, It's me again crying for help. Since I don't understand why I can't connect neither to Uplay,Exclusives Content and multiplayer server for Splinter Cell Conviction.

I've unlocked the recommended port. I have been running with no firewall... All these action without success I even checked my hosts files in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc...! Now since I've been waiting for a patch that would fix all I see that you at Ubisoft doesn't really take in consideration that the problem might come server side. But it's alright...

So here I am on your forum trying to figure out a way to fix my problem... But there's another bigger problem that you guys don't want to look at... Yes, the DRM!!!!!! I've played Far cry 2 but you guys made some improvement since this game. The thing is that it led me to purchase ACII on XBOX360 instead. And here comes the disappointment Splinter Cell Conviction.... 60$! Hey guys 60$! The game is amazing... I payed... How the f*** do I need to post on this forum to get some of my Exclusive Content and whine about your poor customer support when even EA GAMES can include a freaking LIVE CHAT in their Customer support. Hey Ubisoft, DRM DOESN'T WORK!! HEY... The game has been cracked in less then 2 day after it's initial release. My friend who haven't even payed to support your company and get an original copy of the game are playing the multiplayer AND THEY HAVEN'T EVEN PAYED THE FREAKING GAME!!! Please quit that DRM Idea... It sucks... HEY They can even crack the Multiplayer!!!?! Yes they can! WTF?!

Alright,Now here's my point of view with less Rage...

- Take out the DRM ( USELESS WASTE OF MONEY FOR THE CUSTOMERS )
- If you want to spit on PC Gamer why don't you just stop making game on this platform. We hate to be disappointed over and over. But you guys got us hooked like a fat kid on cake. You get the money. Oh and stop playing this little game. We all know that here at Ubisoft Montreal you got your Bonus for selling the game right. And that's all you needed...
- What's the point of buying the game if we have to fight to get the content that we paid for?!( 60$ = 6 Hours solo 5 Mission Deniable Ops.. Oh wait Multiplayer doesn't work, Uplay neither not even Exclusive contents. Aw sorry)

Now, Splinter Cell Conviction is a really good game. The thing is that you guys seems to be so much in fear that people will crack your game. That you over protect it with bad DRM that DOESN'T WORK! It doesn't. Admit it! Makes you ruin the experience of Legit player that have payed the game and that contributes to support your Business. You just spend so much time fighting against bad cracker. Don't forget that if a game is good people will not crack it. They'll buy it. But since you deliver bad support, and spit in PC gamers face like you always do since Far Cry 2. Well people spit in your face as well by not buying the game.

So guys... A Good old CD-Key works... Prevents people from cracking multiplayer. Unique Key can download content. It worked for Far Cry 2. Why don't you go back there.

I hope that this message will be read...If there's no improvement... nobody will buy your game anymore... Even if they are good! They'll realize that it's cheaper to crack it and sometimes it even works better.

Oh Thanks!

P.S: Sorry, But It had to come out.

Bustedlol
07-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Hey what's up!! Yes, It's me again crying for help. Since I don't understand why I can't connect neither to Uplay,Exclusives Content and multiplayer server for Splinter Cell Conviction.

I've unlocked the recommended port. I have been running with no firewall... All these action without success I even checked my hosts files in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc...! Now since I've been waiting for a patch that would fix all I see that you at Ubisoft doesn't really take in consideration that the problem might come server side. But it's alright...

So here I am on your forum trying to figure out a way to fix my problem... But there's another bigger problem that you guys don't want to look at... Yes, the DRM!!!!!! I've played Far cry 2 but you guys made some improvement since this game. The thing is that it led me to purchase ACII on XBOX360 instead. And here comes the disappointment Splinter Cell Conviction.... 60$! Hey guys 60$! The game is amazing... I payed... How the f*** do I need to post on this forum to get some of my Exclusive Content and whine about your poor customer support when even EA GAMES can include a freaking LIVE CHAT in their Customer support. Hey Ubisoft, DRM DOESN'T WORK!! HEY... The game has been cracked in less then 2 day after it's initial release. My friend who haven't even payed to support your company and get an original copy of the game are playing the multiplayer AND THEY HAVEN'T EVEN PAYED THE FREAKING GAME!!! Please quit that DRM Idea... It sucks... HEY They can even crack the Multiplayer!!!?! Yes they can! WTF?!

Alright,Now here's my point of view with less Rage...

