PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat of a random note about Mont St Michael...

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 01:00 PM
I always notice that most people complain about how huge and roof-friendly the map is, but honestly? I am indifferent. My big complaint about the map is the FREAKING MERCHANTS.

They shout at the absolute top of their damn lungs and I can't hear a damn thing like footsteps or whispers if I'm standing withing twenty yards of them. I really hate that I had to turn down my voice volume because of the stupid merchants and other yelling NPCs on this map.

Might be exaggerating a bit - I can still hear stuff but it's annoyingly hard to gauge distance or estimated time of arrival because I'm not sure how loud stuff is next to these booming voices.

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 01:00 PM
I always notice that most people complain about how huge and roof-friendly the map is, but honestly? I am indifferent. My big complaint about the map is the FREAKING MERCHANTS.

They shout at the absolute top of their damn lungs and I can't hear a damn thing like footsteps or whispers if I'm standing withing twenty yards of them. I really hate that I had to turn down my voice volume because of the stupid merchants and other yelling NPCs on this map.

Might be exaggerating a bit - I can still hear stuff but it's annoyingly hard to gauge distance or estimated time of arrival because I'm not sure how loud stuff is next to these booming voices.

Assassinsyk
01-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Up the music (including whispers), down The SFX. This is good for all maps, but mostly this.

utriej
01-18-2011, 01:20 PM
I have the same issue. For that reason, I almost never hide out by the herald infront of the church or down by the merchants, cant hear the whispers near them.

PinkishLeaf
01-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Ah yes, but if they weren't hollering so loud you wouldn't be able to hear about the bargain prices of their goods...now to find some moneys. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LeatherDaddy
01-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Go to the options and turn off the voice volume. It won't affect SFX or music and you won't be able to hear them at all!

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 02:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I really hate that I had to turn down my voice volume because of the stupid merchants and other yelling NPCs on this map. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quoting myself since two of you seem to have not read my whole, short post :P

I like hearing the merchants in a general sense, cause I like that it adds to the atmosphere and immersion from me. But yeah, these guys on Mont St Michael are horrible lol

Assassinsyk
01-18-2011, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I really hate that I had to turn down my voice volume because of the stupid merchants and other yelling NPCs on this map. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quoting myself since two of you seem to have not read my whole, short post :P

I like hearing the merchants in a general sense, cause I like that it adds to the atmosphere and immersion from me. But yeah, these guys on Mont St Michael are horrible lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, dude, got too eager. For what itīs worth I read the whole thing, but I only skimmed through and obviously missed the most important detail.

But I still have a valid point, you donīt need to turn them off, just compensate. I donīt blame you if you return my two cents, though.

obliviondoll
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PinkishLeaf:
Ah yes, but if they weren't hollering so loud you wouldn't be able to hear about the bargain prices of their goods...now to find some moneys. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This.

But more seriously, I like that it alters the dynamic somewhat - I learnt to play without hearing the whispers, Mont St Michel is the only map now where I can relive that experience.

And I don't find the herald loud enough to get in the way - I have SFX dropped one point below voice, and music another couple below that.

Tanktric
01-18-2011, 02:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PinkishLeaf:
Ah yes, but if they weren't hollering so loud you wouldn't be able to hear about the bargain prices of their goods...now to find some moneys. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This.

But more seriously, I like that it alters the dynamic somewhat - I learnt to play without hearing the whispers, Mont St Michel is the only map now where I can relive that experience.

And I don't find the herald loud enough to get in the way - I have SFX dropped one point below voice, and music another couple below that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, I was lvl 50 before I realized about the whispers. Now that I know about them unfortunately I've become a bit too reliant on them, I wish I hadn't because now I can't preform up to par with the whispers. I myswell turn the music volume down and try that.

I have my music and sfx to 5 and my voice to 10 as it stands right now.

DeanOMiite
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM
The merchants don't bother me, but I'm never really around them on this map. That herald though...

zain_mastron
01-18-2011, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I like hearing the merchants in a general sense, cause I like that it adds to the atmosphere and immersion from me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This.

I too enjoy the whole atmosphere the levels create with the busy trade where no one actually buys anything and just circles the entire map. And the preaching heralds about how bad the Church is, yet they are standing in front of a Church...

Seriously though, I do despise Mont St. Michael. Not just because the NPC's are French but because of the multi-levelness of it. First rage quit with AC Brotherhood last night in this map because of lag and roofers. All in all, the herald's aren't that bad!