PDA

View Full Version : another 'unfinished' age? (spoilers)

JohnJSal
11-20-2003, 11:14 AM
i was asking in another post about what to do in elder remo (and the other one) with those three wooden stands that you can push around...everyone seemed to be suggesting that there was something to do with them, but out of extreme frustration, i just decided to walk around the other world again and i ended up finding the final cloth, which i had missed before, so i finished the age....but i never used those three stands...was there something extra to do with them? why was this passage even there? why was everyone telling me that there was something to do with the three of them?

were you maybe supposed to use one to make a bridge over that little waterfall? i just jumped over that, and besides, why were there two crates?

oh well...i'm done with that age, two to go and i'm telling myself i won't get any help for them! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JohnJSal
11-20-2003, 11:14 AM
i was asking in another post about what to do in elder remo (and the other one) with those three wooden stands that you can push around...everyone seemed to be suggesting that there was something to do with them, but out of extreme frustration, i just decided to walk around the other world again and i ended up finding the final cloth, which i had missed before, so i finished the age....but i never used those three stands...was there something extra to do with them? why was this passage even there? why was everyone telling me that there was something to do with the three of them?

were you maybe supposed to use one to make a bridge over that little waterfall? i just jumped over that, and besides, why were there two crates?

oh well...i'm done with that age, two to go and i'm telling myself i won't get any help for them! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jbhypno
11-20-2003, 11:37 AM
SPOILER
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
It is very difficult to get up to the top to get the Journey up there without a source of light. The buckets are there to provide a way to get across the water without jumping. If you get the fireflys in Gira they will fly away when you get wet or jump more than once. The first bucket goes in the narrow strip of water to make a bridge onto the island. You can then make a single jump into the cave. Once you reach the top you will lose the fireflys but find 2 more buckets. You can push those down to make a second bridge to enter the caave without jumping. You can go back to Gira for more fireflys and walk across both sets of buckets into the cave. That way when you reach the narrow strip of water on the top you can make your one jump without losing the fireflys.

JBhypno

Beta Tester
Guild of Greeters
Alien from beyond innerspace

JohnJSal
11-20-2003, 11:48 AM
[snip spoiler]

wow, i guess i just got lucky...i used the first bucket correctly, but then instead of jumping into the cave, i just ran really fast against the wall and i must have stayed above the water, because the bugs didn't leave me...then when i reached the upper ledge, i was able to make that jump without using the second or third bucket...

the weird thing is, i tested whether or not jumping would make the bugs leave, and whenever i jumped, they would fly away the first time...somehow they didn't that one time that it mattered, though...

CosimoDeMedici
11-20-2003, 11:54 AM
JohnJSal,

I must have tried a dozen times to get into the first cave without jumping (and not use a barrel). Not that I have any interest in going back there to try again, but I'd love to know how you did that.

As if that firely puzzle is not bad enough, the fact that jumping once elsewhere will cause the bugs to immediately fly away is inexcusable. It's almost as if Cyan were deliberately trying to make the puzzle as illogical as absolutely possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnJSal:
[snip spoiler]

wow, i guess i just got lucky...i used the first bucket correctly, but then instead of jumping into the cave, i just ran really fast against the wall and i must have stayed above the water, because the bugs didn't leave me...then when i reached the upper ledge, i was able to make that jump without using the second or third bucket...

the weird thing is, i tested whether or not jumping would make the bugs leave, and whenever i jumped, they would fly away the first time...somehow they didn't that one time that it mattered, though...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bistro321
11-20-2003, 12:11 PM
I used to enjoy seeing the little things lighting up on a summer's night....I don't think I'll ever be able to do that now without feeling a slight rush of frustration. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JohnJSal
11-20-2003, 12:56 PM
-----------
I must have tried a dozen times to get into the first cave without jumping (and not use a barrel). Not that I have any interest in going back there to try again, but I'd love to know how you did that.
---------

heh heh...i tried it again later and it didn't work the second time...i guess i was just running fast enough along a shallow part that the game didn't register that i was in the water...but doing this messed me up with the other crates, because i didn't need them at all but i spent a day trying to figure out what to do with them!

-----------
As if that firely puzzle is not bad enough, the fact that jumping once elsewhere will cause the bugs to immediately fly away is inexcusable. It's almost as if Cyan were deliberately trying to make the puzzle as illogical as absolutely possible.
-----------

i agree....there was no reason for us to logically conclude that the fireflies would stay with us for one jump...
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnJSal:
[snip spoiler]

Whitch2
11-20-2003, 01:05 PM
Wow, you really did get lucky,JohnJSal! ASAIK, you are not supposed to be able to get the last journey cloth in Eder Gira without first lighting the way. At least that's how it was left towards the end of the beta.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

maztec
11-20-2003, 01:10 PM
You can do it tha tway but it's fairly difficult. The main problem is finding the cloth itself. Last update during beta I found I wasn't able to click on it in the dark anymore. Maybe that slipped through in Prime.

JohnJSal
11-20-2003, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Whitch2:
Wow, you really did get lucky,JohnJSal! ASAIK, you are not supposed to be able to get the last journey cloth in Eder Gira _without_ first lighting the way. At least that's how it was left towards the end of the beta.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
actually, i didn't find the cloth in the dark, it's just that i was able to run across the water into the first cave without the fireflies leaving me, so then i was able to go across that upper ledge, jump over the little waterfall (that was my 'one jump' with the bugs) and go into the cave with the cloth with them still with me...

what my little adventure amounted to was that i didn't need the other two crates, so i was very confused with what to do with them until i decided to go looking around the other world for something to do, and i found the final cloth! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif