PDA

View Full Version : Shrunken Heads

Greeny2k10
12-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Is it true there is only 2 in the whole game? I have the one from the lair but i accidently sold the one from the chest in antico, Does anybody know of a way to get them? Like Bandits or Borgia Couriers? If there is only 2 then whos stupid idea was it to put only 2 in the game? I Know it doesnt affect achievements but i just want that armour!!!

Greeny2k10
12-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Is it true there is only 2 in the whole game? I have the one from the lair but i accidently sold the one from the chest in antico, Does anybody know of a way to get them? Like Bandits or Borgia Couriers? If there is only 2 then whos stupid idea was it to put only 2 in the game? I Know it doesnt affect achievements but i just want that armour!!!

SolidSnakeMat
12-08-2010, 04:01 AM
From what I've read... Sorry your bat out of luck. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 04:23 AM
Yes the shop quest are aggravating and yes as far as i know there is only 2 in the game annoying is it not?

YHHTQ
12-08-2010, 05:06 AM
I started early one selling them treasures in shops and stuff, without realising what their main purpose was. In the end, the ones I were missing were acquired either from bandits or Borgia couriers and it took me a SERIOUS while...

Honestly, maybe I wasn't paying attention, but the game doesn't do a good job informing you about their main purpose.

Greeny2k10
12-08-2010, 05:10 AM
So ur telling me i can get another shrunken from killing bandits and couriers???

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 05:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
I started early one selling them treasures in shops and stuff, without realising what their main purpose was. In the end, the ones I were missing were acquired either from bandits or Borgia couriers and it took me a SERIOUS while...

Honestly, maybe I wasn't paying attention, but the game doesn't do a good job informing you about their main purpose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea the idea is to use your iniciative and think for yourself, would be a bit easy if they exlained eveything for you and diddnt let you discover anything for yourself dont you think?

Greeny2k10
12-08-2010, 05:27 AM
I dont think it should matter if they explained it, the fact is, why put only 2 heads in the game???? now we cant get that armour!!!

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 05:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greeny2k10:
I dont think it should matter if they explained it, the fact is, why put only 2 heads in the game???? now we cant get that armour!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep fair point but we need some confirmation on this beofre we start shunning the devs about only putting 2 heads in the game anyone know this is for sure or not?

Greeny2k10
12-08-2010, 05:52 AM
Ive been farming couriers and bandits for almost 2 hours now and no luck! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Wow long am guessing afte 2 hours ytou have covered most of the map too? Where are you finding the bandits and couriers?

O bandits are the guys with small blades that look a little like thieves that attack you as soon as they look at you no? Dont think i have seen any couriers but i may be wrong could you explain please lol?

Greeny2k10
12-08-2010, 06:16 AM
just been doing this for 2 hours...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxbzfnBw1Ek

rude_boys_uk
12-08-2010, 06:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greeny2k10:
Is it true there is only 2 in the whole game? I have the one from the lair but i accidently sold the one from the chest in antico, Does anybody know of a way to get them? Like Bandits or Borgia Couriers? If there is only 2 then whos stupid idea was it to put only 2 in the game? I Know it doesnt affect achievements but i just want that armour!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Where is Antico?

Greeny2k10
12-08-2010, 06:34 AM
antico district

Greeny2k10
12-08-2010, 06:39 AM
WTF i brought ALL the treasure maps and 1 box didnt show up, and that box was the one with the shrunken head in, thank god i found it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FrankieSatt
12-08-2010, 06:43 AM
The shop quests are purely and absurdely hosed up. They should have never been put in the game. We should have been told in the manual, yeah the paper one we didn't get, about the shop quests and not to sell the items we collect.

I could care less about the shop quests and won't even bother anymore to complete them, no matter how many times I restart the game.

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 06:43 AM
I see how annoying for you. Confirmation on there only being 2 heads would be nice annyone?

Greeny2k10
12-08-2010, 06:50 AM
I cant comfirm it but considering a spent 2 and a half hours killing bandits and couriers i got to say, theres no way to get another head....even tho i eventually found one in the chest that didnt show up, i still cant express that the person who only put 2 in the game shud be tortured and shot at dawn http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 06:56 AM
@ Greeny at last yay well at least you found it panic over no need for tourture and shootings lol.

@ Frankie, unecissary to take such a harsh view towards these quests. One of the great things about AC games is you have to think about things a little bit and they do not hold your hand through the game, you have to find things out for yourselves, if you want games that do hold your hand all the way through then play COD games. In AC you have to think about things and use your Iniciative.

I would just do them once you restart the game that way you wont miss out on armour and weapons and stuff you dont wanna do that just for a stupid principle surley?

Greeny2k10
12-08-2010, 06:59 AM
I made about 200,000f aswell killing bandits and couriers then selling the useless stuff...

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 07:13 AM
I made about 200,000f aswell killing bandits and couriers then selling the useless stuff... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good times. Time to buy some landmarks have you bought the colloseum yet?

Greeny2k10
12-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Yeh, i brought the collusem, i need a few more shops 1st tho

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 07:57 AM
I am doing the shops first so the landmarks will come after tbh but i am really looking forward to owning the whole of ROME.

Spartiates_Monk
12-08-2010, 01:11 PM
SO what I'm hearing is that I'm screwed, basically... I can't get another shrunken head...

That's a really terrible design.

To the guy who was saying that you have to figure stuff out: it's a game, not the real world. As such, it has arbitrary rules, you need some sense of what those rules are to play.

Nothing a free-roam, open-world game should have limited quantities, that's just bad design. I'll mine bandits for hours to get a shrunken head, if that works, but it sounds like it doesn't.

MolochXX
12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
@ Greeny at last yay well at least you found it panic over no need for tourture and shootings lol.

@ Frankie, unecissary to take such a harsh view towards these quests. One of the great things about AC games is you have to think about things a little bit and they do not hold your hand through the game, you have to find things out for yourselves, if you want games that do hold your hand all the way through then play COD games. In AC you have to think about things and use your Iniciative.

I would just do them once you restart the game that way you wont miss out on armour and weapons and stuff you dont wanna do that just for a stupid principle surley? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bull****. There's a difference between challenging gameplay that requires thought (which, by the way, this game more or less entirely lacks in the first place) and simply neglecting to tell you key information about some items you pick up. All they had to do was work an introduction to the shop quests in somewhere in the early game, the way they did with tunnels and the like, and the blame would have been entirely off their backs. Instead, they added a wildly tedious feature made even worse by the fact that there is no warning that the random **** you've just picked up is rare and necessary for a quest. They could have gone the route of "cannot sell quest items", too. I mean, anything at all would have solved this problem. But they failed to do that, and now I'm stuck having to choose between Armor of Brutus that I can't dye or customize in any way despite putting in a lot of time to get it and a mish-mash of lesser armors because there's virtually no chance I'll randomly come upon another shrunken head without starting over entirely.

Spartiates_Monk
12-08-2010, 01:28 PM
That's exactly where I am.

I don't want to wear the armor of Brutus, and the quest armor is by far the best looking set in the game.