PDA

View Full Version : And They're Off!

alan1147
01-08-2011, 01:28 PM
I cannot get past this mission. I've watched videos on You Tube and it looks easy but when I try it Ezio does not go where he should and I lose valuable time. I have seen comments from other people who are having the same problem. There should be a way of continuing with the game without this mission as it isn't really important to the story. If I can't do this I will have to give up completing the game.

alan1147
01-08-2011, 01:28 PM
I cannot get past this mission. I've watched videos on You Tube and it looks easy but when I try it Ezio does not go where he should and I lose valuable time. I have seen comments from other people who are having the same problem. There should be a way of continuing with the game without this mission as it isn't really important to the story. If I can't do this I will have to give up completing the game.

notafanboy
01-08-2011, 01:30 PM
be more specific. Is it the carnevale race ?

KabouterPitta
01-08-2011, 01:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:
be more specific. Is it the carnevale race ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes it's that race.

And not important to the story? The thing he'll win by that(dont want to spoil anything) is necessairy to something(you'll see later on in the game).

Keep trying! Maybe some of your IRL friends got it with ease?
Isn't that hard. I got it with 11 seconds left on my first playthrough and that's ages as it is over 10% of the time given http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif.On later playthoughs I even managed 20 seconds left. And I'm definitly not the best free-runner.
So dont give up. Maybe learn the course by heart(youtube?) and try to run it beside the mission to get a "feel" to it?

alan1147
01-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes it is one of the carnival races entitled 'And They're Off'. Sorry, I thought the title would identify it.

alan1147
01-08-2011, 01:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KabouterPitta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:
Yes it's that race.

And not important to the story? The thing he'll win by that(dont want to spoil anything) is necessairy to something(you'll see later on in the game).

Isn't that hard. I got it with 11 seconds left on my first playthrough and that's ages as it is over 10% of the time given http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif.On later playthoughs I even managed 20 seconds left. And I'm definitly not the best free-runner.
So dont give up. Maybe learn the course by heart(youtube?) and try to run it beside the mission to get a "feel" to it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know where to go, but it's difficult to make Ezio go where you want him to go. He sometimes climbs up when you want him to jump across, and dives to the ground at other times. I find the keyboard and mouse controls rather awkward. Maybe its easier on console.

KabouterPitta
01-08-2011, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alan1147:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KabouterPitta:
Yes it's that race.

So dont give up. Maybe learn the course by heart(youtube?) and try to run it beside the mission to get a "feel" to it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know where to go, but it's difficult to make Ezio go where you want him to go. He sometimes climbs up when you want him to jump across, and dives to the ground at other times. I find the keyboard and mouse controls rather awkward. Maybe its easier on console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
None of your friends got ps3? You can (with a little program) connect them to your pc.
Might be easier indeed

alan1147
01-08-2011, 02:23 PM
OK maybe I'll try something like that. Thanks for the advice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ultimate_Night
01-08-2011, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alan1147:
OK maybe I'll try something like that. Thanks for the advice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just so you know, if you use an Xbox360 controller the game will change button prompts accordingly, making it look better.

ThaWhistle
01-08-2011, 04:29 PM
just jump off the roof when you get to the flag, take the ladder back up and use medicine to regain health after the falls. its pretty easy. the first two times I played it I never even SAW the other guy.

alan1147
01-09-2011, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
just jump off the roof when you get to the flag, take the ladder back up and use medicine to regain health after the falls. its pretty easy. the first two times I played it I never even SAW the other guy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's not the flag race (I've done that one), it's the one where you have to reach 16 waypoints in 2 minutes. I am taking Ultimate Night's advice and getting an Xbox 360 controller for PC which should make it a bit easier. Thanks anyway for the interest.

Inorganic9_2
01-09-2011, 02:09 PM
I hate that one. It's kind of pointless but easy. In order to finish the mission, you have to make some stupid, crazy jump/fall :s There's no way of catching the guy once he has the flag, so you have to do that. They could've made that mission better!

flyingeaglemile
01-09-2011, 02:16 PM
After I figured out an easy way to do it (youtube) I had no problem with it and now I usually have around 25-30 seconds left unless if I mess up. Though I play on a console and have no problem with Ezio (90% of the time), the controls might be different on a PC.

alan1147
01-12-2011, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ultimate_Night:
OK maybe I'll try something like that. Thanks for the advice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just so you know, if you use an Xbox360 controller the game will change button prompts accordingly, making it look better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought an Xbox360 controller, but the button prompts don't seem to have changed. It makes the race marginally easier, but I'm still only at 13/16. I think it's just a case of try and try again and hope that Ezio makes all of the jumps perfectly on one attempt. I lose valuable seconds when he drops too far and has to climb up again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif