PDA

View Full Version : No Electric motor sounds in aircraft Gun Turrets? BUG? PAtch?and other questions

Destraex
10-30-2004, 05:18 PM
I know some aircraft have manual turrets but one thing I have noticed is that their is no Electric servo motor sound in the gun turrets. Two speeds would do it, one for pulling hard and one for casual looking.
Would also be nice to have to use hand cracks when the electrics were out.
The b25 and a20 are good examples, and sound very unusual with silent running turrets.
It would also be nice to hear electrics when you fly close to a bomber who's turret is in motion?

Also would be cool if different speeds on different aircraft were realistic for turret movement. ATM it just does not feel real

BTW whats the best carrier to take off on the Doolittle raid.

another question a friend had:
Does the AI pull redout black out turns as soon as you get a bead on them because they are scripted too every time?

Can the AI see through clouds?

Are the air physics models pretty much the same apart from torque\power and stall speed, turn rate. I.E. would a lightning climbing through cloud at low level accelerate at the same power be beaten by a lightning flying higher at the climbing and accelerating at same speed?

Is wind modelled, I know weather effects are their but their seems to be no windspeed indications or changes, are they just random at certain heights.

Destraex
10-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Perhaps everybody else is getting the motor sounds?

Destraex
11-26-2004, 02:02 AM
electric motors and crank sounds aswell as bomber chatter that pipes up during the action

VMF-112_Turret
11-26-2004, 02:10 AM
I don't get Turret sounds & others that I flew with don't get Turret sounds either. By the way, my name is Turret because I shot down my enemy Fighters with Gun Turrets on Bombers than with Fighters.

NegativeGee
11-26-2004, 02:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Destraex:
Perhaps everybody else is getting the motor sounds? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AFAIK there are no turret motor sounds. Would be a nice "immersion" feature if they were added.

As for rotation rates, these are supposed to be limited to 60 degrees/second on the powered turret currently in the game on the A-20 and B-25.

SeaFireLIV
11-26-2004, 04:31 AM
Never thought about motor sounds, but you`re right, they should be there.

As for AI, well I remember Oleg saying that AI cannot and will not make turns where a Human would blackout (don`t know about redout). This was with AEP/FB. Now I know this is correct, because even if you find you are blacking out chasing AI that`s because you as the pilot is making too hard a turn/bank at speed wheras your bogey isn`t... same principle as online where a Human bogey outturns you, but you black out.

What would be nice would be if AI could `attempt` a blackout manouever and blackout himself.

And AI do see through clouds. I never fight in clouds offline, I steer bogies away from it, but keep clouds on cos it looks c r a p otherwise. Thankfully, there`s never too much cloud.

Speeds change depending on altitude if I understand right.

And I don`t think wind directions change once you start (not sure), but smoke from wreckage never allters direction, would be nice if it did.