- Take out the DRM ( USELESS WASTE OF MONEY FOR THE CUSTOMERS )
- If you want to spit on PC Gamer why don't you just stop making game on this platform. We hate to be disappointed over and over. But you guys got us hooked like a fat kid on cake. You get the money. Oh and stop playing this little game. We all know that here at Ubisoft Montreal you got your Bonus for selling the game right. And that's all you needed...
- What's the point of buying the game if we have to fight to get the content that we paid for?!( 60$ = 6 Hours solo 5 Mission Deniable Ops.. Oh wait Multiplayer doesn't work, Uplay neither not even Exclusive contents. Aw sorry)

Now, Splinter Cell Conviction is a really good game. The thing is that you guys seems to be so much in fear that people will crack your game. That you over protect it with bad DRM that DOESN'T WORK! It doesn't. Admit it! Makes you ruin the experience of Legit player that have payed the game and that contributes to support your Business. You just spend so much time fighting against bad cracker. Don't forget that if a game is good people will not crack it. They'll buy it. But since you deliver bad support, and spit in PC gamers face like you always do since Far Cry 2. Well people spit in your face as well by not buying the game.

So guys... A Good old CD-Key works... Prevents people from cracking multiplayer. Unique Key can download content. It worked for Far Cry 2. Why don't you go back there.

I hope that this message will be read...If there's no improvement... nobody will buy your game anymore... Even if they are good! They'll realize that it's cheaper to crack it and sometimes it even works better.

Oh Thanks!

P.S: Sorry, But It had to come out.

CHAUTAUQUA
07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Generally speaking, my observation is simple:

If you are unable to see any of your friends online (whom you have verified are indeed in Splinter Cell Conviction and connected to the internet) then the rest will not work:

- No DLC
- No Coop/Multiplayer Matchmaking of any kind
- No UPlay accessibility.

However, if you are able to see your friends, the game runs perfect...here is my testing:

- Launch game from Steam

- Ubisoft Launcher opens, message: "Synchronising saved games..." game launches.

- Skip intro movies.

- From Menu, select Friends, message: "Connecting to Splinter Cell Conviction Server"...Error: "Splinter Cell Conviction server is not available at this time. Please try again later."

- I can try this repeatedly forevever with the same result.

- OK, so maybe I have to login first.

- So I click on "Coop and Multiplayer - Find Match", and get a quick message window "Login"

- I'm brought to the main lobby setup window with success.

- At this point, none of the DLC I paid for shows up.

- However, lets say I choose either Hunter or Coop story modes, and search for a game.

- Sometimes it connects, no matter what settings I try , and sometimes it doesnt connect on the identical settings that it connected with succcessfully on a previous attempt. Eventually, after many many tries, it connects, I get to play.

- Otherwise, if no match is found on the Splinter Cell Conviction server, the .exe crashes, and follows with the message "General Protection Fault ... " and the game exits.

- I re-launch the game.

- I have friends on Steam, I ask them to load Splinter Cell. I now see a message on my screen in Conviction that the player is online.

- I setup a map from the game lobby screen, and invite my friend. He receives the invite, selects Accept, gets the message: "Unable to connect to game server".

- We try repeatedly until eventually it connects.

- Suddenly, the DLC content is now available.

* Alternatively, I could play any other Steam game in both single and multiplayer online WITHOUT EVER HAVING A PROBLEM such as: Crysis Warhead 64 bit, Dawn of War 2, Street Fighter 4, Batman: Arkham, GTA IV ... *

I am currently preparing screen captured video using FRAPS of this problem before I contact Ubisoft Technical Support so that I can post it on my web site.

I will update this post when the video is up.

I am currently running 1.04 of the Steam version with above spec. computer requirements.

Bustedlol
07-10-2010, 10:05 AM
This is a common problem to pretty much 90% of the player right now. The last patch 1.04 made it worse. There's a big no way to fix it. The solution have to come Server Side. And also they might fix it in a future patch. Now you should only wait and play Multiplayer on Tunggle. Well thats what I do. And it works like a charm.

KenTWOu
07-22-2010, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bustedlol:
And it works like a charm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, it's not.

Tunngle has few problems with disconnections and lost of synchronization cause it connects you with other players even if your/their ping is very bad. While official server usually doesn't connect you with bad ping players.

It's really hard to find players with DLC levels in tunngle, cause there are so many players which play Conviction illegally and has no DLC.

Some of Tunngle players also have obsolete version of the game like 1.03 or even 1.02 because of piracy.

So my opinion is that unfortunately Tunngle isn't ideal too.