PDA

View Full Version : Patch for Quad Throttle yet?

HalisMojab1
11-17-2004, 03:45 AM
Will the new patch for Pacific Fighters enable correct use of the CH products Quad Throttle with a separate throttle lever for each engine in multi-engine aircraft?
The CH fans have come up with a fix-around that requires you to press a key to select an engine before moving the appropriate throttle. This means, of course, that you can't control two engines simultaneously.

Microsofts CFS2 is already set up to use the CH Quad Throttle. Currently I'm flying a P-38 with complete control of each engine simply by moving the appropriate throttle lever - no engine selection required. Now that's authenticity.

I haven't found the need to buy Pacific Fighters yet, but if it ever comes patched to accommodate the Quad Throttle, then please let me know.

HalisMojab1
11-17-2004, 03:45 AM
Will the new patch for Pacific Fighters enable correct use of the CH products Quad Throttle with a separate throttle lever for each engine in multi-engine aircraft?
The CH fans have come up with a fix-around that requires you to press a key to select an engine before moving the appropriate throttle. This means, of course, that you can't control two engines simultaneously.

Microsofts CFS2 is already set up to use the CH Quad Throttle. Currently I'm flying a P-38 with complete control of each engine simply by moving the appropriate throttle lever - no engine selection required. Now that's authenticity.

I haven't found the need to buy Pacific Fighters yet, but if it ever comes patched to accommodate the Quad Throttle, then please let me know.

VF-17_Jolly
11-17-2004, 04:06 AM
I doubt it very much.
AFAIK it would need more than just a patch to allow FB or PF to use the CH multi-throttles ( I would be happy to be wrong)

effte
11-17-2004, 06:11 AM
Jolly,
you're wrong. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Although it is probably "an engine limitation, will not be in before BoB, be sure". That's Russglish for 'we have other priorities and don't plan on looking into that'. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif