PDA

View Full Version : A few question about PF and other things. :-)

Coffee999
12-10-2004, 03:57 PM
PF:
1. Why are dial fonts so blurry? When I zoom in as far as I can, dial wordage(sp) is fuzzy and hard to read.

2. When flying a missions and you're on leads wing, can I assume that's him giving directions, and not other flight that's in the same mission? And why is it that you sometimes don't get who's message is "under attack"? It would be nice to know who's coming over the radio.

Cougar:
1. I have had my Cougar for a very long time. Everytime I restart my computer I have to click on the program button at the lower right of Foxy to load file. I thought there was a way from the stick to keep one file in mem even when re-starting. I tryed everything I could think of in CCP and Foxy to make this work without any results.

CH pedels:
1. Just got them and they work good. I read that there isn't anyway to use the brakes when hooked to a Cougar. Is this right, and if not how do I do make it happen?
2. Is there a reason I should install the software that cane with CH Pedels. I hhoked then up and work fine with out it. I don't have any other Ch product that this software supports?

NP 6DOF:
This company is FANTASTIC. When I bought Tir1 and got use to it, I was like everyone else. Can no longer fly without it. Have 3pro now and it's smoother than ever. 6DOF is going to be great for simming. Even though what I fly, PF and Lockon, won't be supported full, I ordered one. I have CFS3, and can have a looksy :-) Hats off :-)

Coffee999
12-10-2004, 03:57 PM
PF:
1. Why are dial fonts so blurry? When I zoom in as far as I can, dial wordage(sp) is fuzzy and hard to read.

2. When flying a missions and you're on leads wing, can I assume that's him giving directions, and not other flight that's in the same mission? And why is it that you sometimes don't get who's message is "under attack"? It would be nice to know who's coming over the radio.

Cougar:
1. I have had my Cougar for a very long time. Everytime I restart my computer I have to click on the program button at the lower right of Foxy to load file. I thought there was a way from the stick to keep one file in mem even when re-starting. I tryed everything I could think of in CCP and Foxy to make this work without any results.

CH pedels:
1. Just got them and they work good. I read that there isn't anyway to use the brakes when hooked to a Cougar. Is this right, and if not how do I do make it happen?
2. Is there a reason I should install the software that cane with CH Pedels. I hhoked then up and work fine with out it. I don't have any other Ch product that this software supports?

NP 6DOF:
This company is FANTASTIC. When I bought Tir1 and got use to it, I was like everyone else. Can no longer fly without it. Have 3pro now and it's smoother than ever. 6DOF is going to be great for simming. Even though what I fly, PF and Lockon, won't be supported full, I ordered one. I have CFS3, and can have a looksy :-) Hats off :-)

Maj_Death
12-10-2004, 04:02 PM
1. Turn your texture detail up or turn down AA. AA is great for smoothing rough edges, the problem is it smooths those edges regardless of whether or not they are supposed to be smooth http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif. Also, only the gauges actually do something, if you are looking at a knob in the cockpit then in all likely hood it is just there for looks and doesn't actually do anything. Most of those static knobs and dials are of a lower detail than the funtional ones. Lastly some planes simply have small font on the dials, to read them you will have to zoom in.

2. You hear all flights on your side over the radio. You can even switch to the enemies frequency and listen to them if you want.

Tully__
12-10-2004, 07:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coffee999:
CH pedels:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. If they're USB pedals you can use the brakes but PF has only one brake axis. Differential braking is controlled by rudder input (eg: brakes plus right rudder = right side only brakes). If they're gameport pedals and you have them plugged into the gameport on your Cougar you may not be able to use the brake axis. You may wish to ask more about this at Frugals Cougar World forums.

2. If they're gameport and connected via the gameport connector on your Cougar, no. If they're plugged directly into your computer, it depends whether you wish to use the CH sensitivity, response curve and deadband features or you're happy with the adjustments available via the in-game settings.