PDA

View Full Version : flame on flame off Which patch for Aces expansion to play multiplayer online

flameon4
01-21-2005, 06:41 AM
Well I still haven't bought Pacific Fighters. Waiting for the price drop. But, after playing mercanaires on x-box I wanted to fly again a real plane. Where is the patch of IL2 Forgotten Battles to play online again? The ubisoft site just lists a 100 mb patch for pacific fighters.

Is that the patch I need or am I anot allowed to play multiplayer with IL2 Forgotten battles Ace expansion.

Second question the guy at Game Spot said their are a few die hard players left on computers games. Why do you play games like this?

Why isn't this game on xbox?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

Slingn
01-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Once upon a time, a long time ago, there were two friends. Both loved to play video games. One got a console system and learned how to make a little man run around and make hamburgers. The other got a computer and learned how to fly. Now when one comes back from flying executives around the world, he stops buy to visit his friend, and get some frys as well.

BTW, if you wnat to fly online, you wont find many, if ny at all playing the original il2. Hell, its even hard to find any playing the stand alone version of PF.

strelnik_Sipi
01-21-2005, 07:05 AM
Last patch for AEP was 2.04, but i guess there are only few ppl left who still play it. 99% are on 3.04 thats il2+AEP+PF and a few patches.
Only few die hard players on PC games? lololol realy dobt that. And why isnt this on X box? No idea but i dont need a console and never will so i dont care. I gues you would need a keyboard anyway for all the commands and is there a hotas set for xbox? Half of the features would be unavailable on console.

Bearcat99
01-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Suck it up and buy PF now.... waiting for the price drop..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif whats it gonna drop in the next 6 months .....$10? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Dont be so ch.... er uhh frugal..... Live a little man... You wont find too many folks on AEP.. even the die hard "Im not gonna buy PF because i heard yada yada yada... " guys are now running 3.04m and lovin it. Do yourself a favor.......

In answer to your last question.. first off... the guy at Game Spot said!!??

Puhh lease.. he works at Game Spot.. honest work for sure but c'mon..... We are here because at the moment there are no console game systems out that will give us the flexibility of our PCs... or this sim for that matter. Even the best console sim out that new thing....is still a toy... no HOTAS yet.. no pedals... no TIR...... nuff said... well the gaming console HOTAS is actually a reality but it just isnt in the US yet but Saitek makes one....Most of us here though we may play games we arent "gamers" per se... Simmers are a different lot.. usually a tad older than the hard core FPS geeks and our needs are not so easily staisfied. We dont need or want the quick fix.... we prefer the long slow... rewarding process that PC sims give.... I have been flying this series for well over 3 years now and it is just as fresh as the first time.. more so in fact.

Troll2k
01-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Lets see you put a flight stick and rudder pedals on a console.